1500pt List Needs Refinement - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt List Needs Refinement

I have been refining my army as I continue to play and learn. I have about 800-1000 points complete; however, my goal is to have 2000 points plus worth of models to tailor my force to the mission at hand. Most of the games played locally are with 1500 pt armies, so my baseline force is listed first at 1500 points...assuming offensive missions where my guardsman have to take an objective/close with and destroy the enemy.

The next configuration is for defensive missions where quick movement is not as critical to achieving objectives. Finally, I have a configuration for a 2000 pt army.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome. Also, I am considering purchasing a hellhound as a replacement for the sentinals. I have heard good things about the sentinals...and bad. My experience so far is that they can be worth the points...but having a much more durable vehicle with a long-range flame weapon seems like a good choice in some situations.
    I have not seen one in action, so just theorizing. I am the only guard player at my store.

Thanks in advance...

MECH CONFIGURATION (sharpshooters, close order drill, iron discipline, ratlings, storm troopers,

CMD SQD
    Heroic Senior, Standard Bearer, Medic, Master Vox, Iron Discipline

TROOPS
    Cmd Sqd, 1st Platoon
    Junior Officer, Vox, Iron Discipline

1st Squad, Rifle with Lascannon, Plasma Gun, Vox, and Sharpshooters

1st Armored Fist, Chimera (smoke grenades/extra armor/multi-lasers, hull hvy bolter), Heavy Bolter, Plasma Gun, Vox, and Sharpshooters

Cmd Sqd, 2nd Platoon
    Junior Officer, Vox, Iron Discipline

2nd Squad, Rifle with Missile, Plasma Gun, Vox, and Sharpshooters

2nd Armored Fist, as above

ELITES
    Ratling Snipers x 5

Stormtrooper Squad Alpha, Plasma Gun, Grenade Launcher, Infiltration/Drop Troops, Sharpshooters

Stormtrooper Squad Bravo, as above

FAST ATTACK
    Sentinals (Cadian pattern with armored crew compartment) x2

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Leman Russ (smoke grenades/extra armor), Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    Basilisk (indirect)

MODIFICATIONS FOR DEFENSIVE MISSIONS

Remove two Chimeras and add one Leman Russ configured as above

2000 POINT ARMY
    Add two Lasgun squads with heavy bolters configured as above
    Add a sentinel as configured above

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are missing a squad each from your Infantry Platoons.. minimum is a command squad and 2 line squads. An armored fist squad is a troop choice in itself, not a squad in an infantry platoon. Other than that, no major problems other than a few equipment issues:

1. The medic in your HQ is just a points waste. I'd replace him with a basic guardsman.
    2. Its not ideal to mix weapons in squads as you have done in your storm trooper squads. Ideally you want both squads to have double plasma, however if you are going to take grenade launchers and plasma, make one squad the plasma squad, the other the grenade launcher squad.
    3. Sharpshooters cannot be applied to bs4 units meaning your stormies cant take it. It also doesn't work with plasma weapons, just incase you were hoping it would save your guardsmen from frying on 1's.
    4. Your leman Russ will be better served by having a hull heavy bolter instead of the hull lascannon.
    5. You will probably be better off using your sentinals as two seperate units instead of the unit containing two. This way your opponent will have to split fire to kill both of them and additionally gives you the option of firing at two seperate targets.
    What Guardsmen dont want to hear...
    "Ok boys, time to fix bayonets!"

+ Reply to Thread