1850 Imperial Fists 1st and 10th Company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

1850 Imperial Fists 1st and 10th Company

This is not an army I ever plan to take.

Rather its just a thought experiment to see what could be done using Captain Lysander's ability to have all the deep striking terminators in his army come down in the same turn, but still have an army that could win battles. Its not a very large list and it has anti-tank weaknesses and there is a fair amount of min/maxing going on.

However, with the combination of Lysander's ability and infiltrating scouts with teleport homers, you can basically pick your position well when the terminators come in and hopefully destroy a good section of your opponents army cut off from the rest of his/her forces.

I don't really like the all the eggs in one basket command squad but in HtH it should be fairly dangerous. I gave it heavy flamers instead of assault cannons for three reasons:

1. I like heavy flamers because they kill horde armies well, are cheap and look cool.

2. There are two many assault cannons as it is in most SM lists.

3. Since Lysander needs to get into Hth, his squad will Deep strike the closest to the enemy units unlike the other terminator squads which might choose to stay around 24" away if facing a dangerous hth opponent so heavy flamers are a good choice.

The Whirlwinds are in there to:

1.Kill hordes.

2. Be something (safely) firing at the enemy while the scouts are hiding, waiting for the Terminators.

3. Be set up on opposite sides of the deployment zone to encourage the enemy to divide their forces attempting to kill both, leading to the Terminators being able to DS near one half and destroy it piecemeal.

While I accept that is this army will be outnumbered, outgunned and often out HtHed by an enemy army, hopefully as stated above they will only have to really fight one half of an enemy army at a time and at this they should do fine.

The Librarian is a bit of an extravagance. I probably would do better with just more terminators, but I never like giving up a I5 IC model if I can help it and giving an extra D3 attacks to Lysander with that nice hammer of his should be pretty dangerous while not spectacular.

HQ (565 points)

Captain Lysander:Terminator Armour, Storm Shield,Fist of Dorn

1 Codicier(Joined to command squad):Terminator Armour, Storm Bolter, Psychic Hood, Force Weapon, Might of Heroes
    6 Terminator Command Squad: 2 Heavy Flamers

ELITES (720 points)

5 Terminators:2 Assault Cannons

TROOPS (392 points)

5 Scouts:CCW/Bolt Pistols, Veteran Sergeant, Teleport Homer, Power Fist

HEAVY SUPPORT (170)

1 Whirlwind

1 Whirlwind

As stated above, this is just a thought experiment, but feel free to tell me why this wouldn't work.

Last edited by Grey; February 26th, 2006 at 16:20.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I have also thought about creating an all out termie-scouts Imperial Fist army with Lysander. However, maybe one or two anihilators would be good - like in 2k points, you could easely fit one in...
    Blood Angels
    Tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Well it would be very difficult to defeat a fast army. When you play one you will see them zoom past your scouts annialating them with shooting. then when they close with your whirlwind they will be toast. When the terminators come down true you will be attacking the enemy one your terms however your army will come down in waves and because of this you will find that you are always outnumbered outgunned and even outdone in close combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Well it would be very difficult to defeat a fast army. When you play one you will see them zoom past your scouts annialating them with shooting. then when they close with your whirlwind they will be toast. When the terminators come down true you will be attacking the enemy one your terms however your army will come down in waves and because of this you will find that you are always outnumbered outgunned and even outdone in close combat. Use a dread and some tactical marines will save you some points 5 termi squads is a little overdoing it.

I want to appologize for the double post can a mod please take care of this. ( I hate these blasted touchpads. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

There are no waves.

All the deep strikers come down at once.

That's the point of taking Lysander.

Yes, this list would have trouble with a fast list, especially since the fast list could respond quickly to the deep strikers.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

+ Reply to Thread