Temporary 800pt list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Temporary 800pt list

So I'm still collecting WH stuff. so bear with. This is a brief game with my brother (plays a radical DH army with Space Wolf allies) before I pack up my figures for my move to New Orleans. Again, this is working with what I have. Wargear suggestions wanted. I'll be leaving in 3 hours to play.

HQ:
    Cannonnes 110pts
    Cloak, Inferno pistol, Blessed Weapon

Elite:
    Callidus Assassing 120pts

Inquisitor 62pts
    Power Weapon, Digital Weapons, Crusader Henchmen, Chirurgeon Henchmen

Troops:
    12 Battle Sisters+VSS 191pts
    Flamer, Storm Bolter, Plasma Pistol on VSS

9 Storm Troopers+Veteran 170pts
    Power weapon on Vet, Rhino transport

6 Adeptus Arbites+Veteran 150pts
    Grenade Launcher, Rhino

TOTAL: 803pts

Tactic:

Use the assassin as character hunting, Arbites and ISTs will provide cover in their rhinos for the footslogging sisters and then catch flank deployment in this shape \_/ with his main forces. Inquisitor will be on a flank behind a Rhino until she can reach assault with her henchmen. I figure she'll work well given on a charge they'll get 6 power weapon attacks and 2 normal. With fire support I hope to break his main lines of marines as those bolters are going to chew up my ISTs. Arbites will hunt his ISTs with rapid fire shotguns. My ISTs will be a forward force to draw fire.

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

HQ:

Your cannoness seems fine except for the inferno pistol, you may find that she isn't going to be able to shoot it being on foot and such ashort ranged weapon.

Elites:

The assasin is good but don't use her to hunt characters unless completely alone, even then it may not be wise to consider it. I say this because characters tend to have retinues who would pretty much anhilate the callidus an the callidus may not even kill the character in the end. Some characters can be extrememly hard, for example, I would still place my bets on a Dark Eldar lord (properly equipped) over the assasin. What I would use her for it dealing with squads un expectingly, with her awesome flamer template ability this works well, in addition to her attacks if they don't all die. Also it may be an idea to use her as a support charater for combat, alone she will proably die 90% of the time.

The Inquisitor is fine, though I personally wouldn't give her a digital weapon. I would give her a pistol to increase her attacks. Last of all I think whe would funtion better in a squad rather than in a retinue. If she's in a retinue, she can be targeted and the independant character rule doesn't apply, if she was in the squad should won't have to play catch up and adds close combat attacks to the turn it may prove vital.

Troops:

The sisters may do better getting the transport and another flamer, this way you can use "divine guidance" with a high sucess rate of firing the flamers. (reduce the squad to 10 if this is the case)

The storm troopers are fine though if you go with my idea and give the sisters above a transport they would probably do beter armed with two grenade launchers and shot guns. I think you know why this is already but just in case: shotguns mean you can shoot and assault (combined to get roughly 40 strength 3 chances to wound), grenade launchers offer you long range fire whilst advancing (something Eldar Gaurdians excel at but arn't the only ones who can do it). If you do not opt. for this a second opinion would be to give them 2 plasmaguns with the transport to add that anti-heavy infantry weapnoy you need, or 2 meltaguns to add anti-tank which I havn't noticed in the current list.

Arbites are cool and fine, though a transport is wasted on such a small squad, espeially a squad which won't do too much in the battle.

Tactics:

Your scheming seems fine and logical but on the feild you cannot stick to those schemes. New disadvanages and advantages appear as you play and the better player makes use of oppitunities and prepares for disasters. I for one would never use my squads to draw fire:

1: because your opponent is smarter than you think and will shoot at whatever he pleases
    2: you should value all your troops and expect them to kill and live, in such play you will gain victory points and not loose any.

Deployment should be based on four things, the terrain set-up, mission objective, the type of his army (fast, combat based, shooty etc) and how your opponent deploys, then try to see a few turns ahead and predict his actions. If you insist on a pre-planned set-up you may find yourself horribly gunned down, not being able to fulfill objective or let yourself be surrounded by the opponent.

Against power armour or terminator armour the last thing you want to do is gamble killing with las/shotgun weaponary. These arn't fit enough for the task and I see the killing coming mostly from your sisters and things which will deny them armour saves (which you have little of). IMO you should highten the amount of these weapons or sisters with "divine guidance"

Adding to the army (up to 1000pts):

IMO it would be best to get rid of the arbites squad and add an exorcist, heavy bolter retributors and some seraphim if you can fit them in or a combination of two of the three mentioned. Each adds an element of support, anti-tank and moblity which hightens your lists current ability.

If you don't want sisters then two armoued fist gaurdsmen and a leman russ, this also follows your armies mech scheme and adds long range support and anti-tank (though I don't know how much they cost, you may need to dump some wargear - plasma pistols, digital weapons, power weapon, henchmen, inferno pistol and maybe the callidus is what I propose)

Lastly for something closer to the codex you could add a squadron of pentitant engines and some arco-flaggellants and give your existing squads meltagun and hunter killer missles. The also focus's on anti-tank but also the close combat aspect too.
    Last edited by Heiromyo; February 25th, 2006 at 12:13.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I lost. Mostly because my brother is a rules-butchering, arrogant and argumentative jerk who didn't show me his army list but I'm overly certain he took 200-300 more points than I did. I should really stop these friendly games.

The inquisitor did nothing.
    My Callidus was taken out by a squad of 10 guardsmen.
    My arbites and ISTs managed to take out a total of 7 marines (not worth it).
    My sisters got tied up for 4 turns by -1- Assault marine (through some hideous rules butchery on his part).

Summary: I need more sisters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait he had marines and guardsmen in the same army?

unless they were grey knights that in itself is illegal and as he had assaultmarines and gk don't......
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

+ Reply to Thread