750pt Order of the Herald Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750pt Order of the Herald Angels

hey everyone,
    here is my newest army list.
    Comments/Criticisms welcome please.

HQ:
    Cannoness- Vasha the Pious
    Blessed Weapon
    Inferno Pistol
    Jump pack
    Litanies of Faith
    pts - 130

Troops:

Battle Sister Squad - Angels of Righteous Fury - 10
    9 battle sister x2 flamers
    VSS with power weapon/ plasma pistol
    pts- 150

Battle Sister Squad - Angels of Holy Rage - 10
    9 battle sister
    -1 storm botler
    -1 heavy flamer
    pts- 155

Fast Attack:

Seraphim Squad - Angels of the Cleansing Flame -9
    8 seraphim 2x hand flamers
    VSS with bolt pistol/ power sword
    pts- 233

Heavy:

Immolator
    -Holy promethium
    -Xtra Armor
    -Smoke
    pts- 83

total pts - 751
    Faith - 5(+1 for LoF)
    Troops - 30 + a tank

whatcha think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatmoonzini
    hey everyone,
    here is my newest army list.
    Comments/Criticisms welcome please.

HQ:
    Cannoness- Vasha the Pious
    Blessed Weapon
    Inferno Pistol
    Jump pack
    Litanies of Faith
    pts - 130
    presumably she flies around on her own, either way she desperately needs frag grenades, but also consider the cloak of St A
    Troops:

Battle Sister Squad - Angels of Righteous Fury - 10
    9 battle sister x2 flamers
    pts- 150
    See the problem with this squad isthey are foot slogging, and so are unlikely to envcounterr much that gets within truely effective flamer range, for a foot sloggin squad I would take storm bolters or nothing as special weapons, in this case I would look to ditch both flamers and try and raise the points to get an imagifier

Battle Sister Squad - Angels of Holy Rage - 10
    9 battle sister
    -1 storm botler
    -1 heavy flamer
    pts- 155
    as above

Fast Attack:

Seraphim Squad - Angels of the Cleansing Flame -9
    8 seraphim 2x hand flamers
    VSS with bolt pistol/ power sword
    pts- 233
    OK

Heavy:

Immolator
    -Holy promethium
    -Xtra Armor
    -Smoke
    pts- 83

total pts - 751
    Faith - 5(+1 for LoF)
    Troops - 30 + a tank

whatcha think?
    you have absolutley no anti tank, certain armies will give you real problems. to be honest I think you are going to have to lose either the immolator or the serephim and use the ponts to make the other one anti tank (MM on the immolator or inferno pistols on the serephim)
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it be worth it to give the immolator multimeltas or should I leave it as is and make the seraphim anti-tank?
    I am gonna leave the immolator(due to model restraints) so what would make it most effective?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

Giving an immolator won't work to much in your favour if it's your only anti-tank as it's easily popped and you only card in anti-tanking will be gone. Here's a solution i think might be handy:

Knock off the power weapon and plasma pistols on the VSS, the linaties of faith on the cannoness and the immolator. This should give you anough points to invest in either an exorcist or a small squad of seraphim armed with inferno pistols. If not you could always move one of the 8 seraphim into the new unit to make this solution more possible if you're scraping points.

Your Original army is nice i think, but as chere said, you will most likely not beable to use your flamers. I personally like the idea of three storm bolters for foot slogging sister squads. (I do say this quite often lol)
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the list that I used today, it was my first game in like 7 years.

Canoness - 131
    Blessed weapon
    Inferno Pistola
    Jump pack
    Cloak of S A
    Frag Grenades

(10) Battle sisters 144
    storm bolter x 2
    VSS
    power weapon/ bolt pistol

(10) Battle sisters - Rhino mounted - 228
    flamer
    heavy flamer
    VSS
    brazier of holy fire
    litanies of faith
    Frag grenades

(9) Seraphim - 263
    inferno pistola x 2
    VSS
    bolt pistol/eviscerator

(6) retributors - Immolator mounted - 202
    4 x heavy bolter
    Imagifier
    VSS
    bolter

The retributors and the Rhino were proxied.

I proceeded to have my rear-end handed to me in this 1000pt slaughter. I played some Kult of speed orks and I lost badly.

I had a good time, and it was my first game so I learned alot, but it was a rout. :cry:

I know I should have used some meltas i think, but if anyone would like to rip this list apart feel free. I'm probably gonna be playing again tomorrow with some more proxied units, so hints or help would be welcome.

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Greatmoonzini: It's great that you are playing again! Tell us about the game. Here are a few tips to "tune up" your list -- and a few comments about the changes that 4E brought about for Sisters.

HQ
    1. Inferno Pistols just aren't worth the points. I find that I rarely shoot them because if I do, the only casualties available would make it harder for me to assault. Or they tempt me to chase vehicles (taking my Canoness away from what she does best -- kill infantry).

TROOPS
    2. Storm Bolters really don't do anything for a SoB squad. I recommend 2 Meltaguns.
    3. Transports are deathtraps, so don't put a lot of faith in them performing for you. I haven't fielded a Rhino in a long, long time.
    4. I see what you are going for with the 3 flamer squad, but that's a lot of points in a fragile little transport. I recommend you move the Brazier to your Seraphim VSS.
    5. I also feel that Litanies are a waste of points, but other players swear by them.

FAST
    6. Seraphim are much better at killing infantry than vehicles. I recommend hand flamers and a brazier for the VSS.

HEAVY
    7. Divine Guidance is much more effective on your Seraphim than on your Retributors. I would lose the Imagifier from that squad.
    8. You need two Exorcists. If you try nothing else, make sure you try Exorcists.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

HQ
    1. Inferno Pistols just aren't worth the points. I find that I rarely shoot them because if I do, the only casualties available would make it harder for me to assault. Or they tempt me to chase vehicles (taking my Canoness away from what she does best -- kill infantry).
    Hmmm they are worth their points, it's a strength 8 pistol Anyways your point is valid but if you're placinf these weapons on footslogging people well what do you expect. Most players put these in jump pack infantry. Cannoness is good for whatever you tool her up to be, she's not only just good for killing infantry. Step away from the eviserator and blessed weapon and you'll see what i mean.

2. Storm Bolters really don't do anything for a SoB squad. I recommend 2 Meltaguns.
    No doubt meltaguns are useful but you doubt the power of 3 stormbolters, it's like saying storm bolters are useless on terminators or grey knights. Being able to move and shoot 24" is very good and unexpected. I've found this to be true in tornaments as well as friendly play. Give it a try at least

3. Transports are deathtraps, so don't put a lot of faith in them performing for you. I haven't fielded a Rhino in a long, long time.
    Im sure quite a few players will disagree on this point. Though you do speak some truth in there. Read some of the rhino tacticas to get a better insight on these excellent tanks

4. I see what you are going for with the 3 flamer squad, but that's a lot of points in a fragile little transport. I recommend you move the Brazier to your Seraphim VSS.
    12" and hiding in cover in addition with extra armour and smoke launchers, the chances of these going up in smoke is very low. Though low in armour rhinos are far from fragile.

6. Seraphim are much better at killing infantry than vehicles. I recommend hand flamers and a brazier for the VSS.
    in this example here I agree, though remember big squads may be good against infantry to small squads will desimate any tank.

You need two Exorcists. If you try nothing else, make sure you try Exorcists.
    Agreed but also overused. It's nice to see a witch hunter army these days without an exorcist.

These are only my views on mkerrs comments, some will disagree but its just to add a wider angle to the way things are seen.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like storm bolters, my basic sister squads range from 10-15 and include a vss with power weapon and bolt and a storm bolter and a heavy flamer. nobody expects a sister squad to charge so they always end up positioning their units too close cus they think you will opt to rapidfire and most times they're right but their is ocasion when shear weight in numbers might sway it for me and it's always good to see the look on your opponents face whan you move them closer and let losse a heavy flamer and the sb and bp combined with the vets abilites it's usally enough to beat even marines.

i don't like the exorcist model the organ gun looks totally gay and as someone sed there will always be someone trying to pull the ol fix weapon thing on you, for mine i bought the sister rhino and the new whirlwind turet thingy it looks totaly awsome.

i'm undecided aboutmaking a jumpy cononess as no one really given me much info or tacs either way but if your going for it i would sugest dropping litanies for a rosarius (i assume you take them to give the canoness the invun save one when she needs it but that will only work once and for the same point a rosarius will give her a guarenteed 4+)

and lastly thin down the seraphim and buy some domminions for your immolater that will give you the anti-tank that your lacking and maybe even more faith if you got enough points to burn.
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

+ Reply to Thread