[1500] Daemonhunters All Comers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member JuliusGaiusCaesar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] Daemonhunters All Comers

HQ
    GKGM-mastercrafted NFW
    4 GKT

Elites
    =][=
    Plasma Cannon servitor
    2 sages

Eversor Assassin

Troops
    6 IST
    2 plasma guns

5 IST 2 melta guns
    Rhino- extra armor, smoke launchers

Fast Attack
    9 Grey Knights
    -psycannon
    -meltabombs on justicar

8 Grey Knights
    -meltabombs on justicar

Heavy Support
    Dreadnought
    TLLC

Dreadnought
    TLLC

1500 pts
    Model Count-41
    HQ-23%
    Elites-12%
    Troops-14%
    Fast Attack-32%
    Heavy Support-17%

This is a new type of list for me, as I've never used IST with meltaguns. I pla on using this for a games day preview this saturday since this list I think is stable, ad only forces me to paint a couple more things before then.

Et imperator Invocato Diabolus Daemonica Exorcist!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x1)

I recommend dropping a psycannon on your one PAGK squad and bringing the other to 10 man strong. Giving a PAGK an incinerator or psycannon is almost always a bad idea.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left" Bertrand Russell

We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

W/D/L
    Eldar: 3-3-1

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

Your IST plasma squad might be a bit small for a stand and shoot squad. If they take three casulaties they are already taking a moral test. A couple more troops would give the unit more resilince to fire.

Extra Armor and Smoke Launchers are an absolute must on ALL armor. You also might want to consider the missle launcher upgrade for your dreads, it gives them a bit more armor poping power.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Pretty much what they said; try and squeeze another 2 ISTs into the plasma squad, they're a bit squishy to have so low a model count.

Turning your dreads into good old TLLC/ML models couldn't hurt but with your mounted IST melta squad I can't really see that you'd need to, although in my eyes TLLC/CCW dreads are a bit confused and confusing. Extra Armour and smoke launchers are a must though, if you do nothing else then make sure both of your dreads have both of those things. If you're struggling for points then try having a 3-man retinue for your GKGM, a GM can manage fine with 3 Termies.

As far as your GKs are concerned there's a few things you could do; take the psycannon off the 9-man FAGK squad and have 2 9-man FAGK squads deep striking, or, if you're deploying the 8-man squad normally as some people tend to do, maybe consider giving them the psycannon and leaving your 9-man squad as deep strike. DSing squads count as having moved on the turn they arrive so they're not going to get the full benefit of the psycannon's range, whereas having it on a footslogging unit will allow them to sit for a turn and pound away with it. However, having a squad of GKs standing and shooting is a big old waste of points tbqh. Personally I'd go with the 2 9-man squads DSing and leave the psycannon alone; 38 bolters shots wtf oh no I appear to have lost my HQ.

+ Reply to Thread