[2000] Doctrines (need help choosing) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Pittsburgh, PA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

5 (x1)

[2000] Doctrines (need help choosing)

Weel, I've assembled an 1850 point army, and I need your guys help on deciding what tank I should get next. I play against mostly MEQs, some Tau, some Eldar and another IG player or two. My list is as follows, then I will post my ideas for whst to get next.

Doctrines: Drop Troops, Close Order Drill. Sharp Shooters, Allow Ratlings, Veterans
    (Any unit that can have COD orDTs does; I'm not going to type it out.)

Command Platoon: 572
    HSO - BP, PW, Mach Cross, Ref Field
    2MG, PG, Medic
    Commissar - BP, PW, Ref Field

3x HBs w/ SS
    3x ACs w/ SS
    3x MLs w/ SS
    3x LCs w/ SS

Veterans 1: 138
    3Flamers, 3Shotguns, 3LP+CCW
    Sarge - LP, CCW, Honorifica

Veterans 2: 103
    3GLs, 6LGs
    Sarge - LP, CCW, Surveyor

Ratlings: 110
    10 Ratlings

Armored Fist: 191
    VSarge - PP, CCW
    Chimera - Turret AC, HHB, Pintle HS, Smoke

Platoon: 348

Command Sqaud
    JO - PP, CCW

Squad 1
    VSarge - PP, CCW

Squad 2
    VSarge - PP, CCW

Squad 3
    VSarge - PP, CCW

Basilisk: 145
    Indirect, Improved Comms

Leman Russ: 182
    HLC, HBS, Rough Mod, Pintle HS

Total: 1850

What I was thinking of purchasing next was divided between 3 choices: another Basilisk, a Hellhound, or a Demolisher. The first two because they are fun to use, the third because I get to face alot of deepstriking Termies, and I believe the 2AP will help alot. Well, any thoughts?

"Through most of the war we fought as nobles might. Never betraying, never decietful. But there came a point where tripping the soldier next to you might mean another day of life..."

2. Remove Advertisements

Riverside, CA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

7 (x1)

I would go with the demolisher personally. Another Basilisk would work well however it would leave your Leman Russ as the only target of your enemies heavy weapons. Having a demolisher and a standard russ would give them two targets to worry about and split their fire between. Another suggestion I have deals with your command platoon. If I were you, I would put the 3 lascannons from your command platoon into your troop squads so you can give them a little more protection. Plus, you dont have any heavy weapons in your troop squads so you have the room for them.

+ Reply to Thread