1052pts. News guy's test list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1052pts. New guy's test list.

I havn't actually bought any of these miniatures yet and Ii intend to do one massive bulk buy of the army as soon as I have everything set in my head. So without further ado, here is the list.

Canoness:
    Jump pack, Blessed Weapon, Cloak of St. Aspiria, Bolt Pistol 125pts

Battle Sisters squad 1 [10]:
    Bolters, Flamer, Storm Bolter, Rhino. Vet. Superior with Bolt Pistol and Power Weapon
    185Pts.

Battle Sisters squad 2 [10]:
    Bolters, Flamer, Storm Bolter, Rhino. Vet. Superior with Bolt Pistol and Power Weapon
    185Pts.

Seraphim [5]:
    Bolt Pistols, 1x twin hand flamers, Melta Bombs. Vet. Superior with bolt pistol and Power Weapon and Purity Seals.

Retributors [5]:
    4x Heavy Bolter. Vet Superior with Bolter. In Immolator

Arco Flagellants [6]

Vehicle upgrades:
    Rhino 1: Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour 8
    Rhino 2: Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour 8
    Immolator: Twin linked Heavy Bolter, Extra Armour 10

So that all adds up to 1052Pts. 52 points too many

My main questions are:

1) does this look like an O.K. list ignoring the points total? Is my maths O.K. or have a made silly mistake about equipment or some such (Excluding the fact that my seraphim have purity seals)

2) Is there any way to cut 52 points out of this army without changing it too much? I know I could simply drop a Rhino and be very close but if possible i would like to keep them in.

I guess i could drop the Arco-Flagellants, but WH suffer from a lack of close combat, and they look to do the job admirably. I would prefer a squad of Repntia but i hear they just die before doing anything useful.

Thanks

Bumble

Last edited by bumble; December 27th, 2005 at 02:21.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

Canoness:
    Blessed Weapon, Cloak of St. Aspiria, Storm Bolter

Bolters, 2x Storm Bolters. Vet. Superior (With Storm bolter)

Bolters, 2x Flamers, Rhino (with Extra armour + Smoke Launchers). Vet. Superior (With Brazier of fire)

Seraphim [5]:
    Bolt Pistols, 1x twin hand flamers, Melta Bombs. Vet. Superior with bolt pistol and Power Weapon and Purity Seals.

Retributors [5]:
    4x Heavy Bolter. Vet Superior with Bolter. In Immolator

Arco Flagellants [6]

Immolator: Twin linked Heavy Bolter

Preist (with storm bolter) [=Note=]>>>you have to have a preist in order to have arco flaggellants.

This set-up here you can give the Sisters with the storm bolters the cannoness and preist. With 5 storm bolters in the squad you can lay down a hail of fire while advancing at some range, don't underestimate storm bolters, they will do you justice if used correctly.

I've given you Flamer squads superior a Brazier of fire basically because thats 3 flamer templates when the get out of the rhino, with devine guidance thats a good amount of marines dead

This is only an edit, done quickly though so i don't know what the total points are. But my main concern for this force is that you are relying heavily on the seraphim to provide anti-tank. My advice would be maybe to add an exorcist instead of the retributor unit or a more effective idea would be to drop the flame pistol from the seraphim and give them 2 inferno pistols which will bolster their chances of killing tanks.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting...

It is possibly a much more viable list than my own initial attempt and does come in at under 1000pts (999 to be precise, though this may of course be an incorrect figure).

What i could do however is exchange the arcoflagellants with Repentia, allowing me to drop the priest and pick up a second rhino for the sisters.

How viable is a mechanised sister army? do they fare well or just get blasted before they have a chance of any action?

Also what would people suggest as to where to go from here? Temptation leads me down the avenue of two exorcists, but what other choices are good ones?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

124 (x4)

In my experience a mechanised sister army is very effective. My 1000pts list is:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cannoness with blessed weapon, Storm bolter, cloak of st. Aspira (rides in chimera)

10 battle sisters with flamer , heavy flamer, vet superior and rhino with extra armour and smoke launchers

10 battle sisters with flamer , heavy flamer, vet superior and rhino with extra armour and smoke launchers

10 Storm Troopers with 2x plasmaguns and Vet. serg. with combi-flamer and Chimera with multi laser and heavy bolter
    [adds abit of colour to the army than a 3rd sister squad + i love the kaskrin models ^__^]

Exorcist

Exorcist

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although taking 2 exorcists may be stretching it abit but when you see that they are my only anti-tank it's well justified. Anyways i built it to be an all round army relying on the sisters strengths (medium-short range shooting) instead of leveling off their weakness (combat). Very mobile, supportive of each other and can hit relatively hard, it has won me many battles. It works for me when i take it with me away from home, not needing to faff around sustuite some models/units, so i can just unpack and get on with the game.

The smoke launchers and extra garentees a high probablity of survive, add to this any terrain to hide behind so the sisters tend to let off their flamers. It can get horribly blasted but if thats the case tempting to hold a firm line power armour and bolters at range 12" from deployment works well, also especially backed up with a chimera and exorcists.

As for you getting repentia, i personally wouldn't use them, i like the models and how they work, the amount of points a unit costs really doesnt agree with me though when playing, they drop quite quick too.

A move you could take would to to knock out all heavy support and go with 2 sisters squads with flamers and vets. in transports backed up with 2 seraphim squads loaded with 2x twin inferno pistols giving the superior a master crafted inferno pistol and combat weapon (comes with her already) for your major anti-tanking and a canoness, with jump pack to lend aid in support (evisorators and blessed weapons are nice, but ignor pistols as they won't benefit from an extra attack and it cheapens her) If more points are spare then a Dominion squad armed with 4 flamers in an immolator is a nice add. This is a mobile choice which doesn't rely on exorcists should you decide to consider it
    Last edited by Heiromyo; December 28th, 2005 at 06:20.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

**sigh**

So many good ideas! This army is technicly themed around the Adeptus Sororitas, though i quickly changed Repentia for flagellants when i saw general board consensus (though i do dearly love the models, if they only didnt strike as power fists).

I think I may wrestle with the list a little longer as a mechanised army is clearly the way to go. i could the close combat unit all together, maybe picking up an exorcist in its place. Though then i would have three heavy supports.

As an alternative, how about:

Canoness:
    Blessed Weapon, Cloak of St. Aspiria, Storm Bolter

Bolters, 2x Storm Bolters. Vet. Superior (With Storm bolter)

Bolters, 2x Flamers, Rhino (with Extra armour + Smoke Launchers). Vet. Superior (With Brazier of fire)

Seraphim [5]:
    Bolt Pistols, 1x twin hand flamers. Vet. Superior with bolt pistol and CC weapon and Purity Seals.

Seraphim [5]:
    Bolt Pistols, 2x twin inferno pistols, Melta Bombs. Vet. Superior with bolt pistol and CC Weapon and Purity Seals.

Exorcist

Exorcist

This comes in at 1011pts

So now we have one squad footslogging armed with many storm bolters, the flamer squad is in a rhino to get into range quickly. The two seraphim squads, one anti tank the other to harrass troops canfly over the battlefield very quickly. The exorcists provide my long range heavy firepower. Aiming first for any tanks or monstrous creatures then eventually, when they are smoking holes in the floor, moving on to troops.

Or should i just stop pushing it and go with something a little more troops based?

(Oh and just a thought about Repentia. Does anyone find it odd that the troops of the squad strike as power fists, but the squad leader has weapons that increase her initiative?)
    Last edited by bumble; December 28th, 2005 at 10:48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

124 (x4)

Hmmm the list above seems fine. Only thing i see there is the flame psitols in the 5 sister seraphim squad. You'll struggle to pull off a divine guidance faith with those small numbers.

My Showcase
    New Eldar Tactica

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

You cant have a canoness w/ both a storm bolter and blessed weapon. Thats 2 2-handed weapons!
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is one part of the rules im actually not so clear on (as i dont own the rulebook at present, and just have to make do with reading it during games and what-not).

My view is that it's fine to have two two-handed weapons. as longer as you never try to use them at the same time. She simply shoots the storm bolter, drops it (on a weapon sling or some other such device) then draws her blessed weapon and charges into the fray.

I may however be completly wrong about this. I come from an RPG background so i'm not so hot with what the rules say, just how it works in my head

(Although it becomes a slightly redundant point as i have switched her back to a bolt pistol to try and conserve points)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

No it is illegal to have 2x2 handed weapons, you may have:

1x 1 handed
    or
    1x 2 handed
    or
    2x1 handed
    or
    1x1 handed and 1x2 handed

habving a cannoness for shooty purposes is a waste, may as well ditch the blessed weapon and take a palantine instead

Problem is you are trying to squeeze too much into your 1000 points (you are unlikely to play 1011 and cant realyl shave off hat many points

Consider:
    ditch either an exorcist or a serephim squad, use the points to give the cannoness a jump pack and littanie and replace the bolter with a pistol (bolt or inferno), give her frag grenades and you have a freelance menace, you may want to consider mantle at the same time to protec her from instakill

use the remaining points to give the remaining exorcist(s) extra armour and up the numbers in the serephim squad(s)
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread