1000pts of Faithfull sisters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts of Faithfull sisters

Ok just had to post this list as last night i won 2 games back to back. Somthing i have never done before, so far i have won more than i have lost with this army.

HQ

Canoness
    Blessed weapon, Plasma pistol, Cloak, Jump pack, melta bombs, Book 140pts 2 Faith

Canoness
    Power weapon, Plasma pistol, Cloak, Jump pack, 110pts 2 Faith

Elite

Celestian squad
    Vss with bolter and power weapon, x3 bolters 1h/flamer
    Immolater, tl h/flamer 162pts 1 Faith

Troops

Battle Sister Squad
    Vss Bolter power weapon, 7 bolters, 1 melta, 1 h/flamer 156pts 1 Faith

Battle Sister Squad
    Vss Bolter power weapon, 7 bolters, 1 melta, 1 h/flamer 156pts 1 Faith

Heavy Support

Retributer Squad
    Vss bolter, book. 4 h/bolters 134pts 1 Faith

Exorcist
    Extra Armour 140pts

998 pts 8 Faith

The 2 Canoness's worked really well together, ( 6 2+ inv saves between them is awesome!) seeing off, with the aid of the Celestians a Chaplian and his jump pack friends, all 10 of them!!

I know there are some things i would have liked to have added (more bodies in the rets for example ) but the army worked really well. 8 Faith worked also very well!

Anyone got any suggestions, i will use this base for a 1500pt tourney coming up, and will provide pics once they are painted.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

A nice list indeed.
    I would try to get an Eviscerator on the Vss in the Celestian-squad. With two attacks it is IMO better to get higher wounding-chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

For a tourney you are going to want another exorcist for a start, there is 140 points.
    Beyond that you have decision , do you go armoured or stay infantry? if you go armoured then you want to do it accorss the board (all troops squads, probabyl an imolator for the retributors, not that they would use it) if not then I would be tempted to drop the immolator you have as it is too obvious a target for tournet armies

either way, for composition points, you need to spend 40% (600 points) on troops, you curerntly have 312, so you are looking at spending nearly 300 points there, by the time you have added the exorcist you just about spent your extra 500 points
    as to what troops, either rhino mount what you have and add another squad in a rhino or add a third squad and then up the numbers in all three
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

Based on your list I have made these comments. Remember they are still only opinions:

HQ:

I would take off the plasma pistols from both. The cannoness with the blessed weapon won't benefit from +1 attack as the weapon is two handed, it's nice to beable to make a shot before combat but I'll comment in a moment.

I see you have melta bombs in order to take out tanks but in combat chance's to hit are seriously reduced, especially with only 1 melta bomb attack. Your chances lie better in replacing the power weapon and blessed weapon with eviserators and taking out the melta bombs.
    In combat because you are relying on the 2+ inv save anyway they are still quite effetcive in combat. Because their ini. isn't the greatest they tend to strike simutaniously or last so it isn't a huge loss.

Back to the pistols, if you really want them inferno pistol might work well, this is because if you seriouly want them to take out tanks you allow yourself 1 shot each which has a far higher chance of knocking it out compared to combat. But if that fails you still have the eviserators to hit the tanks. In addition, if what you intended was to take a shot before combat this is still possible, as the pistols range and charge distance are the same, the pistol is also great against big beasties (Wraithlords and tyrannid monsterious creatures).

IMO i would just stick with the eviserators and leave the melta bombs and pistols behind.

Finally since the cannonessed are both leadership 10 and they will be far off by themselves (I presume thats why you bought the jump packs) the book won't be put to good use. So I don't think it's really needed.

Elite:

Since you gave the Vss a power weapon would it not be a better idea to keep the pistol on her so she benefits from an extra attack?

It also seems that you've gone for a minimum squad of five. My personal preferance would be to max out the squad so it makes faith points a little easier to do as well as increase their killing potential and survivablity when dealing with mission objectives. You may also find if you do the "divine guidance" transport trick one flamer template may not be enough.

IMO the points here are pobably better spent on a something else when account point for point damage dealing and role on the feild.

Troops:

These are good, though I might worry about the flamers getting to actually fire when in a foot slogging unit. A longer range weapon may be better, maybe not, but it depends who you are fighting.

Heavy support:

Good here as well, only comment would be on the book. It's not needed as these are right at the back and the rest of your army is leadership 9 or better.

I would agree on another Exorcist in a torny army.

Additional:

The book does confer an unmodified leadership but once this has been confered to the squad they still have to modify it after. Eg: Cannoness confers a leadership 10 value to one of you sister squads who lost combat and is outnumbered. The sister squad uses the leadership 10 but then modifies it depending on how badly they lost. This is the correct way to do it and has been discussed before on the forums, I wrote this because its a common mistake I've noticed at my club.

It maybe an idea to use a seraphim unit to help the cannoness but this is just a preferance and really doesn't have a reason. I just think it might be a better idea than the Celestians. In addition if you bought the Vet. they will roll 3d6 for faith so it's easier to do faith than the celestians too in small squads and just as mobile.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Heiromyo
    The book does confer an unmodified leadership but once this has been confered to the squad they still have to modify it after. Eg: Cannoness confers a leadership 10 value to one of you sister squads who lost combat and is outnumbered. The sister squad uses the leadership 10 but then modifies it depending on how badly they lost. This is the correct way to do it and has been discussed before on the forums, I wrote this because its a common mistake I've noticed at my club.
    Disscused at forums, yes. But GW have never confirmed it to be 'the right way to do it', at least not in any official FAQ since 4th ed was released.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

if you think about it, it's 5pts. The points you pay for it makes sence to play it with modifications after confering the leadership. It's just too good to not have mods for 5pts, if it were something like 15+ I'd agree, but it isn't.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

525 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Heiromyo
    if you think about it, it's 5pts. The points you pay for it makes sence to play it with modifications after confering the leadership. It's just too good to not have mods for 5pts, if it were something like 15+ I'd agree, but it isn't.
    Yeah it is very true it is to cheap for what it does.
    But since GW havn't stated anything else, I am still gonna use it like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I have to honest I use it like:

Canoness is within 6 inches of the squad and has the book, the sqyad uses her unmodified leadership for moral checks, ignoring all the mods tha would normally effect their moral
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya thats the way most of us do it. until an faq or qna or errata comes out that ses otherwise noboddy's gonna gimp it cus it's cheap the day i do that is the day a marine player goes my assault cannon is too overpowered and underpriced so i won't use the rending rule. also i think we should head this off before it becomes a full on debate and the purpose of this thread is forgotten.
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been told that running 2 Canoness's is as cheesy as 3 Wraithlords.........surely not! If it is, i am sorry as i never meant to offend or create a cheesy list!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast