Ultra Marine Army list 1000pts Friendly Play - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultra Marine Army list 1000pts Friendly Play

First off, I want to say it's nice to see a forum that has sensible people. The last forume I was on was overrun by drug users who instead of staying on topic would immediately begine telling people who posted an army that "their army sucked, mine is unbeatable" then proceed to post ridiculous (and often illegal ) lists.

This army is a work in progress, I would love it if you could give some feedback on it.
    The goal for this particular army I am working on is to have a decent assault force with some nice ranged support.

The criteria for this army is:
    2 Troop 1 HQ standard minimum
    max of 1 HQ

1000pts or less.

HQ
    Chaplain Master of Sanctity, JumpPack, Terminator Honours 135

ELITES
    Dreadnought Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod 145

TROOPS
    Tactical Squad 5 units, Heavy Bolter 80
    Tactical Squad 6 units, Heavy Bolter 95

FAST ATTACK
    Assault Squad 10 units, Terminator Honours, Power Weapon 245

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Devastator Squad 5 units, 4 Missile Launchers 155

TOTAL POINTS 1000

As of right now I am placing the dreadnoughts in drop pods, I want a way for them to be able to get into close combat sooner so the assault sqaud/chaplain aren't left by themselves. If they aren't in drop pods, the only move 6" while the rest of the assaulting for is moving 12". They quickly become seperated and my assault force gets chopped to bits. Another alternative i was discussing was taking the dreads out of drop pods, making then venerable and just advacing the assault force slower and keeping it in decent cover. If I did this it would give me an additional 20pts to spend(venerable only casts 20, pods cost 30) so I'd just bump that 5 man squad up to 6.

Irregardless of which route I decide, while the assault force(the grouping of the chap, assault squad and dreads will be reffered to as the assault force from here on) is making its way to the enemy, the rest of my units (shooty part) will be setting up to help pick off the enemy force while it is engaged with the assault force.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Chaplain Master of Sanctity, JumpPack, Terminator Honours 135
    In 1000, id probably take this dude with only 2 wounds, second, id give him a bolt pistol and frag grenades :ninja:

Well, these are pretty expensive for 1000 points, maybe just one, also, all tanks besides landraider, need extra armour. (except any tank with power of the machine spirt.)

Tactical Squad 5 units, Heavy Bolter 80
    Tactical Squad 6 units, Heavy Bolter 95
    Heavy bolters arent very good in tactical squad, i suggest you lose lascannons something like this: 1 lascannons, 1 plasma gun, 4 bolters. 2 squads of these dudes is pretty scary.

Assault Squad 10 units, Terminator Honours, Power Weapon 245
    Give 2 members plasma pistols, upgrade the powersword to powerfist.

Devastator Squad 5 units, 4 Missile Launchers 155
    These squad desperatly needs to be 8 man.

Remove the one of the dreads at the top, make the changes, and see if you can afford to take a landspeeder toranado, with all that, youll have a great list, with a force to be reconned with.

Trust me, one dreadnought dropping is enough to scare the pants off your opponent, especially knowing that right behind that dreadnought is the dreaded assault squad led by chaplain combo that has become so renound. Also, that added shooty power will keep you out of CC with lots of things you dont want to be in CC with, like a wraithlord, properly equiped that dev squad can take him down easy. Peace
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you VERY much for your comments, they are most helpful

So I am going to tweak the list a bit. I do have one question, why take the chap as a Reclusiarch over a Master of Sanctity? Just to save points?

So here's the list tweaked:

HQ
    Chaplain Master of Sanctity, JumpPack, Terminator Honous, Bolt Pistol 136pts

ELITES
    Dreadnought Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod, Extra Armour, Venerable 170pts

TROOPS
    Tactical Squad 6 units, Plasma Gun, Lasc Cannon 115pts
    Tactical Squad 6 units, Plasma Gun, Lasc Cannon 115pts

FAST ATTACK
    Assault Squad 10 units, Terminator Honours, Power Fist, 2 plasma pistols 260pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Devastator Squad 8 units, 4 Missile Launchers 200pts

TOTAL POINTS 996pts

Xuy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar makes some good comments but I have a couple of things to add.
    First, the dreadnought does not need a heavy flamer, it really doesn't do much with its pathetic range. I would drop it to save points. Otherwise its good.
    The reasoning behind having a reclusiarch rather than a MoS is that when joined with the assualt squad, it doesn't need the extra Ld point due to them being fearless and two wounds would suffice since its in such a big squad. I personally like the MoS for its extra durablility but there you go its your choice.

If you can I would add another marine to each tactical squad to boost their numbers but six would do if you can't find the points.
    A billion chinese can't be wrong - eat rice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

for future reverance, venerable on that style dread is over kill, its not going to be shot at like the other shooty style, best to save the points on something else, but you dont have enough points go do anything interesting without taking some traits.

The heavy flamer is pretty fun however, and it can be devistating to well, annoying sqauds like devistators, or anyting with a 4+ save. With the drop pod, i think its a decent choice.

But heres the huge one, Give YouR ChAplAIn Frag Grenades!

Every HQ not in termintor armour should have them.

Everything else is solid, nice list.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoops! Completely forgot about the grenades!! Thanks for the reminder and with that one extra point... I am at 997 total

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

drop hvy flamer and venerable and take the trait to give ur assault squad furious charge
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

Yea, that would make you better, but if you want ultra marines, you cant do it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!

+ Reply to Thread