[1000] Space Marine - Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000] Space Marine - Friendly

Hey guys,

I'm quite new to 40K and just began playing with my friends a couple of weeks ago. I've gone up against the Necrons twice now (both 1000 pts) and lost both times. I figured I'd come on here, post up my list and get some tips from those of you that have played before.

I appreciate any and all help. You won't be hurting any feelings here so please be honest

[HQ - 305 PTS]
    1x Codicier w/ terminator armour + plasma pistol + might of heroes = 145
    4x Terminator Command Squad = 160

[TROOPS - 330 PTS]
    10x Tactical Squad + lascannon = 165

[FAST ATTACK - 230 PTS]
    10x Assault Squad + (2)plasma pistols = 230

[HEAVY SUPPORT - 130 PTS]
    1x Predator Annihilator w/ heavy bolters = 130

Total = 1000 PTS

I'm not going to defend my list off the start cause it defeats the purpose of my post

Much appreciated guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by cdnbacon
    [HQ - 305 PTS]
    1x Codicier w/ terminator armour + plasma pistol + might of heroes = 145
    4x Terminator Command Squad = 160
    A codicier in termie armour cant carry a plasma pistol. Termies arent ideal for 1000pt games, simply eats too much of your resources. My suggestion is to replace your HQ with a jump pack commander w/ termie honours, pwr weapon, bolt pistol, combat shield. Or a chaplain if you wish, though im not a huge fan of the chappie because so many field them.

[TROOPS - 330 PTS]
    These squads are optimised for 'sniping' with lascannons. Break this into 2 5 man squads with lascannons. Then with the 10 leftover guys make a 10 man squad with a meltagun and powerfisted veteran sgt. possibly hvy bolter too because its so cheap. Its all about balance

[FAST ATTACK - 230 PTS]
    10x Assault Squad + (2)plasma pistols = 230
    Looks fine, but you desperatly need a powerfisted sgt.

[HEAVY SUPPORT - 130 PTS]
    1x Predator Annihilator w/ heavy bolters = 130
    Your tanks should be focused on either AT or anti-infantry to maximise their effectiveness. I would change this to a predator destructor with hvy bolters and extra armour. Any armour in 1k points is handled easily by the lascannons and melta/powerfists

Not a bad start. Here's what it would look like with my changes....

HQ
    Master: Pwr Weapon, bolt pistol, combat shield, jump pack, termie honours. = 136pts

TROOPS
    5 Man Tac Squad: Lascannon = 90pts
    5 Man Tac Squad: Lascannon = 90pts
    10 Man Tac Squad: Termie honours, powerfist, meltagun, Heavy Bolter = 195pts

F.A.
    10 Man Assault Squad: Termie Honours, powerfist, 2 plasma pistols = 260pts

HVY
    Predator Destructor: Hvy bolter Sponsons, Extra Armour = 115pts

This brings you to 886pts, still leaving extra room for some cheap units, possibly speeders or a dreadnought.

Good Luck, hope this helps!
    Last edited by gen.nehring; February 9th, 2006 at 06:37.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nehring,

Thanks so much for responding back! I've commented on your comments

Quote Originally Posted by gen.nehring
    A codicier in termie armour cant carry a plasma pistol. Termies arent ideal for 1000pt games, simply eats too much of your resources. My suggestion is to replace your HQ with a jump pack commander w/ termie honours, pwr weapon, bolt pistol, combat shield. Or a chaplain if you wish, though im not a huge fan of the chappie because so many field them.
    Where could I see the reasoning behind the plasma not being allowed with term. armor? Not that I don't believe you, just more so I know!

Ok, so we're going to drop the terms... this is no problem as I actually thought the same thing after having a similar group not pay off for me in a previous game.

So the jump pack commander will be independant?

These squads are optimised for 'sniping' with lascannons. Break this into 2 5 man squads with lascannons. Then with the 10 leftover guys make a 10 man squad with a meltagun and powerfisted veteran sgt. possibly hvy bolter too because its so cheap. Its all about balance
    I love the idea of the 2 5 man squads as your description of their role is dead on. After getting beat by the Monolith (sp?) so bad, I need to work on it fairly early. Or atleast leave myself some firepower to hurt it later.

So the new 10 man squad should be used more as protection or more as my fighting/non sniping army?

Looks fine, but you desperatly need a powerfisted sgt.
    Would it be possible to get some explanation behind this? As well, are their any special rules regarding the powerfirst? I can add it to a sarg. without termie armour?

Your tanks should be focused on either AT or anti-infantry to maximise their effectiveness. I would change this to a predator destructor with hvy bolters and extra armour. Any armour in 1k points is handled easily by the lascannons and melta/powerfists.
    My choice of the annihilator was based on it's performance in a previous game. I thought it took enemy fire well, while providing some decent support to troops. I just checked the stats on the auto cannon and it looks good. My only concern is that my lascannons are all left in the hands of troops now. I'd hate to see both small squads tied up quickly.

As for the points left over, I'm really unsure at this point. I'm going to get your suggestions into my nerdy excel document and see what I'm comfortable adding to it

Thanks again for your feedback. I'm going to see if you respond back before I post up another revision. Thanks for clarifying things for me. Again, I'm new and easily confused
    Last edited by cdnbacon; February 9th, 2006 at 08:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necrons are bad at close combat so i would drop the two tac squads to 5 men each and bring on a termanator assult squad and teliport both squads

+ Reply to Thread