Tourney Results. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Tourney Results.

I played in a good 1750pt tourney last weekend, and was the tradition with my IG, I thought I would share some of what I learned to furthur our Deamonhunter cause.

I took: Grandmaster, HHD, Psycannon, + 6 Termies (one more Psycannon)
    10 x PAGK
    7 X PAGK + 2 Psycannons
    10 x FAGK
    Inquisitor + Psycannon
    Callidus Assassin
    2 x Dreads: TLLC, ML, smoke

As per Tourney Rules all game were Gamma.

GAME 1 vs. Eldar.

I drew the previous tourney winner but overall was an excellent Cleanse game. He had two Wraithlords, An Avatar two squads of Reapers, Swooping Hawks, three Wave Serpents with, Fire Dragons, Howling Banshees and Striking Scorpions.
    It was basically a blood bath. I shot down one of his Wave Serpents with Banshees early, and his two Wraithlords advanced together with the Avatar. One of my dreads was killed early, but the other made to turn 5. I deepstruck my FAGKs and GM + Retinue into the side corners. He was able to get his Firedragons in 12" shooting range of my Termies, so only my GM +1 were left. I killed the Swooping Hawks with shooting and a my FAGKs killed the Banshees while only losing three. The Callidus took out one squad of reapers while I shot the other squad with my "mini-Purgation" squad. His Scorpions were able to beat my Psycannon squad in CC, damn Mandi-blasters!
    The game ended in a complete draw. We were within 40pts, and all coners were contested. I re-learned how hard it was to kill Eldar Vehicles.

Game 2 vs Necrons.:cry:

I drew the previous couple of Tourneys best General - my luck, and Army that I had only ever beaten once. It was a Take and Hold Game. He had two squads of 16 Warriors, 8 Destroyers in two squads, Two Lords, 10 Immortals and a DS Monolith.
    I really thought I had the army to beat him with, but I didn't shoot at the 'Lith at all, and just shot at the Necrons to go for Phase out. I killed three Destroyers on Turn 1, but he destroyed one of my Dreads. I walked my whole army putting up an even attack force so as not to give him too much room to manuver when the 'Lith came in.
    My Callidus came in late and tried to Neural Shred a large squad of warriors, but even though the template covered about 10, I rolled no sixes. At the same time another small squad of mine was assaulting the same squad and the Necron player dropped two warriors from in front of her, so she never got to attack! She did nothing. At the end I was left with all but one Terninator and my Psycannon squad.
    The rest of the game was me chasing and him moving his squads out of CC and re-rolling his WBBs. It was very frustrating. He ended with a major Victory, as he moved all his unit into 12" of the middle at the end.
    I learned that it is still important to try and take out the Monolith if possible to kill Necron movement, and to go second if you can choose vs 'Crons.

Game 3 vs Dark Eldar.:w00t:

It wasn't even much of a match. Recon game and I went first so again I walked my whole army. I popped two Raiders on turn one, killed his Monstrous Creature bike ( I can't remember what it was called) and by turn 5 he was all dead. My three Psycannon Squad just ate him up. I won a Massacre. I lost one Dread and everything else was a scoring unit.

Overall I was very happy with the shooty squads, my Dreads and my Psycannon Squad, as well as my shooty Termies. I wasn't able to get into as much CC as I wanted, but Stormbolters do a nice job if you are walking. I was not that happy with the Callidus, and for the next Tourney will not take her. She is good if you know who you are going to play, but not as good if you don't. Anyway it was loads of fun , and saw Mikethefox again (who brought his Tau, poor bastard!)

"A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Good job Diggum's, one question how did you place? Also your first 2 players were just unlucky draws. Nice use the daemonhunters' shooting potential. BTW the DE creature is called a talos.Nice job though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice Job Durendin considered you list is close to pure GK-all those bastard who say pure Gk suck...Damn that Hq is crazy, iam not brave enough to try something like that..btw HHD? Damn Necrons...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimmers
    Damn that Hq is crazy, iam not brave enough to try something like that..btw HHD? Damn Necrons...
    HHD = Hammerhand. Never used it once, it was just in case I fought tanks.

Necrons....Damn Necrons! The guy is my buddy, and I was stayin with him...man did I have to put up with some dissin'!:wacko:

As far as the HQ goes, I have no LRC to drop them off nicely, so I know I'll usually endure some shooting before I get to assault, it is my "delivery" price.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

+ Reply to Thread