[1100] Space Marine Army - Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1100] Space Marine Army - Tournament

This is for a local hobby store. I've never played 40k, but I have some models. Any constuctive crit, or comment would be great.

HQ

Captain - 309 (Bolter, Powerweapon, Artificer Armor, Auspex, Bionics, Frag Grenades, Jump Packs, Krak Grenades, Purity Seals, Terminator Honors, )
    Command Squad - 157 | 4 Space Marines (4 Bolters, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades)
    Apothecary (Bolter, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades)
    Sergeant (Bolter, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades)
    Logic: The Captain is the main unit in my army, therefore i have to give him better items so he won't die. The only reason I only have an Apothecary in the command squad is because it is the only command squad model I have.

Elite

Veteran Squad - 335 | 4 Space Marines (4 Bolt Pistols, 2 Close Combat Weapons, Power Fist, Power Weapon, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades)
    Sergeant (Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades, Artificer Armor)
    Rhino (Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter, Power of the Machine Spirit)
    Logic: The Veteran Squad is armed with varying melee weapons for different bonuses and drawbacks in combat. The only reason the rhino is there is to be a meat (metal?) shield to protect the veterans, and to get them to the action.

Troop

Tactical Squad - 101 | 4 Space Marines (Heavy Bolter, Flamer, 2 Bolters, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades)
    Segeant (Bolter, Frag Grenade, Krak Grenade)
    Tactical Squad - 91 | 4 Space Marines (Missle Launcher, Flamer, 2 Bolters)
    Sergeant (Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon)
    Scout Squad - 90 | 4 Space Marine Scouts (2 Shotguns, 2 Sniper Rifles, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades)
    Sergeant (Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades)
    Logic: Tactical Squad A is part of my anti-infantry. The plan is to get into cover and lay down a sheet of hot lead with the Heavy bolter, using the flamer to break off attackers and bolters to lay down more fire. Tactical Squad B is the anti-vehicle Squad. Using the same tactics as Squad A, except using the missle launcher to take out Vehicles. The Scout Squad uses infiltrate to get in good position with the snipers for anti-infantry tactics.

Heavy Support

Predator Annihilator - 174 (Twin-Linked Lascannon, 2 Heavy Bolters, Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter, Power of the Machine Spirit, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers)

Logic: The Predator is just a multirole behemoth, using its Lascannons for vehicles, and Heavy Bolters for infantry

---

This in one of my own chapters, using the Advantage Trust Your Battle-Brothers, and the disadvantage Have Faith in Suspicion.

I was thinking of buying some very shooty termies and replacing the veterans.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since your new 3/4 of your army is illigal,by looking at it aint bad for starters you know your actually planning on what your list will be doing,well here is the following.

Captain - 309 (Bolter, Powerweapon, Artificer Armor, Auspex, Bionics, Frag Grenades, Jump Packs, Krak Grenades, Purity Seals, Terminator Honors, )

309 points holy sh!t how the hell did you miss counted?,but sorry to say its around 145 points.Second,you do realize that giving him jumpacks and command sqaud you have to stay with your command sqaud.Therefore making the jump pack useless,and other thing why the hell are you giving him a bolter you do realize it is a two handed weapon.

Command Squad - 157 | 4 Space Marines (4 Bolters, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades)
    Apothecary (Bolter, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades)
    Sergeant (Bolter, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades)
    get rid of this,just delete is and use the points in Assualt marines with jump packs in Fast Attack,so your captain wont be useless with his jumpack.

Veteran Squad - 335 | 4 Space Marines (4 Bolt Pistols, 2 Close Combat Weapons, Power Fist, Power Weapon, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades)
    Sergeant (Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades, Artificer Armor)
    Rhino (Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter, Power of the Machine Spirit)
    Logic: The Veteran Squad is armed with varying melee weapons for different bonuses and drawbacks in combat. The only reason the rhino is there is to be a meat (metal?) shield to protect the veterans, and to get them to the action.
    I wouldent suggest this at all,plus this is illigal,you need at least 5.The only time you use rhinos as meat shileds is making them blocking enemy line of sight while your whole army advances without getting touched.I would drop this too,if you want assualt that bad get assualt marines with jump packs,or take a dreadnought.

Tactical Squad - 101 | 4 Space Marines (Heavy Bolter, Flamer, 2 Bolters, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades)
    Segeant (Bolter, Frag Grenade, Krak Grenade)
    This is illigal,if you read #/sqaud it states "Sergeant and 4 to 9 Space Marines" so you will have 5 marines.Second take at least six-8 marines at tops,dont take flamer,frag,and krack their not going to be assualting.Give them like a plasma gun,and heavy bolter that's a good combo of taking down well armoured troops(termies) and taking down weak armoured troops like gaunts.

Tactical Squad - 91 | 4 Space Marines (Missle Launcher, Flamer, 2 Bolters)
    Sergeant (Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon)
    same as above,this sqaud is illigal also,flamer is going to be useless,you combing a 8" range weapon with 48" big difference

Scout Squad - 90 | 4 Space Marine Scouts (2 Shotguns, 2 Sniper Rifles, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades)
    Sergeant (Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades)
    This is illigal aslo,needs at least 5 Scouts,if you want to make this scout sqaud devasting you either make them shooty or very assualty dont combine both you waste points that way.For shooty you take 6-8 scouts,all snipers except one and that one will be heavy bolter or missle your choice,assualty just dont pay any weapons give them all cc infiltrate tie up their lines as a pawn.But my advice do shooty,they can make their points worth really well.

Predator Annihilator - 174 (Twin-Linked Lascannon, 2 Heavy Bolters, Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter, Power of the Machine Spirit, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers)

Logic: The Predator is just a multirole behemoth, using its Lascannons for vehicles, and Heavy Bolters for infantry
    Get rid of the upgrades,onced its poped its poped dont invest too much points in it.Just give heavy bolter sponsors,and TL lascannons with smoke L.,and maybe extra armour if you can fit the points.This is called a balanced predator,downside about this is if you shoot at infantry you kinda make the lascannon useless,if you shoot at tanks you just make heavy bolters 100% useless,good side this can be taken on the go and shoot whatever needs to get rid of.

Tank killer preds,are you know tank killer preds but they have sit still to shoot all heavy w.,or more 6" and fire one.So every combo makes that pred have advantage and disadvantage it just depends on your taste or list which ever suits you the best.

for any army,balance is the key to success.
    Last edited by Grim_Reaper46; January 10th, 2006 at 03:12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, all those ilegal entrys are actually 4marines + seargent = 5 marines total

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well then he should of stated 5 marines than 4.If you notice it just says sergent with upgrades,which could be part of the 4 marines,the sergent is a marine you know.But can go both ways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o well, and the captain's points included comamnd squad

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I didn't have any trouble understanding your list. :/ Anyway It isn't bad for your first try. Just remember to keep your head down with only 5 man squads. Also try not to mix assualt and heavy weapons to much. A flamer in a squad with a missile launcher isn't going to see much action. I would tend to leave out the command squad until 1500 points. If it is more of a question of which models you have instead though it is understandable and will proalby do alright.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, im adding a lascannon and 2 plasma guns...i have to order them..33 bucks total. my local hobby shop doesnt carry them

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

You need some help here, i suggest you play at least 5 practice games before you to the tourney, players will be really annoyed if you dont know the rules. Also, dont give any thing krak grenades...
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would but the only people that play are the ones that go to the tourney
    but i know the rules and the people there dont mind a noob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont go to a tourney,not only you have know the rules,but the opponents army's rules also,missions and there will be people there that will cheat you big time to just win cuz that's all they care about.I knew some eldar,orks,chaos try to cheat me before,I just ignored their cheating and just showed them the rules and kept the game going than calling the opponent a cheater.

But forge is right,practice some games at least.For a year straight when I started playing I never got to win,I always got my a$$ kicked and also half the time the players I played with cheated me when I was total noob,that got me actually studying their rules.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast