1500 Deathwing - take on all - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x2)

1500 Deathwing - take on all

HQ:
    Epistolary Librarian 164
    Terminator armour
    Stubborn
    Storm bolter
    FotD
    FotA

Command squad:
    4 terminators 220
    2x assult cannon

Elite:
    Dreadnought 173
    Venerable
    Tank hunters
    tl lascnannons
    missilelauncher
    extra armor
    smoke launchers

Dreadnought 113
    Extra armor
    smoke launchers

Troops:
    5 terminators 265
    2x assult cannon

5 terminators 275
    2x cyclone launchers

Fast attack:
    5 terminators 290
    2x cyclone launchers
    tank hunters

Total:1500

comments welcome

"I have died a thousand deaths, and I will die a million more..."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue-Angel
    Epistolary Librarian 164
    Terminator armour
    Stubborn
    Storm bolter
    FotD
    FotA
    It's actually 170 pts

Command squad:
    4 terminators 220
    2x assult cannon
    Drop pod.

Elite:
    Dreadnought 173
    Venerable
    Tank hunters
    tl lascnannons
    missilelauncher
    extra armor
    smoke launchers
    Smokes aren't neccessary.

Dreadnought 113
    Extra armor
    smoke launchers
    I would drop this for needed points.

Troops:
    5 terminators 265
    2x assult cannon
    Drop pod.

5 terminators 275
    2x cyclone launchers
    Tank hunters.

Fast attack:
    5 terminators 290
    2x cyclone launchers
    tank hunters
    Good.

Now you're at 1465 pts. I would suggest furious charge for the Librarian's squad and Deathwind launchers on a drop pod.

Cheers!
    Ezekiel1990

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Id consider down grading your HQ to a 2 wound librarain, it will make fear of the darkness less expensive, that or take smite as the second power, because things that are fearless wound be hurt by either power. Peace
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A librarian,is probabley used for taking out montress creatures(are you going to see a montress creature in every game?-no),a Chaplian is one cheap,and built for assualt in the end he will probaley make his points worth.I would take a Chaplain with pair lighting claws,so when he charges reroll miss's and reroll wounds,even better have your command sqaud as a assualty with lighting claws and thunder hammers,so they charge they reroll miss's and wound's-pure nasty!Plus the good news is you can take three wound chaplian,with Terminator Armour which is 10 points,stubborn,and a pair of lighting claws which equals 145 pts.So compared to your Librarian I just saved you 20 points,I bet your chaplain with pair of LC will do more damage in the long run than your librarian.Its your choice,that's what Ill do though.

Also I would take a Land raider for firepower,mobility,and can soak up firepower than having firepower focused on your terminators.I took your list,and adjusted with this list,which you dont have to change at all but this is what ill change.

HQ:
    Chaplain-145 pts saved 20 pts
    Termiantor Amour
    Stubborn
    Pair of Lighting Claws

Command squad:
    Assualt Command sqaud
    3 lighting claws,1 thunder hammer
    furious charge -192 pts

saved 28 pts[/B]

note:you can deepstrike them or mount them in the Land Raider to get them across board.

Elite:
    Dreadnought 173
    Venerable
    Tank hunters
    tl lascnannons
    missilelauncher
    extra armor
    smoke launchers

Troops:
    ---------------
    4 Terminators -200 pts -extra points
    1 Assualt Cannon
    ---------------
    5 terminators 265
    2x assult cannon

5 terminators 275
    2x cyclone launchers

Fast attack:
    normal Land Raider 250
    saved you:40 pts

Total:1500

but this is your list,do what you want but that's what Ill do.
    Last edited by Grim_Reaper46; December 29th, 2005 at 07:04.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel1990
    I would suggest furious charge for the Librarian's squad
    For what? It's not like they get to charge when they DS... I'd rather use the points for the second power and the dread. I'll consider it if I have the points left...

and Deathwind launchers on a drop pod.
    Since when does a Deathwing army use deep-strikers? I need to shoot something with every unit every turn in order to win my points back. Deep-strike is a turn lost, and I'd rather use the points for the pods and deathwind on my dreads...

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel1990
    Fast attack:
    normal Land Raider 250
    1: Land raider is heavy, not fast.
    2: NEVER use land raiders in under 2000 points. ESPECIALLY in deathwing. you want to get as many bodies on the table as you can, with one or two dreads for the really heavy stuff. my men cost 45 points each, so in this army, whe way it is, I have 22 models. that's few enough. getting even less by taking a raider is almost suicide, as it'll become the biggest fire magnet on the field (thus killed in turn 1 or 2). And if the assult squad is in it, you're in deep sh*t as it's half your army blown to bits.

And you didn't 'adjust' the list, you just made a diffrent list. You made it assult oriented, with is a VERY bad idea with deathwing. You'll want to shoot as much as you can before even entering close combat, because you'll always end up being outnumbered. That's why you should never use either assult terminators or a land raider in under 2000 points (as the assult termies need the landraider, otherwise they'll be useless). That whole makes it a major priority target...

Id consider down grading your HQ to a 2 wound librarain, it will make fear of the darkness less expensive, that or take smite as the second power, because things that are fearless wound be hurt by either power. Peace
    That's why I have FotA with it. It can wreak serious havoc on multiple uits, and non-fearless ones also get a pinning test.
    Last edited by Rogue-Angel; December 29th, 2005 at 14:35.
    "I have died a thousand deaths, and I will die a million more..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue-Angel
    For what? It's not like they get to charge when they DS... I'd rather use the points for the second power and the dread. I'll consider it if I have the points left...
    So the Librarian can charge into T8 units like a wraithlord and kill it before it kills the librarian and termies.

Since when does a Deathwing army use deep-strikers? I need to shoot something with every unit every turn in order to win my points back. Deep-strike is a turn lost, and I'd rather use the points for the pods and deathwind on my dreads...
    You made me chuckle there. I was the one who told you that Deathwing are, indeed, more useful on the ground (or made it more known on LO, whti Byrnn's help). However, if you have assault cannons, which aren't likely to hit anything be turn 3 anyway, you might as well deep strike them, getting them closer to the enemy and utilize the drop pod's cover.

2: NEVER use land raiders in under 2000 points. ESPECIALLY in deathwing. you want to get as many bodies on the table as you can, with one or two dreads for the really heavy stuff. my men cost 45 points each, so in this army, whe way it is, I have 22 models. that's few enough. getting even less by taking a raider is almost suicide, as it'll become the biggest fire magnet on the field (thus killed in turn 1 or 2). And if the assult squad is in it, you're in deep sh*t as it's half your army blown to bits.
    Words of wisdom.

And you didn't 'adjust' the list, you just made a diffrent list. You made it assult oriented, with is a VERY bad idea with deathwing. You'll want to shoot as much as you can before even entering close combat, because you'll always end up being outnumbered. That's why you should never use either assult terminators or a land raider in under 2000 points (as the assult termies need the landraider, otherwise they'll be useless). That whole makes it a major priority target...
    Assault isn't that bad with deathwing, it's just that you don't want any units built for assault that don't shoot every turn (cyclone squads should shoot for 4 turns while moving up, then assault).

That's why I have FotA with it. It can wreak serious havoc on multiple uits, and non-fearless ones also get a pinning test.
    Just hope you don't go against Deathguard.

Cheers!
    Ezekiel1990

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

Id pod my librarain in, simply because 3 of some odd 9 races armies are absoluatly wrecked by such a move, those being, IG, Tau, and eldar.

IG: Pod in 1" from the command section, open up all firepower on them, there is a good chance they wont survive, especially if you end up behind watever cover they are using, and take unsaveable shots at them, then pop of fear of the darkness, and watch all the squad carefully placed withen 12" of the commander, now be 12"s if your librarain, and chuckle to your self, since all the squads with 2AP weapons are gone, and tanks have 3 AP ordance, so there are no longer a threat, so its smiply a matter of time before you win.

Eldar, simply drop whereever mass infantry is, and send them running.

Tau, Same as above.

This also works very well against space marines, shooty style, without a master/captain, unless of course, they are dark angles

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok with deathwing,Land Raiders are not suicide first off,with other army's yes but deathwing hell no.In your list you lack mobility period,if there was a mission you had to get to point A to point B,you can't do it,or have to get to objective sorry to say your screwed on that part.Even if you get many termiantors on the table,you still dont have capablity to win the missions that evolves getting somewhere.

Against shooty army's,they would love to face you they dont have to worry about you getting into assualt,because you have nothing to get them there.Also you dont have anything soak up enemy power,and two the only thing they can shoot at is your terminators which where most of your points is.On top of that if you have a Land Raider rolling into their face with a Assualty command sqaud.That would put alot of fear into your opponent.You can move 12" and still get out and assualt,if it soaks up alot of firepower and still see's daylight,then the tank made its points worth.

Like for example ravenwing,their totally opposite of your army- dw is slow,rw fast,dw assualty/shooty and,rw very very shooty but very weak in Assualt.The game I played against Deathwing vs with my Ravenwing if my opponent didnt have a land raider to soak up firepower,his terminators would been off the table in like turn 1-2(He actually took two of them before I can shoot his terminators).Well with 28 Assualt cannons shots,plus twin-linked cuz of MoRW on board,42 shots of heavy bolters per turn I mean no offence ouch,but this was a 2000 point game.Not saying Deathwing can't beat Ravenwing,the point is a deathwing army needs at least one land raider in a 1500-2000 pt list,to at least get somewhere and soak up firepower.

here's a very good quote from the Imperial Guard codex

"In any Army, balance is the key to success. A commander who puts his faith in heavy weaponry alone will be outmanoeuvred. A commander who relies on close combat without support will lose his force to enemy fire. Each element must work in harmony, so that the effectiveness of the army is greater than the sum of its parts."

~The Tactica Imperium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

Thankfully, we dark angles where blessed greatest stratagest primarch in the imperium, and he blessed all his followers for just such a nack. Deathwing are all in one;

Fire power: assault cannons, missile launchers, Storm bolters.

Assault: Powerfists and powerswords.

Mobility: Deep strike and drop pods

Deathwing fit the very aspect of of the tactical imperium, simply with the basic models, what they lack is just that. Therefor, the challenge is to field as many terminators as you can. A land raiders is a diffinate loss in 1500. Id stay away from it untill at least 2500 with deathwing. Id even question the use of that librarain, and dreadnought, but i love your dread model to much to tell you to keep it off the table =/ Peace

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Reaper46
    The game I played against Deathwing vs with my Ravenwing if my opponent didnt have a land raider to soak up firepower,his terminators would been off the table in like turn 1-2(He actually took two of them before I can shoot his terminators).
    If a DW list takes a LR agaisnt RW, they're pretty much screwed.

1) Bikers turboboost right up to the doors of the LR, keeping 1" away.
    2) Land Speeders hit the LR with as many Rending shots as neccessary.
    3) If at least a penetrating hit is caused, passengers are forced to disembark and are automatically killed.
    4) This is VERY easy to do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast