1500 Deathwing - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 Deathwing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Deathwing

So I'm new here, a refugee from 'another 40k forum', currently down. I play a large DA army, and am just completing a small deathwing force. This is the current incarnation:

Codicier w/ FotD

4 man Command squad w/ 2x heavy flamers, 1x chainfist, drop pod

Dread w/ ML, LC, exA

Dread w/ AC, DCCW, HF, Ven, FA, smoke, exA

5 man Termie squad w/ 2x AC, 1x chainfist

5 man Termie squad w/ 2x AC, 1x chainfist

5 man Termie squad w/ 2x CML, tank hunters

Usual opponets are tau and eldar (various flavours). I know most DW guys don't go with the flamers, but I like them and I fancied some variety. Plus GW in it's infinite wisdom doesn't give you enough ACs in the box set. My main decisions are how to configure the dreads and whether to power up the lib some. I'm around 6 points under I think.

Comments welcome.

(hello there rogue-angel, btw)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Looks good, couple things though:

The non-venerable dreadnought should be venerable, with tank hunters. For 170 pts, it really gets its job done.

The venerable dreadnough should be non-venerable. I've found that dreads are more vulnerable to shootinng than assault, so the shooty one, which also happens to be the one that benefits the most from the venerable skill, should have it. It's a good idea to have dreads as either of the following:

Venerable dread, TLLC, ML, extra armour, tank hunter, 170 pts
    or
    Dreadnought, extra armour, drop pod, 140 pts

The other thing I would change in your list would be to drop chainfists and give the command squad assault cannons instead of heavy flamers. They aren't as effective as heavy flamers against swarms, but if you're scattered more than 10" from where you wanted to land, assault cannons will do better. But if you can land up close and personal, heavy flamers are fine, if that's what you like.

And if you're interested, you might want to join the Dark Angels clan, the Order of the White Sword, in the clubs and clans section. Rogue-angel is in it.

Cheers,
    Ezekiel1990

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried the dreads both ways - didn't seem to be much in it. Only had a couple of games with this list though, so still finding out what works. The ven on the shooty dread would definitely help vs my tau opponents though. Also tried podding an 'off the peg' dread, no upgrades, which worked great but didn't show up until turn 5. One of those things I suppose.

Love the podded command squad. Last game I made an entire flank of tau run with FotD. They didn't last long after that though, hence I'm not too bothered about totally optimised weaponry. I get accusations of cheese if I field too many ACs anyway, and I want this army to be totally wysiwyg and I don't have enough ACs. You think leave the libby the way he is?

Senior Member Librarian Augustine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

It would appear Ezekiel is trying to steal my recruiting business. I would leave the libby the way he is. That is quite and effecticve combonation.

+ Reply to Thread