1500 friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 friendly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x5)

1500 friendly

Hey witch hunters. I need some help with my list, just a critique in case I've missed something or made a really silly choice.

It's for friendly and club play, and I'm keeping the inquisitor so please no comments to the effect of "get rid of the =I= they suck." Any other comments would be much appreciated!

HQ
    Canoness
    blessed weapon, jump pack, litanies of faith, bolt pistol, cloak of st. aspira, frags, book of st. lucius

ELITES
    Inquisitor
    strom bolter, auspex, excruciators
    2 heavy bolter servitors, 1 plasma cannon servitor, 2 sages, chirurgeon

Eversor Assassin

TROOPS
    12 battle sisters
    with 2 storm bolters, vet superior with book of st. lucius

12 battle sisters with 2 storm bolters, vet superior with book of st. lucius

IG Infantry platoon:
    Command:
    junior officer with power weapon, bolt pistol, heavy bolter, 2 storm bolters
    infantry squad with lascannon + plasma gun

FAST ATTACK
    8 seraphim 1x inferno pistol combo, 1x flamer combo, vet with eviscerator

HEAVY SUPPORT
    exorcist
    holy icon, smoke launchers, extra armour
    exorcist smoke launchers, extra armour, searchlight

Does it look OK? I don't want it to be boring but I also want to be competitive. I play Orks mainly so I want to win sometimes!

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

not bad, but against orks I would like a retributor squad W heavy bolters in the mix, also I would take both special options in the serephim as flamers
    I would ditch all those books of St Lucious, Personnaly I would ditch the inq but you can ignore that but do ditch the assasin, take the HQ out the inf platoon and just use the inquisition Storm troopers from the codex, that should give you a retributor squad and possibly an imolator
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

208 (x5)

Oh I meant my usual army is Orks, not that I play against Orks. Sorry, bad phrasing on my part! I play a variety of opponents at my club.

Thanks for the comments I wanted the infantry platoon so I could get some lascannons and more heavy bolters, which the =I= stormies can't get.

I thought everyone loved books of st. lucius? Should I get rid of the ones on the squad leaders and keep the cannoness one then?

I have the assassin coz I have the model and I thought some emergency cc power would be cool, but maybe I should get rid of him. I just thought since I have the =I= I might as well take advantage of the ability to get an assassin and eversor is cheap and useful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

208 (x5)

OK how about this one. Got rid of eversor and put in some zealots because I've always wanted to. Looking pretty mean I reckon.

HQ
    Canoness blessed weapon, jump pack, litanies of faith, bolt pistol, cloak of st. aspira, frags, book of st. lucius

ELITES
    Inquisitor storm bolter, auspex, excruciators

TROOPS

IG Infantry platoon:
    Command:
    junior officer with power weapon, bolt pistol, heavy bolter, 2 bolters
    infantry squad with autocannon + plasma gun

16 zealots with 2 flamers, 2 fanatics with eviscerators, demagogue with power weapon and bolt pistol

FAST ATTACK
    8 seraphim
    1x inferno pistol combo, 1x flamer combo, vet with eviscerator

HEAVY SUPPORT
    exorcist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by robotnik
    OK how about this one. Got rid of eversor and put in some zealots because I've always wanted to. Looking pretty mean I reckon.

HQ
    Canoness blessed weapon, jump pack, litanies of faith, bolt pistol, cloak of st. aspira, frags, book of st. lucius
    Still dubious about the book here, who is going to be within 6 inches of her?

ELITES
    Inquisitor storm bolter, auspex, excruciators
    again your choice but I dont like

TROOPS

stil lweith the bookes? lost ehm an try and get some imagifiers in here, as teh squad has to walk accross the battle field it is likely to take casualties before ti gets within bolter range, imagifier would give a damaged squad better chance with faith

IG Infantry platoon:
    Command:
    junior officer with power weapon, bolt pistol, heavy bolter, 2 bolters
    infantry squad with autocannon + plasma gun
    OK you have explained why you wanted it, personnaly I would ditch boith this and the inqusitor and fill up your HS slots for sisters (2 exorcists and tretributor squad, but as long as you want to run with this.. your LT is not gonna do much, IG oficers are pap in combat, better to give him another bolter, you will also have to be carefuill about moral with these puppies

16 zealots with 2 flamers, 2 fanatics with eviscerators, demagogue with power weapon and bolt pistol
    Are you using codex WH or the old sisters rules? The dem aint gonna do much, why waste the points on giving him wargear? foot sloggers find it very difficult to get within flamer range

FAST ATTACK
    8 seraphim
    1x inferno pistol combo, 1x flamer combo, vet with eviscerator
    OK, personnaly I prefer 2 flamers but you are covering off anti tank options here, which is not uncommon
    HEAVY SUPPORT
    exorcist
    ditch the icon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

208 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine
    Still dubious about the book here, who is going to be within 6 inches of her?
    I was going to keep her with my main battle line as a surprise counter charge unit, so she'll ahve to be withing 6" of someone to avoid being targeted by shooting. It's only 5 points and gives Ld10 so I thought it seemed worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine
    stil lweith the bookes? lost ehm an try and get some imagifiers in here, as teh squad has to walk accross the battle field it is likely to take casualties before ti gets within bolter range, imagifier would give a damaged squad better chance with faith
    Heh heh I meant to delete them but I cut and paste and forgot :wacko:

Anyway here's my latest. I like it. I've taken some of your excellent advice and it seems much better now while still keeping the feel I wanted.

HQ
    Canoness
    blessed weapon, jump pack, litanies of faith, bolt pistol, cloak of st. aspira, frags, book of st. lucius

ELITES
    Inquisitor
    storm bolter, auspex, excruciators
    2 vets with plasma guns, 1 plasma cannon servitor, 2 sages, pentitent

TROOPS
    12 battle sisters with 2 storm bolters, veteran

10 battle sisters with 2 storm bolters, veteran

IG Armoured Fist squad with lascannon, plasma gun, chimera with extra armour, smoke launchers, multi-laser + hull heavy bolter

15 zealots with 2 flamers, 2 fanatics with eviscerators, demagogue

FAST ATTACK
    7 seraphim 2x flamer combo, vet with eviscerator

HEAVY SUPPORT
    exorcist smoke launchers, extra armour

6 Retributors with 4 heavy bolters, veteran with auspex

I count 7 faith points?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

Jeez, I was having a bad typing day!

Quote Originally Posted by robotnik
    I was going to keep her with my main battle line as a surprise counter charge unit, so she'll ahve to be withing 6" of someone to avoid being targeted by shooting. It's only 5 points and gives Ld10 so I thought it seemed worth it.
    then why not save the points on that and the jump pack andhave her join one of the squads?

HQ
    Canoness
    as above, I would ditch most of this and have her with the squad its self, BTW she needs frag grenades

ELITES
    Inquisitor
    storm bolter, auspex, excruciators
    2 vets with plasma guns, 1 plasma cannon servitor, 2 sages, pentitent
    penitant? prefer the churgeon option

TROOPS
    12 battle sisters with 2 storm bolters, veteran

10 battle sisters with 2 storm bolters, veteran
    imagifiers would be still be usefull here, you can probably pay for tham by taking the changes to the cannoness

IG Armoured Fist squad with lascannon, plasma gun, chimera with extra armour, smoke launchers, multi-laser + hull heavy bolter

15 zealots with 2 flamers, 2 fanatics with eviscerators, demagogue
    fair enough

FAST ATTACK
    7 seraphim 2x flamer combo, vet with eviscerator
    try and take squads in even numbers, it means you get better break points/ability to take/jhold objectives

HEAVY SUPPORT
    exorcist smoke launchers, extra armour

6 Retributors with 4 heavy bolters, veteran with auspex

I count 7 faith points?
    Solid,

+ Reply to Thread