1850 Dark Angels Army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 Dark Angels Army list

This is my brothers armie list and he needs help working out the bugs and what not

HQ
    Epislotary
    +termi armour
    +storm bolter
    +stubborn
    +vortex of doom
    +fear of the darkness

Termi command squad (4)
    +assault cannon

375pts

Troops
    2x 5 man scout squad
    +2 snipers
    +vet sarge
    +telepot homer

186pts

2x 10 man tactical squad
    +vet sarge
    +power fist
    +stubborn
    +meltagun
    +drop pod
    +teleport homer

460pts

Heavy support

10 man Dev squad
    +vet sarge
    +subborn
    +2lascannons
    +2missle launchers
    +auspex

282pts

vindicator
    +power of the machine spirit
    +searchlight

156pts

whirlwind
    +spotlight

116 pts

Fast attack

10 man Assault squad
    +vet sarge
    +power fist
    +3 plasma pistols
    +stubborn

275 pts

Total

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

HQ
    Epislotary
    +termi armour
    +storm bolter
    +stubborn
    +vortex of doom
    +fear of the darkness

Termi command squad (4)
    +assault cannon
    This is a good fluffy choice for DAs.
    The librarian however is to expensive. Drop him down to a 2 wound lib, a remove vortex, this will also reduce the cost of fear of the darkness.
    Since you can only use 1 power a turn, it rare that ud use anything but the most powerful power, that being fear of the darkness.
    Finally this squad needs a drop pod, dont trust deep strike, to manythings can go wrong, such as running into a plasma cannon.

Troops
    2x 5 man scout squad
    +2 snipers
    +vet sarge
    +telepot homer
    With a drop pod, you wont need to use these guys to deliver your terminators, that and scouts arent very good. so just drop the squad.

2x 10 man tactical squad
    +vet sarge
    +power fist
    +stubborn
    +meltagun
    +drop pod
    +teleport homer
    Remove the tele homers, and stuborn, you dont need either of the powers, and stuborn will simply make you take armour saves if you lose CC badly, since your a space marine you dont really need the power.

10 man Dev squad
    +vet sarge
    +subborn
    +2lascannons
    +2missle launchers
    +auspex
    DAs will never fall back from Shooting, and stuborn will mean you will get out of CC, unless you win. Thus, drop the sgts, and simply trust intratable to hold you on the board (it will)

This means you lose the auspex, but its 2 points for a reason: it normally does nothing.

Id also remove 2 space mariens from these squads, simply because 4 space marines is enough protection.

Last 4 MLs is much less points, and about as effective against Tanks, which should be the primary target for this squad, secondary targets might be 3+ armour save troops ext.

vindicator
    +searchlight

156pts
    Space marine tanks, introticularly, this one, is unrealable. Its difficult to find range, and difficult to ever get a shot off with it. I suggest you replace it with something else.

whirlwind
    +spotlight
    Whirldwinds are generally ment for destorying infantry, however, as a DA you have access to a much more potent methid of dealing with large numbers of enemy infantry: The best LSTS in the game. I suggest you replace this with a LST. Its more reliable, and can also hunt tanks, unlike a whirld wind.

10 man Assault squad
    +vet sarge
    +power fist
    +3 plasma pistols
    +stubborn
    Remove one plasma pistol, and stuborn is probably not needed, however, if this squad failed a moral check it would be annoying, so i guess you might want the stuborn.

I suggest the following to help round our your list: 6 man tactical squad, 1 lascannon, 1 plasma gun, venerable dreadnought, tank hunters, TwinLinked Lascannon, ML, Extra Armor, Landspeeder tornados.

Good Luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far those are some of the things i've been telling him like taking a dreadnought but he's dead set on giving stubborn to his marines and i belive he's tried to bring 4 missle launchers before but for some reason he didnt like it. and whenever he uses his vindicator it works more like a fire magnet and gets blown up before it does anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

I have a funny feeling im about to say the exact same thing as forged.....

Quote Originally Posted by Keegkhan God of War
    HQ
    Epislotary
    +termi armour
    +storm bolter
    +stubborn
    +vortex of doom
    +fear of the darkness

Termi command squad (4)
    +assault cannon
    Drop vortex, too expensive, not that great a power. Add a second assault cannon. Give this squad a drop pod. The safe delivery and 2" deployment make FotD devastating.

Troops
    2x 5 man scout squad
    +2 snipers
    +vet sarge
    +telepot homer

You dont need these if you pod in. Drop them both. As a side note, snipers only really work well in groups of 7 or more.

2x 10 man tactical squad
    +vet sarge
    +power fist
    +stubborn
    +meltagun
    +drop pod
    +teleport homer
    As noted you dont need sturbborn on your tactical squads. Just wasting points. Anything that will beat a marine squad with a fist in it is not something you want to stay locked in combat with. All that will happen is this will cause you more wounds.

10 man Dev squad
    +vet sarge
    +subborn
    +2lascannons
    +2missle launchers
    +auspex
    You dont quit eneed 10 guys in this squad. 8 would do fine. Stubborn has to go. you WANT this squad to run if it gets assaulted so they can shoot next turn at what assaulted them. Drop vet status, stubborn and auspex.

vindicator
    +searchlight

whirlwind
    +spotlight
    Both of these need to go, your not fielding enough vehicles to keep emm safe.

10 man Assault squad
    +vet sarge
    +power fist
    +3 plasma pistols
    +stubborn
    The sarg doesnt need a plasma pistol. Too expensive and can cause you to lose a 60 point model. This squad can be sturbborn as you generally dont want it falling back when it gets in an assault.

isnt that bad. Id recommend your brother read the articles we have here on LO.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x7)

This is that ill-fated brother whose list this is, and I have some points to make.

Whirlwind Vengeance missles are ordnance barrages, meaning--> 2D6 Armor Penetration and Pinning at -1. I think the whirlwind looks alot better all of a sudden.

I suppose the scouts could go and be replaced with a Dreadnought, but that brings up another point. What should I take: Lascannon, Multi-Melta, or Plasma Cannon which non- Venerable Dark Angel Dreads can take?

Lastly, I think that stubborn squads are a good idea, especially Close Combat Squads, which my Tacs are keyed for. This will prevent them from running unecessarily and seems to frustrate many of my opponents.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

Whirlwind Vengeance missles are ordnance barrages, meaning--> 2D6 Armor Penetration and Pinning at -1. I think the whirlwind looks alot better all of a sudden.
    Well, im not quite sure where my codex is, but your mixing a lot of rules.
    Vengeance missiles i will assume is the standard missile fired by the tank, IE not the mines? Correct? if so, the strenth of that gun is 5, then if you the center of the barrage is over the tank, then you roll 2D6 And pick the highest, not add them together. Because of this, the maxium armour penetration for this tank is 11, not very good. Further more, if shell does not land on the tank, the strenth is cut in half, and rounded down, to being strength 2, which is terrable, meaning you cant hurt any tank, at all, anywhere.

So whirld winds are a very poor tank hunter, and only a mediocer troop hunter. Space marines dont use ordance very well, they are more about special skills, then overwhelming firepower, thats not to say dev armies arent good, because they are, its just that space marine tanks are terrable. Peace

I suppose the scouts could go and be replaced with a Dreadnought, but that brings up another point. What should I take: Lascannon, Multi-Melta, or Plasma Cannon which non- Venerable Dark Angel Dreads can take?
    Venerable is needed, for tank hunters, which is very helpful on this dread: Lascannon + Missile Launcher, with Extra Armor.

Again thats: Dreadnought, venerable, tank hunters, lascannon, missile launcher, extra armor, this tank costs 170.

Lastly, I think that stubborn squads are a good idea, especially Close Combat Squads, which my Tacs are keyed for. This will prevent them from running unecessarily and seems to frustrate many of my opponents.
    Intratable insures that you will not fall back from shooting attacks, in the case of a tactical squad, stuborn is a reasonable choice, but probably not needed: Few army actually have the firepower to cause you to fail a moral or pinning test. Very very few armies can actually lower your leadership 3 points in a single turn, thus your leadership nice is porbably all the protection form moral you need.

On you devastators, there is absolutly no reason to field stuborn, besides the blatant waste of points, should the squad get into assault, it will either have to fight its way out (unlikly) or die at the hands of its assaulters, which if they are outnumbered will cause the marines to die more quickly.

If you did not have stuborn, you could fall back, and possibly shoot the squad that assaulted you, perhaps breaking them, or buying you enough time to save your devs.

This is why stuborn on devs is never a good idea.

Stuborn is however a good buy for your assault squad, since youd never want them to be held up by something stupid such as falling a moral check.

Peace
    Last edited by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar; April 4th, 2006 at 06:13.

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x7)

Can a squad still shoot heavy weapons after running?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Angels_Master
    Can a squad still shoot heavy weapons after running?
    Yes, SM count as stationary the turn after they fall back due to ATSKNF.

Between intractable and ATSKNF there is very little reason to take fearless. It generally just makes a nuisance for you in the end. Better to fall back, auto regroup, and shoot/assualt the enemy next turn.

As forged mentioned, the WW does not get 2d6 of penetration dice. Its 2d6 choose the highest. big difference. Personally I like whirlwinds though. They just dont fit well in your list is all.

I wouldnt go with a dread either to tell the truth. DEFINATELY not before LST's.They are certainly your best bet and will compliment your list well.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

+ Reply to Thread