Ravenwing 2k(RTT) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ravenwing 2k(RTT)

Well very shortly a RTT is coming up,a former paint judge told me that its not really how well you paint,its more not being cheesy army,mixing different weapons,making your hq stick out etc..well I took out my chaplain,by doing so I have alot more fire power which I need,and still alot of troops which is good.Found the new rules by GW fourms,but its good enough to show at RTT-
    http://us.games- workshop.com/community/forums/40Kforum.htm

My Master is pethidic,but he gets 6 attacks on charge.I hate putting a plasma gun on a biker,but what the hell sometimes it aint usefull and sometimes facing termies I wish I had it.

HQ-6%

Master of the Ravenwing on Bike-Power W.,combat shield,bolt pistol-121 pts

Troops-53%

4 bikes 1x Flamer,sgt (Terminator H.,Power W.,bolt pistol)-191 pts

4 bikes 1x Plasma Gun sgt (Terminator H.,Power W.,bolt pistol)-191 pts

4 Bikes 1x Melta Gun sgt (Terminator H.,Power F.,bolt pistol)-200 pts

4 Bikes 2x Melta Gun Sgt (Termiantor H.,Power F.,bolt pistol)-210 pts

4 Bikes 2x Melta Gun Sgt (Termiantor H.,Power F.,bolt pistol,Auspex),1x Attack Bike-267 pts

Fast Attack-20%

2 Land Speeders-1x Assault cannon each,and 1x HB each- 160 pts

2 Land Speeders-1x Assualt cannon each,and 1x HB each -160 pts

1 Land speeders-1x Assualt cannon and 1x HB -80 pts

Heavy Support-21%

2x Attack Bike-Melti-melta-140 pts

2x Attack Bike - 110 pts

3x Attack Bike - 165 pts

So for fire power I have around 33 shots on heavy bolters,20 shots of Assualt cannons 7 Melta weapons,come on dont tell me that's not enough fire power.Im going to bed,please judge later.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

List look sdecent, but 2 points.

1) your master has 5 attacks on the charge without terminator honours, not 6.

2) Bike squads are small as it is. Because of this I find it to be imperative to max the squad size. I prefer all 5 bikers plus an attack bike for each squad. This keeps you from becoming a non scoring unit for as long as possible and also keeps you from making moral tests. I understand you have a master, but its better to take as few tests as possible.

One of the benefits of Ravenwing is that every squad or squadron we have (aside from attack bikes as they should always be outfitted with similar weapons) can take on anythging the come up against. Its obvious with land speeders as they have assualt cannons for anything with an AV or high save and the extra heavy bolter to mow down hords with. The bike squads however are a little more tricky. Ive found the best combination to be 5 bikes, 2 melta guns and an attack bike with heavy bolter as well as a powerfisted sergeant. Between that and the fact that these squads can shoot and assault in the same turn allows each of them to put out enough high power shots/attacks or enough volume of fire to take on any oponent. I prefer to have my bikes outfitted this way as it lets me use any unit on the table to respond to any threat I see coming. When outfitting bike squads for single jobs, it does happen that you end up with the wrong weapon for what you are trying to do. Ravenwings main advantage is the fact that it can maneuver itself to take advantage of any mistakes, terrain or any other advantage. Equipping your bike squads as explained compounds this bonuus.

At the very least, id make one squad like this to attach the master too.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) your master has 5 attacks on the charge without terminator honours, not 6.
    Well I know your not use to the master on bike,I took the one out of the Dark Angels codex cuz its cheaper and the Terminator honors is already in his stats,so he is base 4+bolt pistol & power weapon +charge which is 6 attacks.

2) Bike squads are small as it is. Because of this I find it to be imperative to max the squad size. I prefer all 5 bikers plus an attack bike for each squad. This keeps you from becoming a non scoring unit for as long as possible and also keeps you from making moral tests. I understand you have a master, but its better to take as few tests as possible.

One of the benefits of Ravenwing is that every squad or squadron we have (aside from attack bikes as they should always be outfitted with similar weapons) can take on anythging the come up against. Its obvious with land speeders as they have assualt cannons for anything with an AV or high save and the extra heavy bolter to mow down hords with. The bike squads however are a little more tricky. Ive found the best combination to be 5 bikes, 2 melta guns and an attack bike with heavy bolter as well as a powerfisted sergeant. Between that and the fact that these squads can shoot and assault in the same turn allows each of them to put out enough high power shots/attacks or enough volume of fire to take on any oponent. I prefer to have my bikes outfitted this way as it lets me use any unit on the table to respond to any threat I see coming. When outfitting bike squads for single jobs, it does happen that you end up with the wrong weapon for what you are trying to do. Ravenwings main advantage is the fact that it can maneuver itself to take advantage of any mistakes, terrain or any other advantage. Equipping your bike squads as explained compounds this bonuus.

At the very least, id make one squad like this to attach the master too.
    Yah,I agree adding 5 bikes+Attack Bike does make a better sqaud for ravenwing plus thats a other thing the former paint judge guy told me is maxing out squads.The reason I have 5 sqauds instead of 4 is because gives me more options to do with in the game.

Another thing about adding a attack bike when I play that bothers me,like against IG or tau I need to turbo boost in their face you know,but the sqaud with a attack bike is like a meat shield for me.Plus if I keep the Attack bikes and Bikes seperate,the bikes can press the incoming attack,while the attack bikes/speeders mow them down to pieces.

Here is another list with 5 bikers,this 2nd list seems more better than the first but ill try out both.

HQ-7%
    Master of the Ravenwing on Bike-Power W.,Artificer Amour,combat shield,bolt pistol-141 pts

Troops-52%

5 bikes 1x Flamer,1x Plasma gun,vet sgt (Terminator H.,Power W.,bolt pistol)-238 pts

5 Bikes 1x Melta Gun,1x Plasma Gun ,vet sgt (Terminator H.,Power F.,bolt pistol)-247 pts

5 Bikes 2x Melta Gun ,vet Sgt (Termiantor H.,Power F.,bolt pistol),-251 pts

5 Bikes 2x Melta Gun ,vet Sgt (Termiantor H.,Power F.,bolt pistol,Auspex),Attack Bike-308 pts

Fast Attack-20%

2 Land Speeders-1x Assault cannon each,and 1x HB each- 160 pts

2 Land Speeders-1x Assualt cannon each,and 1x HB each -160 pts

1 Land speeders-1x Assualt cannon and 1x HB -80 pts

Heavy Support-21%

2x Attack Bike-Melti-melta-140 pts

2x Attack Bike - 110 pts

3x Attack Bike - 165 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

First of all, I would suggest a sword of secrets for the master on bike. He can have one, and I highly suggest it.

Secondly, I would go with either of the following bike squads

5 bikes, veteran sergeant w/ powerfist and BP, 2x meltagun, attack bike with multi-melta, 320 pts

I gave it a multi-melta because I figured that anything a heavy bolter was good at killing, the LSTs would be a lot more effecient at wiping it out (with 21 S5 AP 4 shots per turn), and the extra AP1 shot would aid in killing stuff that the bikes are excellent at attacking, like Space Marines (A chaplain-attached bike squad will kill aobut 9 SM in one turn).

3 bikes, 2 plasma guns

[i]I have recently found this squad to be very successful. Usually, I use it to hurt / tie up heavy weapons squads, like 5 man lascannon squads, or to finish off squads hurt by LSTs, or even to aid the above squad. It only costs 132 pts, and is basically 2 very mobile plasma guns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I have to take a Grand Master -110 points plus SoS which going to be around 150.I dont really think SoS is worth the points cuz its just strength 6.Then I have to take points out of heavy weapons.I dont really see him going to be in assualt that much except against tau or ig.

Well replacing the Melti-Melta with the Heavy bolter I will think about it,Im just trying to make my army more flexable on the battle field giving me alot of options to choose from.
    Last edited by Grim_Reaper46; January 13th, 2006 at 20:35.

+ Reply to Thread