[2000] Sons of Khoregard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2000] Sons of Khoregard

2001pt list i've made it to in space marines
    Traits: See, but don't be seen, and Trust your Battle Brothers.

HQ - Chaplain - 137pts.
    Master of Sanctity with:
    T.Honours, Jump Pack, Bolt Pistol, Frag Grenades, Crozius Arcanum, Rosarius

HQ - Chaplain - 137pts.
    Master of Sanctity with:

Troop - Tactical Squad - 187pts.
    Squad has TrueGrit/CounterAttack and Infiltrate
    7-Man Squad with:
    1 Marine with Plasmagun
    1 Vet Sarge with Power Fist, Bolter, T.Honours
    5 Marines with Bolter, CCW

7-Man Squad with:
    1 Marine with Plasmagun

7-Man Squad with:
    1 Marine with Plasmagun

7-Man Squad with:
    1 Marine with Plasmagun

Heavy Support - Devostator Squad - 249pts.
    Squad has Infiltrate
    8-Man Squad with:
    4 Marines with Plasma Cannons
    4 Marines with Bolters

Heavy Support - Devostator Squad - 224pts.
    Squad has Infiltrate
    8-Man Squad with:
    4 Marines with Rocket Launchers
    4 Marines with Bolters

Fast Attack - Land Speeder Squadron - 210pts.
    3 Land Speeder Typhoon Variants

Elite - Dreadnought *Venerable* - 163pts.
    Dreadnought with:
    TL-Lascannon, DCCW, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armor, Venerable, Tank Hunters

Elite - Dreadnought - 133pts
    Dreadnought with:
    TL-Lascannon, DCCW, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armor

Recap: 2 Chappies with jump-packs mainly to keep the devos safe and fearless, 4 7-man infiltrating pfist squads that can hold their own in most situations, good harassment from the speeders, and general deployment advantage from a good deal of space marines. Any thoughts? thanks again ev'ryone!

Quick! Wile 'es ded!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Ninja
    HQ - Chaplain - 137pts.
    Master of Sanctity with:

HQ - Chaplain - 137pts.
    Master of Sanctity with:
    I dont see why these guys have jump packs, you dont have any jump troops to attach them to. Secondly, if you are taking them for their fearless quality for your devs, a commander would probably be better as he will confer his 10 LD to all your units. There is little point attaching an HQ made to assault to a squad that should never be in close combat. ESPECIALLY since the chaplains cant actually deploy with the infiltrated dev squads.

Honestly for your theme you would be better off with infiltrating command squads and librariens with FotA. Again, RE: infiltrating. HQ's can only do it with command squads.

7-Man Squad with:
    1 Marine with Plasmagun

7-Man Squad with:
    1 Marine with Plasmagun

7-Man Squad with:
    1 Marine with Plasmagun

7-Man Squad with:
    1 Marine with Plasmagun

With true grit and infiltrate, these squads wont be moving much. You could save a fair ammount of points by moving the 4 plasma cannons you have in the dev squad over to your tacticals. Also, you should try and go with 8 men. Better for scoring, half strength and VP purposes.

Heavy Support - Devostator Squad - 249pts.
    Squad has Infiltrate
    8-Man Squad with:
    4 Marines with Plasma Cannons
    4 Marines with Bolters
    Point value is wrong. Costs quite a bit more then this.

Heavy Support - Devostator Squad - 224pts.
    Squad has Infiltrate
    8-Man Squad with:
    4 Marines with Rocket Launchers
    4 Marines with Bolters
    Perfect.

Fast Attack - Land Speeder Squadron - 210pts.
    3 Land Speeder Typhoon Variants
    Rule #1 of speeders: split them into as many squads as possible. Will keep them alive longer.

Rule #2 of Speeders: ALWAYS use tornadoes. They really are just that much better in every way, shape and form.

Elite - Dreadnought *Venerable* - 163pts.
    Dreadnought with:
    TL-Lascannon, DCCW, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armor, Venerable, Tank Hunters

Elite - Dreadnought - 133pts
    Dreadnought with:
    TL-Lascannon, DCCW, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armor
    These guys are both pretty out of place in your list. I would drop them both in favor of another 4x missile dev squad. They will be more difficult for your oponent to get rid of.

Recap: 2 Chappies with jump-packs mainly to keep the devos safe and fearless,
    Waste of chaplains, and if this is their job, they shouldt be equipped as they are. Commander would do the job better. Libs would work better with your list.

4 7-man infiltrating pfist squads that can hold their own in most situations,
    Again, save on points by moving your plasma cannons. An 8th man would go a long long way.

good harassment from the speeders,
    I would agree if they were tornadoes. The typhoon missile launchers are just plain abismal.
    Anything they will work well against will be dealt with just as easilly by a volley of shooting from your bolters.

and general deployment advantage from a good deal of space marines.
    This is true but you could make it better by using infiltrating command squads. They can carry 2 heavy weapons wich in your case would be handy.

Good ideas, should work well in take and hold missions. Your gonna get trounced in alpha misisons though, the effectiveness of this list relies heavily on your infiltrate ability. List need some shuffling for optimisation.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh.

---> Plasma Devostators
    Yeah thanks for the pt.cost point out...

The speeders in general I find are waaaay more powerful in a squadron I'm definitely disagreeing with you there. The Typhoons are personal preference so they stay.

Chaplains make more sense than Commanders because they are cheaper, more effective, and supply the statistic "fearless" and because I play Dark Eldar and Chaos I'd rather not have to deal with warp amps and Horrorfexes, so the ability to give any unit they join fearlessness and still have the jump-pack to hop around to where i need a bit of combat might makes them pivotal.

The dreadnoughts are too fun to drop you must never enjoy playing, eh? (jesting)

When I get home tonight I'll do up a list as you suggested, dumping the overly-expensive and shiny p.devo squad and pumping the tac-shooty abiilty. I don't really get buggered all that much on alpha missions, as far as I'm concerned, because every Omega game we play (escalation) I pwn. Goes either way

Cheers!
    Quick! Wile 'es ded!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

---> Plasma Devostators
    Yeah thanks for the pt.cost point out...
    No prob.

The speeders in general I find are waaaay more powerful in a squadron I'm definitely disagreeing with you there. The Typhoons are personal preference so they stay.
    If you prefer typhoons, thats your choice. Its crazy, but its your choice.

However this nonsense about them being more powerful in a single squad is rubbish. They gain nothing by being in the same squad. The squad must stay in coherancy, making it difficult to more around and most importantly, you HAVE to fire all your weapons at a single squad.

If they are in seperate squads not only can they not be shot down by a single volley of fire, they can split up to support different parts of the board, and you dont need to waste firepower by shooting at the remenants of a squad that is already dead.

Please, explain to me even one single benefit of having the speeders in a single squad? The only one I know of is if you play DA and field a master on speeder, he has an ability that makes having 3 speeders in the same squad useful. Aside from that though, there isnt a single reason to put them together. But ill gove you the benefit of the doubt, please, enlighten me, how are they better in a single squad?

Chaplains make more sense than Commanders because they are cheaper, more effective, and supply the statistic "fearless" and because I play Dark Eldar and Chaos I'd rather not have to deal with warp amps and Horrorfexes, so the ability to give any unit they join fearlessness and still have the jump-pack to hop around to where i need a bit of combat might makes them pivotal.
    Fearless really isnt that helpful. ESPECIALLY when you have a 10 leadership and ATSKNF. With that it isnt likely youll fail moral checks and even if you do, its really not that bad with ATSKN. They fall back, your guys auto regoup and can still fire their weapons next turn as though they hadnt moved. In the case of devs this is important. ESPECIALLY for assualts wich both chaos and DE excel at. They dont perform the counter assault role very well alone. ESPECIALLY against DE. They require a squad to really become effective. In any case, if you really want to use 2 chappies, thats your choice. But this can be done cheaper and more effectively otherwise.

The dreadnoughts are too fun to drop you must never enjoy playing, eh? (jesting)
    I have lots of fun playing actually, I dont actually use any of the advice I give out except about LST's. I play a ravenwing force with 10 of them.

In any case, if you like dropping your dreads, theres nothing wrong with that. My advice is strictly based on tactical aptitude and effectiveness.

When I get home tonight I'll do up a list as you suggested, dumping the overly-expensive and shiny p.devo squad and pumping the tac-shooty abiilty. I don't really get buggered all that much on alpha missions, as far as I'm concerned, because every Omega game we play (escalation) I pwn. Goes either way
    Id definately come up with a "tourny" list. Always good to have around and even when playing with friends sometimes its fun to take out all the stops and have a really cut throat competively vicious game of warhammer.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

+ Reply to Thread