Which 750 - similar, unsure what is better - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which 750 - similar, unsure what is better

Right, well these two armies are to use up the models that I have kicking about on the desk (minus the odd addition). These two lists are rather similar, but I cannot decide between them. I know that some units ARENT the best coice available, but I am playing on small boards, mainly versus Orks (although I will take it to a campaign at GW stores, and be facing at least one of every army). Oh, and it is to have something a little different to the Mech Sister armies you see.

List 1 -

HQ
    Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Lord: Inquisitor Lord w/ Plasma Pistol, Liber Heresius & Auspex. 3 Warrior Henchmen w/ 3 Plasma Guns.

Elites
    Officio Assasinorum Operative: Vindicare Sniper.

Troops
    Battle Sisters Squad 1: Veteran Sister Superior w/ Eviscerator, Bolt Pistol & Book of St. Lucius. 9 Battle Sisters w/ Heavy Flamer & Meltagun.

Battle Sisters Squad 2: Veteran Sister Superior w/ Eviscerator, Bolt Pistol & Book of St. Lucius. 9 Battle Sisters w/ Heavy Flamer & Meltagun.

Heavy Support
    Retributor Squad: Veteran Sister Superior w/ Storm Bolter, Book of St. Lucius, Auspex & Krak Grenades. 5 Battle Sisters w/ 3 Heavy Bolters.

31 Infantry 750

NOTE: I will switch the Krak Nades to the Inq. isntead.

With this army, the Retributors and Vindicare take up positions in terrain, with good view of the board. The Battel Sisters advance, and the Inq. follows behind. Or, I stand-and-shoot, with the Inq. out of LOS behind the girls to discourage Deepstrike/Infiltrate and MEQs. Sisters can kill Marines easily. Vindicare picks off Sergeants or Heavy Weapons, and can (hopefully) kill enemy HQs in 2 hits, with the Turbo Penetrator round.

List 2 -

HQ
    Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Lord: Inquisitor Lord w/ Plasma Pistol, Liber Heresius, Auspex & Meltabombs. 3 Warrior Henchmen w/ 3 Plasma Guns.

Elites
    Officio Assasinorum Operative: Eversor Assassin.

Troops
    Battle Sisters Squad 1: Veteran Sister Superior w/ Eviscerator, Bolt Pistol & Book of St. Lucius. 9 Battle Sisters w/ 2 Flamers.

Battle Sisters Squad 2: Veteran Sister Superior w/ Eviscerator, Bolt Pistol & Book of St. Lucius. 9 Battle Sisters w/ 2 Flamers.

Fast Attack
    Seraphim Squad: Vetern Superior w/ Plasma Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Book of St. Lucius & Meltabombs. 4 Seraphim w/ 2 Twin Inferno Pistols.

30 Infantry 750

Here, everything can deal with armour that engages them (BAD experiences with Guardsmen + Dreadnoughts [or equivalent]). The inq. follows behind the Battle Sisters, as before. Seraphim use hit + run to engage a unit, and catapult behind enemy armour/Dreadnougts. Against tough troops, nothing I have seen likes 4 AP2 shots, 2 of which are twin-linked. Add in Divinely Guided Bolt Pistols... The Eversor is a "suicide unit" to tie up/distract the enemy to let my Girls get close, unscathed. It can also kill isolated, small sqauds easily. The Sisters use Divine Guidance on the Flamers and Bolters to eat the enemy alive.

SO, which list do you think has the better potential (I realise neither are brilliant, but I can't afford too many new models, etc.). I love both, but as 1) I don't know who I will be facing, and 2) I otherwise play vs Orks, both lists have their merrits. I have to buy more stuff for List 1, but I think it might be more "kill-ey"

Oh, and I know about the Mech Sister, and so forth..but this is to make a cheap, but effective army. I already own the troops. Oh, and to have something a little different to roast those wayward Marines with... The Inq. may not be that effective...but the fear-factor when the opponent realises it is 8 AP2 shots at 12"...and if they don't realise, then all the better for me. In some testing, this Inq. setup has PREVENTED people charging in against the sisters, purely as they see all the plasma waiting for when the girls break. And the Liber lets me chose table ede nearly all the time to boot!

Your thoughts please?

Ps, sorry for the long post, and this army is to play with before expanding to my all-infantry, all-Sister army. Oh, and for when I get bored of my Marines, and Guardsmen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

err sorry but i don't like either, number 1 shows some potential but needs work
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I know both aren't overly fantastic, but I ahve a load of (currently) unused models lying around. please give me the suggestions of what you would change (if you feel inclined too - I would like to hear them, may give me some ideas)

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

I like list 2. Its a nice little infantry force where the seraphim and the eversor provide the assault and the rest are your fire support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I don't see these lists as competitive.
    - Generally speaking, I wouldn't take an assasin in games under 1500 points.
    - An Eviscerator on a Vet sarge really seems like a waste.
    - The Inquisitor squad is brittle and a little pricey.

The second list is a little bit better.
    Give the Seraphim VSS one Eviscerator, and exchange the other Evis for a Seraphim.
    Heavy flamer is over priced. Save a few points on the flamer.

With 750 points, I'd just take a tooled-up Cannoness, a bunch of girls, and a squad of 8 GKs, and 1 Exorcist. Another option is to strip down the Cannoness and strip-down the SOB squads and pick up some Seraphim.

GKs (though not very cheap) are a much better value than rip-offs like:
    - a 25 point Eviscerator on a WS3 VSS (who can't charge when her squad shoots bolters).
    - a 10 point Stormbolter on a VSS. (Making her a pitifully overpriced model at 35 points).
    - a 95 point Eversor, who can easily get shot (assasins are not Independent Characters).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, I think you have to be the first person to ever say that Eviscerators are a waste....well done for going against the norm (no sarcasm, I mean it)!

I am taking them (at the moment) becuase i usually end up stuck in combat with something the girls can't scratch. Evis. cure this. Oh, and S6, no saves against Marines can't be argued with (or 8 with the right Faith).

I know the Inq. is brittle... but hopefully I can hide him out of LOS behind the girls (or will this not work?)

So you rekon list 2 overall (with twin flamers). I know assassins are pricey, and i could get a few more girls, but the infil. and SO many power weapon attacks...and the sheer fear factor...

Anyways, you have given me a lot to think about, cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Treadhead_the_mighty
    Hm, I think you have to be the first person to ever say that Eviscerators are a waste....well done for going against the norm
    Back up. This is not what I said. You missed my point.
    I said that an Evis on a WS3 VSS is a waste.
    I advocate 1-2 Evis per 750 points, but it must be in the right hands.

It works much better on Seraphim VSS or a 2+ Cannoness.
    Why?
    Because the Seraphim VSS doesn't have to turn off 18+ Bolter shots to charge with it.
    So the Seraphim and the Cannoness each get a free swing right off the bat.
    And a 2+ Cannoness can go invulnerable and dance the toughest of characters... for a very short while.

My battle sisters almost never get charged.
    I try to outsource the dirty work to others. My Seraphim always roam in groups of 8, and carry the good book of St Lucius so as to make sure they fight to the last drop of blood. They're fast enough to intercept anything out there. And don't forget that Seraphim can charge as many as 3-4 times per game. So it's going to lop off 2-3 times as many heads per game.

Like I said, 1 Eviscerator costs as much as 1 whole Grey Knight, who is I4 WS5, True Grit, and he even has a free Stormbolter. Compare that to a WS3 SOB VSS, who with the Evis is a 50 point model. (A GK Justicar costs this much).

I guess if you can't keep your sisters from being charged, the Evis will help... a little. But once your sisters have been charged, they're paralyzed and toothless. Better to prevent the hopeless situation rather than spend points trying to fix it. An ounce of prevention... That's my style, at least.

Maybe an Evis on a Celestian VSS with a Priest with an Evis and a Cannoness with Evis. Now that's a hard little group, whom I'd just love to smash into any Marine HQ. The Celestian regulars would absorb the wounds, and you could deliver 10 Str6 hits on the charge, 3 of them hit on 3's AND get re-rolls, and the rest hit on 4s and get re-rolls. Nice stuff.
    Dreadnoughts would actully wet their shorts and run the other way.
    Last edited by Red Zinfandel; February 16th, 2006 at 03:25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priest in a squad of 9 Repentia behind a meat shield to soak up shots. Granted they'll get chewed up before they can swing, but the enemy still has to try and widdle down 21 Evis shots and the nasty whips of a Mistress before he gets taken down with re-rolling chainsword death.

Tactically weak, but the concept makes me giddy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had thought about using Repentia, but on ofrums I get torn apart every time I put them into an army list.

THe celestian idea is pretty cool, but would it be better overall than the Inq. with 8 Plasma shots in shooting and the Eversor assassin in combat? Oh, and sorry for misisng the point slightly earlier!

I like the infiltrate on my Eversor, and it will provide a lovely distraction (I have the retro Assassin model).

Your suggestions are very useful, and giving me a lot to think about. I feel that I am going to have to do some playtesting, and get back to you guys for some help, depending on the results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the retro Assassin model

heh heh retro did ya give it an afrocus if so you stole my idea!.

and as much as i love repentia they aint worth 20 points and the mistress is definately not worth 30 points and to even think of using them as a meatsheild is ludricuss use ist thats what they are there for.

also i would consider the vindicare as i jus found an faq that ses he can fire into combat which elevates him to the best assasin in the list.
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast