1800 Termie theme - advice>? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1800 Termie theme - advice>?

Hq-
    Commander - Bike, Artificer armour, Pwrsword, Teleport Homer - 145

Elites-
    6x Terminator squad - 2x assault cannons - 280
    6x Terminator squad - 2x assault cannons - 280
    5x Terminator Squad- 2x cyclone Missle L., Tank Hunters - 265

Troops-
    10x Scouts/Boltguns- Vet Sgt w/Term. H. PwrFst/bolt pistol, Hvy Bolter, Teleport H. -168
    10x Scouts/Boltguns- Vet Sgt w/Term. H. PwrFst/bolt pistol, Hvy Bolter, Teleport H. -168

Fst Attack-
    Landspeeder- Multi-Melta -65

Hvy Support-
    Whirlwind - 85
    Whirlwind - 85

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

Again I don't really like the landspeeders the way they are, but that could be based on my personal likings.
    One thing definitely: give your HQ the option to join one of your squads! The way he is now, he can't. This means he will be dead most surely before anything else. He is not immune to instant kill, and a HQ that doesn't hide among a unit it a grateful target for any laser cannon, missile launcher, whatever. There go many, many points down the drain. Be careful there!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

cosider playing Deathwing
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hq-
    Captain- Terminator Armour, Stormbolter, Pwr sword -105
    4x Terminator command- 2x cyclone Missle L., Tank hunters- 225

Elites-
    6x Terminator squad - 2x assault cannons - 240
    6x Terminator squad - 2x assault cannons - 240
    Vunearable Dreadnought - TLLC, Missle L., Smoke, -168 -648

Troops-
    10x Scouts/Boltguns- Vet Sgt w/Term. H. PwrFst/bolt pistol, Hvy Bolter, Teleport H. -168 504

Fst Attack-
    Landspeeder Tornado - 80

Hvy Support-
    Whirlwind - 85
    Whirlwind - 85 -170

How Bout tHis LIST?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Dread has Tank hunters aswell

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

I like it a LOT better!

Give your pretty shooty Dreadnought Tank Hunters, though, as has been already suggested, and also some extra armor.

And personally I don't like those scouts. Seems they can't decide exactly what function they will pursue on the battle-field. They are a bit too much all-round to be effective (or let's say point-efficient). They look a bit like pretty expensive cannon fodder to me.
    I understand you want infiltrating units with teleport homers, probably they look like this because you want them to handle any immediate threat until reinforcements are available? If that's your goal then maybe switch the heavy bolters to missile launchers. To some extent they will keep their horde killing capacity but on the other hand you will have something against armor - be it troops with a 3+ save or a tank.
    Maybe some of the more experienced can give you advice on how to solve this scout problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, i love scouts and the new models, However i hated the heads they came with so i bought the forge world cadain heads with respirators and put them on the scouts so they look unbelievably cool. I look at scouts as Stormtroopers that for 3 extra points gain the infiltrate, and get +1 strenght, toughness, weapon skill, and initiative and their gun gets + strength and 5 AP. all that for 2 more points. Cant go wrong in my opinion. The pwr fist is incase of Monstrous creatures and the like and the heavy bolter + the numbers they add to the army is in my opinion vital to surviving horde armies. Plus if the scouts are targeted that means that the terminators are not bieng targeted, and if the termies are getting pummeled then the scouts will be able to rain fire down. Also if i am Deepstriking the Termies and speeder. I will only have to place The whirlwinds out of line of sight and the dread and The enemy will have to set up his whole army before the scouts have to be deployed giving me power to Formulate a strategy and see where weekness lies in the enemies positions.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by blackschizm
    Honestly, i love scouts and the new models, However i hated the heads they came with so i bought the forge world cadain heads with respirators and put them on the scouts so they look unbelievably cool. I look at scouts as Stormtroopers that for 3 extra points gain the infiltrate, and get +1 strenght, toughness, weapon skill, and initiative and their gun gets + strength and 5 AP. all that for 2 more points. Cant go wrong in my opinion. The pwr fist is incase of Monstrous creatures and the like and the heavy bolter + the numbers they add to the army is in my opinion vital to surviving horde armies. Plus if the scouts are targeted that means that the terminators are not bieng targeted, and if the termies are getting pummeled then the scouts will be able to rain fire down. Also if i am Deepstriking the Termies and speeder. I will only have to place The whirlwinds out of line of sight and the dread and The enemy will have to set up his whole army before the scouts have to be deployed giving me power to Formulate a strategy and see where weekness lies in the enemies positions.
    Yes, but you must consider that your placing the backbone for your army on those 'storm troops' where in an IG army, they are 80 plus dudes backing them up, and with 3 massive tanks drawling increadable firepower.

First of all, anything a scout can do, a marine can do better, except use a sniper rifle, (which isnt very good anyway) Now, for only 5 points your upgrading your storm trooper with plus one to every state catagory, and you get a way better weapon. (and with cleanse and purrify, you have the same weapon selections)

So basically, youve sent a boy to do a mans job. Peace

S_Q
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt the usefullness of the bolter scouts...
    Squads bringing a homer into battle are better of with bp/ccw, because they will be in ccb anyways, bringing forward the terminators.

My personal advise:
    bp/ccw scouts > 10 men
    bolter scouts > 6 men

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Drop the cyclones on the command squad- you are better off with a/cannons.

All you need now is Lysander to guarantee all your deepstrikers arrive in one go and you are away :shifty: !!!

For me I would get rid of a Whirlwind and get another landspeeder instead- those mobile a/cannons are a real treat.

Have fun

Zuriel
    Keeper of the Dark Fortress
    Member of the Inner Circle
    Current armies: Deathwing and Grey Knights (I'd have more if my wife would let me)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast