[750] Conflict Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[750] Conflict Army List

ok so ive been trying to work out my army list for conflict, in April. I know its alittl while away, but it will give me time to get what i need. I sat down last nite and tried to work it out...but im stuck. Basicly...this is what i have.

[HQ]

Captian
    -BP
    -CCW

total- 62pts

[ELITES]

Dreadnought
    -AC
    -CCW+SB
    -Ex. Armour
    -Smoke Lanuchers

total- 113pts

[TROOPS]

Tac. Squad 1 (6)
    -Hvy. Bolter

total- 95pts

Tac. Squad 2 (6)
    -Hvy. Bolter

total- 95pts

Tac. Squad 3 (6)
    -Hvy. Bolter

total- 95pts

I know that doesnt total 750pts, but im stuck for other options...bikes? land speaders? rhinos?

Now i need to add more troops, need to add scouts, i was thinking of 2 5 man squads but i have no idea what to arm them with. I was thinking sniper rifles. Basicly its at DIY chapter, has no traits as yet, ill figure them out later, but I want an army so focused on shooting that it will hopefully not need to enter combat.

Any help you can give me would be great, and if i have to redo the list then so be it.

I am willing to buy almost anything, as i have up untill april to get it anyway.

Thanks heaps for any help you can give.

SB

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

I AM CAN HAS CHEESEBURGER bonjordo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

I'd go Land speeder tornadoes. add 3 (use a seperate fast attack choice for each) and that brings you up to 700 points exactly. only 50 left. You dont need to spend the points on the HQ.
    The min max hq suits the army style your playing PERFECTLY. you have 50 more points, so i'd take a plasma gun on each tactical squad. Now you have a super efficient squad.
    20 points left. give the dreadie an upgraded weapon. I suggest a ml arm. its not like this thing will ever get into combat, and having anti infantry walker is good.

SO, this would be the armylist i would take. if i had the mini's.

Captain 62 points
    CCW
    BP

Dreadnought 123 points
    Missle launcher
    assault cannon
    Smokes
    Extra armour

Tac squad 105 points
    Heavy bolter
    plasma gun
    4 bolters

Tac squad 105 points
    Heavy bolter
    plasma gun
    4 bolters

Tac squad 105 points
    Heavy bolter
    plasma gun
    4 bolters

LST 80 points

LST 80 points

LST 80 points

thats exactly 740 points.

That list is extremely good for the points cost. What conflict are you going to? The sydney one? im also going to that... If you do take that list i showed, i would hate to play it
    Last edited by bonjordo; January 17th, 2006 at 12:54.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

The LST tactic is good but is getting repetitive and people are getting fed up with it.

Anyway, I would add a whirlwind just to make 'nids and orks fear its gaze.

Give the captain a storm bolter and power weapon with a combat shield so he can stand a decent chance in CC.

I would make the tactical squads 10 strong and add plasma guns.

A sniper scout squad is good for pinning (never underestimate pinning).

Maybe add a cheap chaplin if you have the points spare.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your help guys.

The reason why i havnt spent heaps of points on my HQ Outsider, is cause baiscly hes there just cause i need one. I dont wanna even worry about anything CC orintated, cause basicly it is my soul desire to NOT get into it. I was reading on someone elses army that operated much in this way, and even though he would of stood no chance in CC, he totally oblivated the other force, due to extreme firepower. But the wirlwind suggestion is good. I mite make 2 lists and take both, just for abit of varation depending on the opponent.

bonjordo, excellent suggestion and thats what ill run with for my first list i think. And im going to the Brisbane conflict. Im still not sure weather to enter the tournament though. Im fairly new to the hobby, so i dont really wanna make a fool outta myslef if u know what i mean. But im defintly going for some of the bring and play tables they have setup. Overall, it will be my first conflict, and it looks like a great event, and i cant wait for it to get here :yes:

Thanks both for your suggestion, it is much appricated.
    SB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get heavy weapons. What if you come up against tanks?

+ Reply to Thread