1500 pt list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 pt list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt list

HQ
    grand master & 3x termis (1 with th/ss), IOTJ

elite
    inquisitor -> combi-melta, lightning claw, power armor, teleport homer

eversor

5x GK terminators -> bc, 1x psycannon, targeter (can they take these? if not it'll go on another squad)

troops
    10 gk -> justicar, 1x psycannon, targeter

10 st -> vet, 2x meltas, combi-melta

fast attack
    9 gk -> justicar, 2x incinerators, melta bombs

heavy
    lance strike

i was trying to be universal but my opponens are usually necrons, or orks (sometimes other stuff too.

anti-necron tactic. target the strike on the middle of one side of the board.
    overload one side with the troops gk squad and elite termis on point followed by the storm troopers. inquisitor will imbed in one of these units.
    charge concentrating heavy bolter fire on necron warriors. 2nd, or third turn try to tie a nearby unit up with the long charge of the eversor to screen deepstrikers. - he will likely tp- retreat with his lord or monolith to the area where the strike is coming down - or otherwise get him on the defensive. GM and FAGK come in . ignore the monolith.
    comments?
    ill post my ork tactic later.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

inquisitor -> combi-melta, lightning claw, power armor, teleport homer
    I would take off lighting claws because usually inquistors don't do that well in combat - even with upgrades. This is probally just to set the teleport homer anyway, and after they come out, they can do the work.

5x GK terminators -> bc, 1x psycannon, targeter (can they take these? if not it'll go on another squad)

troops
    10 gk -> justicar, 1x psycannon, targeter

10 st -> vet, 2x meltas, combi-melta
    I'd take off targeter on these. 5 GK termies + your GM and his 3 termies can be quite a lot of points so I wouldn't reccomend that much, but if you want them then go ahead and keep them.

lance strike
    Usually this is pretty unpredictable. With taking this out, all the targeters, the lighting claws and combi-melta, I think you would have enough for a dreadnought. I'd give it TLLC and ML, but a Assault Cannon can work too.

~Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is a single dread going to be more effective? one piece of armor will go down fast.
    the idea behind my lance strike was to control the flow of battle and make him more hesitant to use his tping necron lord and monolith to move his large units to that side of the board. he typically fills the deployment zone with warriors - so i just might hit somthing. my inq lord always makes it in to cc because he is an independent character - and usually i dont give him squat and he goes down without doing anything (power weapons dont help much). the one other time i gave him a lc he dropped four chosen termis of nurgle himself. i might consider scrapping him, buying an extra st and upgrading the current st to elite inq status. with those points i could almost get another ist squad, or i could flush out my gk more. i know those termis are pricy...should i lump them in to a single unit? usually when this happens everythong gets thrown at them. i kinda like the two termi units so one can footslog and shoot and the gm doesnt need to walk the bord. his necrons have a tough time with my termis- basically he just has to commit everything at them - which frees up other stuff to do some killin. if he doesnt those termis will crush his punny metal skeletons in cc - or he will flee in to a danger zone and reduce his ability to inflict damage (his rf weapons will be almost useless while i continue to hammer away.
    so, should i drop all the extra stuff and get a dread?
    consolidate the termis?
    id hate to see my neatly converted inq go to waste....oh well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally speaking, people wont go anywhere near wherever you've aimed that lance strike once it starts coming down, so you may be right about being able to herd him with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x3)

is a single dread going to be more effective? one piece of armor will go down fast.
    the idea behind my lance strike was to control the flow of battle and make him more hesitant to use his tping necron lord and monolith to move his large units to that side of the board. he typically fills the deployment zone with warriors - so i just might hit somthing.
    Well, if this works for you then I guess it's fine.

my inq lord always makes it in to cc because he is an independent character - and usually i dont give him squat and he goes down without doing anything (power weapons dont help much). the one other time i gave him a lc he dropped four chosen termis of nurgle himself.
    4 Terminators? Wow..that must've been really lucky...but I can't argue with those results. If it works that well for you then keep em'.

so, should i drop all the extra stuff and get a dread?
    consolidate the termis?
    Well I would get a Dread, but its your list - not mine.

If personally like Terminators, so I'd keep them.

~Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it was VERY lucky. he was basically being ignored so the first one was easy - i think most of them had p-fists so i was striking first - but considering the t5 on those guys it was till a miricle. anyhow,
    by consolidate the terminators i ment should i put them all in one big group of 9? id save 15 pints on the bc that i could dump in to somthing else, but id lose deployment flexability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x3)

by consolidate the terminators i ment should i put them all in one big group of 9? id save 15 pints on the bc that i could dump in to somthing else, but id lose deployment flexability.
    I'd keep them in 2 seperate squads. It makes them more flexible.

~Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the feedback angel, ill seriously consider a dread. im still playing with the list, so ill probably post some variants (ill get the number of models up).

+ Reply to Thread