Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hi, here is what i got the final with at a recent 1500 comp in our local GW.
Jump-pack, evis, plasma pistol, cloak
Jump-pack, evis, bolt pistol, cloak
melta, heavy flamer, 7xbolters
vss with bolter, power weapon
Rhino, ea, smoke
melta, heavy flamer, 6xbolters, imagifier, priest
vss with bolter, power weapon
2 hand flamers, x5 bolt pistols, vss plasma an evis
Ok i know 2 canonesses is a bit much but it was never a problem with my playing buddies.
I beat 3 people to make the final, much to everyones amazment! I even beat the Eldar player who went on to the final as highest placed loser, who then beat me in the final, damn!
The stars of the show, well wait for it..............................hang on you tell me, what do you think worked better than i could have hoped for. Took out squads, tooled up ork warboss and iron warrior lord.
Great news. Excellent to hear!
Now don't give this away just yet. This will be fun to guess.
Some preliminary comments:
It's not your typical competitive list.
- I've often thought about splitting 6 Arcos into 2 squads of 3, so long as there's an extra Elite Slot. Targeting become smore difficullt, so I say good choice. I recall having swept a Necron squad with just 2 Arcos, so I bet yours must have done something important. Their T5 and Invulnerable 4 means that only 2 of them can be a huge problem in CC.
- Very efficient, yet effective points-expenditure.
- Both Cannonesses probably played very aggressively and died.
- The Seraphim probably got engaged and wore themselves out in CC.
- Theoretically, the P-Engine should have been somewhat of a weight dragging your army down, but something tells me that it was your Most Valuable (single) Player.
- If the Cannonesses, the Seraphim, and the Arcos were all as aggressive as I think they were, it is possible that you kept your opponents busy enough in CC that the PE was able to jump onto the CC pile and do its thing.
A big danger with this list is running out of scoring units. The Jumpers, the Arcos and the Engine are all diving into CC. Exorcists attract a lot of fire and usually get popped, leaving your not-extremely-rugged squads of 10 sisters to try and live through the game to be scoring units at the end.
2 squads of sisters can probably stay in the game and score, since they have power armor and faith, but it's cutting it close, but these kind of risks are how games are won.
ORDER OF BATTLE
- I am guessing that your jumpers initiated CC, and managed to stall long enough to get your Arcos ane PE into CC, and long enough to get your Sisters into optimal firing position.
Last edited by Red Zinfandel; March 21st, 2006 at 23:07.
Originally Posted by Red Zinfandel
OMG!!!!!! were you there? Where you that fly on the wall? I bow to you in humble submission! You have understood well, what went on!
The mission was take and hold, i ran my pe straight down the throat of his seer council, killing 2 and holding them in combat for 2 turns! The jump-pack Canonesses did indeed work hard (in the final) killing 2 Vypers, an entire d cannon squad (in the last turn sadly) and tying up a wraithlord for 3 turns. The final was the only game where my excorsists did practically nothing, which cost me dear!
In the end, i had one squad of sisters within 12'' of the centre, i had an under half squad of seraphin 2'' away from the centre and a full squad of sisters causing mayhem down the left flank, they were in the rhino, my idea was for them to run round the outside and crash into the d-cannons. Hoping he would pick out my cannonesses, arcos, instead.
But yes my arco's split into two squads work really well. Down the flanks, 6'' apart, they have to be shot at, and being two small squads if you get one squad there is still another to contend with.
They killed 7 guardians, with only two wounds for me to save, ha i thought, even if i fail one, the other will race into said d-cannons. I rolled a 1 an 3. Damn it! But for the whole comp, they were simply amazing. I will try and increase them to 3 squads of 3!!
They will be back though!, But nice work Red, very nice!
Last edited by Zenziller; March 22nd, 2006 at 09:58.
Why thank you, but I'm just the Monday Morning Quarterback.Originally Posted by Zenziller
You were the one who did it.
Tell us about your other 2 games when you have time. It's very rare that you hear about Arcos. I think its because they're a bit too much of a risk at 1500.