2000 points of Grenadiers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

2000 points of Grenadiers

HQ
    Senior oficer - plasma pistol, power weapon, crimson talisman
    4 guards - 2 meltas, medpack, regimental standard

Elite
    5 Ogryns with Bone head(power weapon)
    all in chimera(Multi-Laser, Heavy Bolter, Smoke Launchers, Camouflage Netting, Searchlight
    all in chimera(Multi-Laser, Heavy Bolter, Smoke Launchers, Camouflage Netting, Searchlight

Troops
    comisar with bolt pistol and power weapon (joins one storm trooper squad)
    10 stormtroopers(Meltagun, plasma gun) with sergeant(power weapon)
    10 stormtroopers(Meltagun, plasma gun) with sergeant(power weapon) allied regiment
    10 stormtroopers(Meltagun, plasma gun) with sergeant(power weapon) allied regiment
    Infantry HQ junior oficer with boltpistol
    4 guards (2 plasma guns)
    10 man infantry squad(melagun and missile luncher) with sergeant

Heavy
    Leman russ - Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter, 2 Heavy Bolters, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers, Camouflage Netting, Searchlight
    Leman russ - Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter, 2 Heavy Bolters, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers, Camouflage Netting, Searchlight
    Basilisk - indirect fire

Suggestions are more then welcome...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

First of all , good to see a list . Secondly though, it would be nice to see points per squad (not upgrade or model, but a total for each squad) so people know how much you've put in to see how much they will think you will get out of a particular unit.

Quote Originally Posted by WraithGuardian
    HQ
    Senior oficer - plasma pistol, power weapon, crimson talisman
    4 guards - 2 meltas, medpack, regimental standard
    I'm assuming you mean Medallion Crimson? Also, I'd drop the Vet. upgrade and the medkit to put a Psyker in here. They aren't great, but the 1 wound of padding will help more than to reroll the occasional 5+ save you're allowed to make IMO. And on the offchance you get a decent power, all the better. Also, if using meltas why no chimera? You will hardly ever get to use them. I'd switch them to a mortar if you want to go for a leadership role (in which case drop the leader down to a junior or up to a HSO, in between doesn't work well for leadership) or pump it upto 2 plasmas and keep the medic to help you on any 'Gets Hot!' rolls.

Elite
    OK, Bone 'Eads can't take power weapons unfortunately as they are not Officers, Commissars, Rough Rider or Storm Trooper Seargents. Also, the Camo Netting might prove useful on a transport, so you can keep them on the path you want but I'd probably ditch the Searchlights. Yeah they are only 2pts, but 2pts that will light you up like a Christmas tree to enemy fire and could be used to buy...say...a bolt pistol here and there?

Troops
    comisar with bolt pistol and power weapon (joins one storm trooper squad)
    Infantry HQ junior oficer with boltpistol
    4 guards (2 plasma guns)
    As you didn't list your Doctrines I'm assuming you didn't take Independent Commissars, in which case they must be assigned to squads in a certain order. In this case he would be put in your HQ Command Squad. Also, I'd recommend a power fist over a power weapon, as I3 isn't outstanding so dropping to 1 isn't a huge deal and gives you alot more killing power. In the Grenadier Squads, if you aren't going to deep strike or infiltrate them or give them a chimera then drop the meltas for the reason above and replace them with a Grenade launcher for versatility or a flamer if you're expecting horde armies or infiltrating armies. As for the Infantry Platoon...if you take the Grenadier Doctrine you don't *have* to take one, so if you do give them a clearly defined roll...the mixture of a melta gun in here with no transport and a heavy weapon give odd signals.

Heavy
    Basilisk - indirect fire

Suggestions are more then welcome...
    Extra Armor might sound good for a big ol' battle tank, but all it helps with is mobility, I would probably drop these or spend them on chimeras on other units. Here I can respect the Camo Netting and Searchlight if you don't mind drawing alot of fire to your tanks in a night fight.

Overall it's not a bad list...but I think the prevalence of melta guns was a miscalculation. Meltaguns are to be used *very* specifically. To kill vehicles. That's about it. If you don't have some kind of way to get those meltaguns within a few inches of a vehicle without dying, spend the points on something else. Also, even if you do take the means to get to a vehicle, you only need a few in an army to be effective. I would definately rethink this.

If you want a shooty Command Squad grab 2 plasma guns and a medic, or if you are planning to hang back take a mortar (cheap and effective) and a banner or vox. If you want a shooty infantry squad take a grenade launcher and missile launcher (cheap and can pack a punch) or a plasma gun and a lascannon (for vehicles and high armor units).

Lastly your storm troopers NEED some movement, that is what they are best at! Take some as elites instead of troops and deep strike or infiltrate, and put some chimeras with the troop ones. I'd keep maybe 2 of the melta guns max and would replace the others with grenade launchers or flamers depending on what you're expecting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Darguth has covered off an awful lot, I would revamp based on that.

The one thing he did miss is:

Read the grenedier doctrine again - there is a limit to the number of stormtroopers you can take as troops and you have exceeded it, therefore the army is currently illegal

Sort based on that and what Darguth gave you and we will have a better start
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine
    Darguth has covered off an awful lot, I would revamp based on that.

The one thing he did miss is:

Read the grenedier doctrine again - there is a limit to the number of stormtroopers you can take as troops and you have exceeded it, therefore the army is currently illegal

Sort based on that and what Darguth gave you and we will have a better start
    You know, I saw that and I'm just not sure why I didn't type it, thanks for making sure someone said it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

I heard something about the ability to take two allied regiments not necesarily from IG, for example eldar army with harlequins. I didnt get a chance to research it but I thought you could take 3 elite storm troopers, 3 troops with doctorine and 2 additional as allied regiment, correct me if I misunderstood this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by WraithGuardian
    I heard something about the ability to take two allied regiments not necesarily from IG, for example eldar army with harlequins. I didnt get a chance to research it but I thought you could take 3 elite storm troopers, 3 troops with doctorine and 2 additional as allied regiment, correct me if I misunderstood this...
    If you wanted to you could take the Grenadiers Doctrine giving you 0-3 of them as Troops Choices and then you could take 0-2 from either of the Inquisitor armies (Demonhunters and/or Witch Hunters) for a total of 0-7 units as troop choices and 0-3 as Elites. However *if* you are going to do that kind of thing, you need to put that at the top of your list when you post it so people know that you are doing it

Also if you do decide to take Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, remember that you use the rules from the other codices for them. They are similar to our, but not identical (notably they can take Rhinos and the Vet. Sg. uses different wargear options)
    Last edited by Darguth; March 23rd, 2006 at 22:55.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

This is revised, I think its perfect, correct me if I am wrong...

Restricted Troops: Storm Trooper Squads
    Restricted Troops: Ogryn Squads
    Skills and Drills: Close Order Drill
    Alternate Organizations: Grenadiers
    One free Slot

HQ(153)
    Heroic Senior Officer – Power Sword, Medallion Crimson (90)
    Sanctioned Psyker
    4 Guards - 2 Plasma guns, Master vox, Medic

Elite(634)
    10 Karskins(2 Meltaguns and vox) with veteran sergeant(power weapon) (136)
    5 Ogryns with Bone head (285)
    all in chimera(Multi-Laser, Heavy Bolter, Smoke Launchers, Camouflage Netting (89)
    5 Ogryns with Bone head (285)
    all in chimera(Multi-Laser, Heavy Bolter, Smoke Launchers, Camouflage Netting (89)

Troops(76
    10 Karskins(2 Grenade Lunchers and vox) with veteran sergeant(power weapon) (132)
    10 Karskins(2 Grenade Lunchers and vox) with veteran sergeant(power weapon) (132)
    Infantry Junior Oficer(Power weapon, bolt pistol, Honorifica) (102)
    4 guards(4 Grenade lunchers)
    10 man infantry unit(Grenade luncher and missile luncher and vox) with sergeant(8
    10 man infantry unit(Grenade luncher and missile luncher and vox) with sergeant(8

Heavy(445)
    Leman russ - Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter, 2 Heavy Bolters, Smoke Launchers, Camouflage Netting, Searchlight(160)
    Leman russ - Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter, 2 Heavy Bolters, Smoke Launchers, Camouflage Netting, Searchlight(160)
    Basilisk - indirect fire(125)

Any Comments ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

That aint bad at all, my chief gripe is about the effectiveness of stormies, otherwise pretty solid
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread