2000 points army: Daemonhunter with Witchhunter allies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 points army: Daemonhunter with Witchhunter allies

HQ

Grey Knight Grand Master (Holocoust + Psycannon bolts) = 175
    4 Terminator (1 with psycannon) = 209

Canoness (Plasma Pistol + Power Weapon + power armor + cloak of st. aspiria) = 100

Troops :

Ordo Malleus Inquisitorial Storm Troopers 8 (meltagun + plasma ) = 100
    Rhino (Psycannon bolts + Smoke Launcher ) = 63

Sisters of Battle 9+1(veteran superior) (Meltagun + Stormbolter ) = 140
    Rhino (Psycannon bolts + Smoke Launcer) = 63

Fast Attack :

Grey Knights 9+1 (justicar) (Incinerator + Psycannon) = 290

Seraphim Squad 6+1 (superior) (1 twin flamer) = 171

Heavy Assault

Grey Knight Land Raider Crusader = 255

Grey Knight Land Raider = 250

Total: 1979
    Models in the army : 54

This army will be gathered in a long term so it'll be a descision for me on how to continiue. I already started with some models.
    Questions:
    1-) Is this army legal?
    2-) Should I change anything?
    3-)Two LRC or one LRC one LR or none of them?
    4-)If I took out something what should I add for replacement?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Grey Knight Grand Master (Holocoust + Psycannon bolts) = 175
    4 Terminator (1 with psycannon) = 209
    I'd say that the Psycannon Bolts are a waste really. If you want a better gun, give him an actual Psycannon.

Sisters of Battle 9+1(veteran superior) (Meltagun + Stormbolter ) = 140
    Rhino (Psycannon bolts + Smoke Launcer) = 63
    Can't use Psycannon Bolts here for two reasons: 1) they're marked as "For GK Vehicles Only", and 2) Allied units do NOT share armouries, so even if Psycannon Bolts were alright for DH IST to use, WH are a different army and wouldn't have access.

Never mix & match IST special weapons - go with 2x melta in one and 2x plasma in the other. Not sure why the SoB have an anti-tank meltagun and an anti-infantry stormbolter - dual-purpose units in 40k are never as effective at anything as single-purpose units.

Grey Knights 9+1 (justicar) (Incinerator + Psycannon) = 290
    Same as with the IST, I'd suggest not mixing special weapons. Aside from their decreased effectiveness, consider the cost you're paying for these two weapons and the unit's purpose, which is to get into melee asap. You're paying DOUBLE a normal GK for the psycannon GK, and in the process losing all of his combat abilities. My general rule is no psycannons and no more than one incinerator in a FAGK unit.

Seraphim Squad 6+1 (superior) (1 twin flamer) = 171
    Seraphim have the ability to be fast anti-tank AND secondary assault in a DH army if you give them inferno pistols instead of hand flamers. Then you could swap the weapon choices of the other units around - meltaguns work best when they move this fast!

Grey Knight Land Raider Crusader = 255

Grey Knight Land Raider = 250
    What do you plan on doing with these? You only really have one unit that could use a transport (the HQ), and it should NOT be in one of these (think about how many points that is in one spot!). I'd prefer dropping both of these, Deepstriking the HQ, and buying more infantry models - maybe a second SoB/Rhino unit to start with - and/or GK Dreadnoughts.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by mEGALOMANIAC
    Seraphim have the ability to be fast anti-tank AND secondary assault in a DH army if you give them inferno pistols instead of hand flamers. Then you could swap the weapon choices of the other units around - meltaguns work best when they move this fast!
    I really think the best way to equip Seraphim is two sets of twin-linked hand flamers. They already come with krak grenades, and so can hunt out light tanks and walkers in a pinch if they have to. But Seraphim are really best as assault troops, which may seem odd when you have GKs, but Seraphim are one thing that GKs are not: FAST FAST FAST. And they have Divine Guidance. Run the girls up to whatever is threatening your game plan the most. Seriously, ANYTHING. Invoke Divine Guidance, and you will kill almost everything in sight. (Auto AP 1 wounds on 6s! Yowza!) The twin-linked flamers in particular are just deadly (reroll all your failed wounds, get more 6s!), but the follow-up of all those twin-linked bolt pistols is nearly as awesome. Then assault to wipe out what's left over. (And if you have to, since you have the faith points, invoke the power that gives everyone I 6 to ensure you go first.) A power weapon on the Vet Superior is a choice weapon for this mopping up operation. In my experience, there's rarely enough of a unit left over to cause you more than a wound or two in return, if even that. Usually, the unit is simply decimated. But if not, you jump out and reposition for a final onslaught.

Since you're using sisters, and want more meltas, just get squads in Rhinos with meltas. Nearly as cheap as ISTs, but better. You've got a few faith points to play with. Use 'em!

Everywhere else, I'd follow mEGALO's advice.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SOB are not allowed with grey knights i believe.

Senior Member JuliusGaiusCaesar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SOB are not allowed with grey knights i believe
    SOB are allowed with Daemonunters. Even Radical Daemonhunters. Only thing you can't have with Grey Knights are space marines, and daemonhosts.
    Et imperator Invocato Diabolus Daemonica Exorcist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really, you can have witch hunters? Guys at games workshop said i couldnt, here comes More money spent..lol... i ran out of choices, i even ended up getting a chimera.... Thx diggum for clearing that up!

+ Reply to Thread