hey my army ISN'T WINNING ALL THE TIME - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey my army ISN'T WINNING ALL THE TIME

hey my army is

Epistolary
    viel of time
    fury of ancients
    storm bolter
    termie honors

Command squad 5
    melta
    champion
    apothecary w/comabt shield
    standard w/combat shield
    sergent power fist
    termie honors for all 45( not for melta)

Tac squad 7
    heavy bolter

tac squad 7
    lascannon
    plasma gun

assault squad 9
    no jump packs
    melta
    sergent w/ honors power wepon plasma pistol

dev squad 6
    plasma cannon x 2

will this list might be small and slow it has proven it's worth for me

wat i usually do is start my army entirly in cover and slowly creep my cc squads closer al the while my tac squads bringing down chunks of men afterwards either my cc squads move and assault or get in peoples way to delay them or in my Com squads case annilate them

thanx in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Err, for one the command squad is illegal, if you buy T. honours for the sqaud (after the sergeant) you have to give it to everyone, not the ones you want ( so the melta needs it).

The reason you are losing is because of a few things:-

1) The assault squad is useless without jump packs, that basically why you buy them.
    2) you are seriously light on anti-tank, give the dev. squad missile launchers.
    3) The command squad is a serious points drain,lose it and give the librarian a jump pack.

With the spare points add at least one dreadnaught and either a predator or 3 land speeder tornados.

As a whle that list isn't that great, it could do with a bit if work to make it a power list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sry just noticed the termie honor thing however i am probably gonna keep them but i think i might get ride of the ternie honors and lower the lib to a codicier which should give me enough points for a landspeeder tornado

i also have plans to increase this amry to 1500 by adding a dread 2 landspeesders
    ( or three) for speed a whirlwind and a tac squad in razorback for tank huntinwould tihs do to blance it out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Dude nobody wins every game it is impossible you know the whole dice rolling thing. Now just think if every one can roll 6 or 1 whenevery you want then everyone would just use one super commander or just a scout squad.

As for the list give the assault squad jetpacks

Get some landspeeders (tornado preferably)

And the command squad may look cool but isnt very effective expecially how you have it.
    Now if the army isn't winning, understandable, how has it proven its worth to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your list sucks balls. YOu just have a bunch of worthless squads and no way to take out big stuff. Make your "devatators" have 4 missiles, not two! plasma cannons. Tool up your tac squads with a vet. and fist every squad. Drop your command squad, or tool them up with all jump packs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x1)

The main thing I don't understand about this thread is the title. Why pick that as your cry for help? If you had an army list that won every game regardless of opponent, logically it would appear that you would have completely mastered every aspect of that army as far as tactics improvisation and deployment go. Therefore, it would appear that you would have nothing more to gain from said army and should probably change armies since the current one you play can't offer you any stimulus since piloting it has become almost second nature. In short, you dont want to win every game you play or else the game wont be fun or fufilling for you anymore.

Anywho, onto the list. You have 1 lascannon and and more plasma than I can shake a stick at. Plasma guns are used most effectively in IG armies where your base trooper costs about half of a SM guy. If any of your plasmas overheat and kill their bearer you will have wasted a chunk of points. That being said, I'll agree with everyone else, ditch that command squad. It might be nice to look at but it just isnt spectacularly effective for the points and you could use the points you save to purchase some vehicles which is very important if you want to get this list to work as an effective 1500 pt list. Don't take a dev squad with plasma as it is just a waste of pts. Instead better options are Lascannons, Heavy bolters, or for a more take all comers list missle launchers. The thing that makes me recommend missle launchers over las and heavy bolters is that since you can either drop an almost HB strength blast (in terms of wounds it can deal) or and almost Lascannon strength AV shot. I'm not saying don't take lascannons(only dev weapon that can penetrate AC14) or heavy bolters(the best choice for mushing eldar aspect warriors) but for a base list try to start with missle launchers and as you expand to more points you can start choosing specialized dev squads for crowd control or tank hunting. For vehicles I'd recommend starting out with at least a dreadnought w/ assault cannon. Then depending on your gaming circle either a predator if people come with lots of armor or a squadron of land speeder tornadoes if people have more hordish style armies. Hope this helps, and remember to have fun! :yes:
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left" Bertrand Russell

We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

W/D/L
    Eldar: 3-3-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by northoceanbeach
    Your list sucks balls.
    ::sarcasm::Thanks for your constructive criticism it was very helpful ::sarcasm::
    I'm sure if you ever posted an army list on this website and someone said something similar to you, you would immediately be put on the defensive and want to fight back. Thats how flame wars get started, so please in the future don't bother including your negative opinion. This person obviously knows his list needs work thats why he posted it here, he doesnt need you to tell him it "sucks balls." Grow up.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left" Bertrand Russell

We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

W/D/L
    Eldar: 3-3-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Alright Amishcellphone, there are enough members out there to see a post like that get the justice it deserves so don't jump the riegns..yet.

hero, northoceanbeach is right in the aspect that this list sucks. I can easily see any army walking all over a list like this. (especially Saim Hann eldar and tau with some railguns.)
    That and to your topic title I have a single word to say to it: good... [Its not about winning, its about having fun, and having someone utterly crush you isn't fun at all.]

The list itself is all over the place, the squad with a heavy bolter looks like it might be anti-horde but one HB ain't cuttin it.

The cannons on the devies are risking two lives for some blast markers getting two or three models max. (cause your not gonna be playing where squads are packed tightly together.)

The assault marines are easy pickings, only getting to run half the distance they need to suffer fewer losses and get that much closer to combat.

The librarian is all over the place, honours for another attack but the storm bolter for some more shots. Not to mention he is a very big, easy to kill, expensive target with 3 wounds at T4.

Amishcellphone, Deek, and The_Outsider, you guys are doin a good enough job helpin hero out with makin the list better so I leave that advice in your hands.:yes:

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can't tell a guy his list sucks balls anymore....ok...well

If I were you I would first start at my HQ. You want a librarian with veil of time? Good choice. Let's not have him waste his time shooting a storm bolter. Let's make him a CC beast. Give him Term. honours, a jump pack so he get's where he needs to go. And you know that veil let's him reroll everything, so how a bout, no not how about, give him an Iron Halo so he's rerolling a 4+ invul.

Now if you want to give him a command squad, I think you should, but as small as possible, and with all jump pack and one power fist.

Now for your tacticle squads, I like your 7 man idea, give them all veteran sergeants with a power fist, and a missile launcher.

Everyone is taking minimum 3 land speeder tornadoes these days, yet you didn't list any. hmm, is that because you think you are better than everyone else? Or perhaps since they cost almost 50 bucks a poece these days you don't have any. understandable, if you have some include them. If you don't let's use that fast attack slot for your assault squad. Make them 7 man in accordance with your theme, and give the vet. sergeant a power fist, and give them all jump packs. rhinos are rubbish, you need the speed.

I think you need two heavy squads, one that is flexible to take out troops or any kine vehicles, so make it 7 man, which is a good number for a dev. squad, still in your theme, no vet. sergeant here, and four missile launchers.
    your other should prolly be a predator. all lascannons, for stronger heavy vehicle busting, but if you're feeling risky and frisky, take a demolisher, you'll have heavily armoured opponents losing their mud. oh you got terminators, nope not anymore. takes out any vehicle, and can move and shoot a bit these days.

good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I won't go as far as sucking balls no matter how funny that was, but your list is poorly organized. I'll make some suggestions of things you can do with the models you have...

First off, your units should have even numbers for victory point purposes except for command squads because the HQ counts towards the total model count. Another thing I see and don't like is the number of units you have...5 and 2 of them are CC orientated foot-sloggers.

My first recommendation would be to get your assaulty units into CC ASAP, so give that uber yet small command squad infiltrate and frags, it just makes sense. In fact, loose at least 2 marines from your assault squad and add them to the command squad. More surviveability for the points you are dishing out. And make your librarian more effective in CC, a storm bolter...come on. There are countless threads on here that you can search to equip him properly. And you can't have a melta in an assault squad.... Argh, here:

Epistolary : use the search to see how to equip him for CC

Command squad 7
    - melta
    - champion
    - apothecary w/comabt shield & BP
    - standard w/combat shield & BP
    - vet. sergeant with power fist & BP
    - 2 marines with BP & CCW
    - frags & infiltrate

Tac squad 8
    - marine with heavy bolter
    - 7 marines with bolters

tac squad 6
    - 4 marines with bolters
    - marine with lascannon
    - marine with plasma gun

assault squad 8 // add at least one marine here
    - sergent w/ honors power wepon & plasma pistol
    - 2 marines with plasma pistols & CCW
    - 5 marines with BP & CCW
    - remove jump packs

dev squad 6
    plasma cannon x 2

There, that isn't a big change and your list isn't much better but this is how to fix what you have. Time to break off some guns and arms and go through your spare bits. Since you are giving your command squad t.honors I think you could give them jump packs, but wow, what a waste of points especially for such a small force.
    Last edited by white_consulate; March 1st, 2006 at 18:23.
    ...and you will know my name is the lord, when I strike down my vengence upon thee...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast