750 Witch Hunters for FUN - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750 Witch Hunters for FUN

I have now put this in the right forum.

Well, this is aminly to use up models that I ahve and don't use too often - my main sistars army has gone down the drain now that prices are going up where I live. I might build on this in the future. At the moment, the only things I don't have are the special / heavy weapons for the Sisters squads, and the Retinue for the inquisitor.

My own fluff is that this is a small task force assigned to take out rampaging Ork warbands, under the authority of an Inquisitor Lord. in their travels, they have encountered patrols from a variety of armies.

Basically I will be facing mainly Orks, but also SM and varients, Tau, Necrons, Eldar...you name it, I'll be playing it (apart from Squats )

I normally WOULD go all mechanised, but Rhinos will be too expensive (and I have at least 3 other armies I need to complete before working on larger Sisters armies), so a mechanised force is out for now. What do you vets think of the list then?

HQ

Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Lord: Inquisitor Lord w/ Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon, Rosarius, Meltabombs & Frag Grenades. 3 Crusader Henchmen.

Elites

Officio Assasinorum Operative: Vindicare Sniper.

Troops

Battle Sisters Squad 1: Veteran Sister Superior w/ Eviscerator & Book of St. Lucius. 9 Battle Sisters w/ Heavy Flamer & Meltagun.

Battle Sisters Squad 2: Veteran Sister Superior w/ Eviscerator & Book of St. Lucius. 9 Battle Sisters w/ Heavy Flamer & Meltagun.

Heavy Support

Retributor Squad: Veteran Sister Superior w/ Storm Bolter, Book of St. Lucius & Auspex. 5 Battle Sisters w/ 2 Heavy Bolters. 127

750 points total.

Now, many people say that the Vindicare is "cheesey", but my gaming group is allowing me to use it for our campaign we are running (exterminate the Heretics and Xenos), as I am the only Ordo player in our group.

The Sniper sits at the back with the Retributors. I am hoping that the Vinicare will be able to use the Turbo Penetrator to kill off enemy HQs - most should only have 2 wounds max. at this level. He eill then take out Sergeants (or equivalent) or Specail/Heavy weapon troopers.

The Retributors wil lsit back and open fire on mobs of Orc Boyz, Eldar Guardians, etc. Will move up when the rest of my army has advanced.

The two sisters squads more up in a line into the enemies face, and rapid-fire. The Inq. follows behind to attempt to handle enemy "assault units" - they should be weak enough to be handled by the Inq. at this level, yeah?

Here is an alternative list, which to you rekon is better?

Yes, I know about the 1500 all-Rhino mounted, Exorcist and Seraphim Sisters army that is extremely effective, that I WAS planning to do would have worked, thanks to the tactics mainly given by yourself. But as I explained I cannot do this, and i have a few Sisters, and an Inquisitor Lorr kicking about.

However,I wanted to do something that would sort of work with all of the models that are sat around, redundant on my desk. Its just for a fun campagin down at my store, but I would like an army that can ACTUALLY do seomthing this time. In the last campaign, my guard army was...dissapointing to say the least.

What do you think of my shooty-Inquisitro based list?

HQ
    Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Lord: Inquisitor Lord w/ Plasma Pistol, Liber Heresius & Auspex. 3 Warrior Henchmen w/ 3 Plasma Guns.

Elites

Troops
    Battle Sisters Squad 1: Veteran Sister Superior w/ Eviscerator, Bolt Pistol & Book of St. Lucius. 9 Battle Sisters w/ Heavy Flamer & Meltagun.

Battle Sisters Squad 2: Veteran Sister Superior w/ Eviscerator, Bolt Pistol & Book of St. Lucius. 9 Battle Sisters w/ Heavy Flamer & Meltagun.

Heavy Support
    Retributor Squad: Veteran Sister Superior w/ Storm Bolter, Book of St. Lucius, Auspex & Krak Grenades. 5 Battle Sisters w/ 3 Havy Bolters.

So, what do you lot think of this then - and which do you think is better - I will moslty be facing Orks, although there are several MEQ, Tau and Eldar about the place.

Edit: I just noticed the WH army lists forum - could someone move it please?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

against orks the assaulty =][= is better that sed i think you should remove alot of that stuff from your superiors and jus give her a power weapon and bolt pistol cus they are using too many points use the freed points to upgrade the retributer, with wh you really want to shoot alot (lotsa heavy b's and strm b's) but it's wise to have one dedicated cc just in case. i do have a question though how are you gonna deal with anti-tank?
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Treadhead_the_mighty
    HQ

Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Lord: Inquisitor Lord w/ Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon, Rosarius, Meltabombs & Frag Grenades. 3 Crusader Henchmen.

Elites

750 points is light and you just burned 1/3 of your entire army to get a sniper and the inquisitor who is giving you nothing, personnaly I would drop both, take a cannoess and use the points to add more sisters

Troops

Battle Sisters Squad 1: Veteran Sister Superior w/ Eviscerator & Book of St. Lucius. 9 Battle Sisters w/ Heavy Flamer & Meltagun.
    add more sisters as above

Battle Sisters Squad 2: Veteran Sister Superior w/ Eviscerator & Book of St. Lucius. 9 Battle Sisters w/ Heavy Flamer & Meltagun.
    ditto

Heavy Support

Retributor Squad: Veteran Sister Superior w/ Storm Bolter, Book of St. Lucius & Auspex. 5 Battle Sisters w/ 2 Heavy Bolters. 127

750 points total.
    again add more sisters

Now, many people say that the Vindicare is "cheesey", but my gaming group is allowing me to use it for our campaign we are running (exterminate the Heretics and Xenos), as I am the only Ordo player in our group.

The Sniper sits at the back with the Retributors. I am hoping that the Vinicare will be able to use the Turbo Penetrator to kill off enemy HQs - most should only have 2 wounds max. at this level. He eill then take out Sergeants (or equivalent) or Specail/Heavy weapon troopers.

The Retributors wil lsit back and open fire on mobs of Orc Boyz, Eldar Guardians, etc. Will move up when the rest of my army has advanced.

The two sisters squads more up in a line into the enemies face, and rapid-fire. The Inq. follows behind to attempt to handle enemy "assault units" - they should be weak enough to be handled by the Inq. at this level, yeah?

Here is an alternative list, which to you rekon is better?

Yes, I know about the 1500 all-Rhino mounted, Exorcist and Seraphim Sisters army that is extremely effective, that I WAS planning to do would have worked, thanks to the tactics mainly given by yourself. But as I explained I cannot do this, and i have a few Sisters, and an Inquisitor Lorr kicking about.

However,I wanted to do something that would sort of work with all of the models that are sat around, redundant on my desk. Its just for a fun campagin down at my store, but I would like an army that can ACTUALLY do seomthing this time. In the last campaign, my guard army was...dissapointing to say the least.

What do you think of my shooty-Inquisitro based list?

HQ
    Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Lord: Inquisitor Lord w/ Plasma Pistol, Liber Heresius & Auspex. 3 Warrior Henchmen w/ 3 Plasma Guns.
    marginally better, you got 3 plasam guns here for your money

Elites
    Again although this HQ/elite combi is better, I would still prefer a cannoness

Troops
    Battle Sisters Squad 1: Veteran Sister Superior w/ Eviscerator, Bolt Pistol & Book of St. Lucius. 9 Battle Sisters w/ Heavy Flamer & Meltagun.

Battle Sisters Squad 2: Veteran Sister Superior w/ Eviscerator, Bolt Pistol & Book of St. Lucius. 9 Battle Sisters w/ Heavy Flamer & Meltagun.

Heavy Support
    Retributor Squad: Veteran Sister Superior w/ Storm Bolter, Book of St. Lucius, Auspex & Krak Grenades. 5 Battle Sisters w/ 3 Havy Bolters.
    as above plus loose the nades

So, what do you lot think of this then - and which do you think is better - I will moslty be facing Orks, although there are several MEQ, Tau and Eldar about the place.

Edit: I just noticed the WH army lists forum - could someone move it please?
    I much prefer the second list but would still change it as above
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I DO want to make some changes to the list. I was thinking I was light on troops, but I am seriously lacking funds (having just completed a 1500 Infantry army....180 Infantry models costs a lot!).

I am also trying to use up some of the models I never use, so most changes need to be limited to Blister packs really .

Would swapping out the Vindicare for an Everasor be a good idea, and run her with a BW Cannoness and go character unting? However, i do like the ability to pop HQs at these points levels thanks to the Special Ammo.

So you are in favour of the Plasma Inq? I was thinking that he would be my main Marines deterant - if they get close t is 8 plasma shots! On thinking about it, would a CAnnoness be a better Character hunter? Bear in mind I play Orks a lot (and th4e Warboss is iin a Tankbusta mob).

I have 3 or 4 Seraphim kicking about too - should I try to put them into the list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

*sigh* yeh it's always that problem, money

Though you don't want a mechanised army a tank or two may end up cheaper than buying whole squads. An example of this is a landraider in a 1000pts army, oops theres a quater of the army sorted for £30 heh
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i like using the land raiders in 1000 or less there is not much antitank at low point games cu face it who is insane enough to take those things in low point games (*rolls eyes*)
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

hmmmm personally, i have a sear haterd for landraiders. I just don;t like them. Predators are the way to go tbh if i was ever marines (never in this lifetime )
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually like both lists even tho Cheredanine is right regarding the inquisitor and the assassin being a points sink, the evis in the squads are a good idea tho, because beware the Eldar player and his Wraithlords even in "fun" 750 pts armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in 750 there should only be a max of one which is no big deal if he has more than one then the sisters are more than capable of dealing with them (especially exorcists) and it's about 1/3 of his army gone. people who take three in 750 usally only have some small units of guardians backing them up and bolters will rip em up no problems.

+ Reply to Thread