500 pnt Daemonhunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member Reclusiarch Issach's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 pnt Daemonhunters

Another army list I'm dabbling with. After im done with BT it'll either be orks or these guys next (but I'll have both eventually, since Im going for an "armageddon" theme for my inital armies.) So...to start out with...

HQ

GK Brother Captain -62 pnts
    -frags

x2 Terminator retinue -92 pnts

Troops

IST squad x10 - 140 pnts
    -x2 meltaguns, vet w/teleport homer
    w/ Chimera (multilaser, H +85 pnts

IST squad x10 -120 pnts
    -x2 grenade launcher

TOTAL: 499 pnts

For expansion I'll be inducting some Steel Leigon to make up for firepower and numbers (as well as the models fitting the theme ^_^ ), plus of course, more GK! Ill probably be adding an inquisitor with an assasin later as well.

Comments? Thoughts on expansion?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

* Can't give frags (nor any other grenade type) to models in terminator armor.

* Please don't show individual point costs - squad totals and list total are all that you should show.

* I'm not sure I see the need for the Teleport Homer - I mean, three deepstriking models? And you're paying something like 30 points just for the Homer and the Sarge? Naw.

* Speaking of which: the HQ. You've spent more on those three models than on either of your other squads, and that's saying a lot. I really suggest dropping the bodyguard and just sticking the BC into the Chimera (as those can hold 10 + 1 Terminator). Maybe kit the Sarge in that squad out for melee instead of the TP Homer. That would give you enough points to basically buy a third (smaller) IST squad.

* Oh, and just a note: you can't use actual Steel Legion rules, you realize. Using the models is perfectly ok, but they count as just vanilla Guardsmen when used in a DH army.

Junior Member Reclusiarch Issach's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about the screw ups mega. Didnt think that posting the Chimera and terminator retinue costs seperately was a bad thing. Just helps me organize whats what. Ill remember that in the future.

Now, onto the revisions

HQ:

GK Brother Captain -61 pnts

Troops

IST squad x10 - 248 pnts
    -x2 meltaguns, vet w/Thunder hammer and bolt pistol
    w/ Chimera (multilaser, HB, extra armor+smokes)

IST squad x10 -120 pnts
    -x2 grenade launcher

IST squad x 5
    x2 grenade launchers OR x2 plasma guns

TOTAL: 500 on the nose

Couldnt decide on the smaller squad whether I should add more grenade launchers or get some anti-powerarmor guns in the form of plasma rifles. Might have to rethink the size of my footslogging squads if the latter.

Thanks for the advice so far. And yes Mega, I know I cant use the Steel Leigon rules if the gaurdsman are inducted. I just like the models a LOT better than the cadian ones and it fites the theme.

Senior Member JuliusGaiusCaesar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basing off of your original List:
    I would drop the second IST squad and the terminators for 7 GK instead of the IST squad you added. Grey Knights will certainly do a great job for you in CC, and are both better shooters and fighters than the IST. Also, I would switch out the meltaguns in the first squad for plasma unless you are SURE that you will be facing a vehicle with an Armor higher than 12, kind of unlikely in 500 points though. Otherwise, your GK and plasma guns can handle AV 12 just fine.
    Edit: Also, a thunder hammer on a vet arge is a bit of a waste, you can get another 2 S6 WS5 attacks from another GK for the same points.
    Et imperator Invocato Diabolus Daemonica Exorcist!

Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IST squad x10 - 248 pnts
    -x2 meltaguns, vet w/Thunder hammer and bolt pistol
    w/ Chimera (multilaser, HB, extra armor+smokes)
    If you want these guys in close combat, then instead of the meltaguns, you might want to have flamers. Of course, as this is the only real tank-hunting unit, you might also want to keep them. You should think about having both, but it's just a matter of opinon. You should probably replace the thunderhammer with a power weapon and the heavy bolter on the Chimera for a heavy flamer.

I don't think that grenade launchers are all that effective while plasma guns are. It would probably work out better if you just gave the other 2 squads plasmaguns. You should also even out the squads, it gives them each more suvivability as the opponent's fire is more split.
    1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread