1850 - armoured drop troop swarm! - am i nuts? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 - armoured drop troop swarm! - am i nuts?

ok, so im used to elite, small armies but i thought " well 100ish kazrkin would look pretty cool!" so....

1850points
    Drop Troops
    (EVERYONE has carapace!)

HQ
    command squad w/junior officer 4flamers.

3 sentinel support sqn: lascannons, 1 w/improved comms.

2 special weapons sqds w/ 2 flamers, demo charge.

ELITE
    3 10-man storm trooper sqds 2 w/2 plasma guns 1 w/2 melta guns - infiltrate.

TROOPS
    command squad w/junior officer 4flamers
    2 squads w/plasma gun

2 squads w/plasma gun

FAST ATTACK
    3 sentinels w/autocannon

3 sentinals w/autocannon

3 sentinels w/lascannon

so, i think that leaves me with about 32points. any suggestions or constructive critisism appreciated as i havent a clue how to play guard! should cause some mayhem though??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

1. get IA3 - look up the elysian army list and realise that with codex IG you can only do a cheap and shoddy copy! There that out my system...

(EVERYONE has carapace!)
    waste of points
    HQ
    command squad w/junior officer 4flamers.
    HSO or honorifica would be better, give the officer some wargear, flamers dont really cut it, scatter dice throw you out half the time, and it makes you try and DS too close which can cost you the whole squad, rather see meltas or plasma or GLs
    3 sentinel support sqn: lascannons, 1 w/improved comms.
    AT? why not use melta guns for this? plus with Elysian rules you can DS sentinels with Multi meltas!
    2 special weapons sqds w/ 2 flamers, demo charge.
    OK, again I prefer meltas to flamers
    ELITE
    3 10-man storm trooper sqds 2 w/2 plasma guns 1 w/2 melta guns - infiltrate.
    not keen, why not DS these too, actually I prefer Vets, more special weaponry
    TROOPS
    2 squads w/plasma gun

2 squads w/plasma gun
    as above for weaponry
    FAST ATTACK
    3 sentinels w/autocannon

3 sentinals w/autocannon

3 sentinels w/lascannon
    , not sold on 12 sentinels on the field but if it works for you, some armies can deploy so much mid str weaponry that these are dead meat very quickly
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the quick reply!

"1. get IA3 - look up the elysian army list and realise that with codex IG you can only do a cheap and shoddy copy! There that out my system..."

COnsidered the elysians but forgeworld rules arnt always accepted and i want something that i can field without any gripes.

"waste of points"

really? a 50percent survivability against most light infantry weapons in the game? plus being able to use all kazrkin models!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"1. get IA3 - look up the elysian army list and realise that with codex IG you can only do a cheap and shoddy copy! There that out my system..."

COnsidered the elysians but forgeworld rules arnt always accepted and i want something that i can field without any gripes.

"waste of points"

really? a 50percent survivability against most light infantry weapons in the game? plus being able to use all kazrkin models!!:yes:

"why not DS these too"

good idea!!!

with the sentinels, im certainly aware of their vulnerabilty, i just like them and they seem fluffy. wish i could use the forgeworld ones , theyre very nice!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by genki

true but that really only applies to full on tourneys and you can use elysians with codex rules for those
    "waste of points"

really? a 50percent survivability against most light infantry weapons in the game? plus being able to use all kazrkin models!!:yes:
    Whilst I like the kasrkin models, the 50% survivability is not so great, no one except tau are gonna play the shooty game with IG infantry and tehn your save wont make a difference,

"why not DS these too"

good idea!!!

with the sentinels, im certainly aware of their vulnerabilty, i just like them and they seem fluffy. wish i could use the forgeworld ones , theyre very nice!!!
    They are rather rude at anti tank

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by genki
    plus being able to use all kazrkin models!!
    If your worried about tournament grips then the Karskin models are going to require lasgun conversions.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought wsyiwyg no longer applied.

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

WYSIWYG always has and always will apply. Where did you get the idea that it didn't?

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

As ToM says, there has never been any removal of WYSIWYG, friendly games are always up to the players, but officially, cant see this one ever changing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the wide variety in the look of the standard lasgun, I dont think there will be an issue with using kasrkin models as carapace clad cadians. People make mods all the time in order to represent one weapon or another, hell, there isn't even a standard pattern hell gun. Just look at the old storm trooper models compared to kasrkin's, they are totally different. The only problem I can foresee is if kasrkin models are used to represent both normal infantry in carapace as well as elite storm troopers. This could lead to confusion and personally, I would try and make them especially distinctive from each other.
    What Guardsmen dont want to hear...
    "Ok boys, time to fix bayonets!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast