my (revised) army list- 1000pts- friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my (revised) army list- 1000pts- friendly

I posted my army list a while ago and since then I have made alot of changes to it. I have made some new squads with the remnants of others left over when adding weapon teams to my infantry squads and comand squad. I am going to buy some models REALLY SOON so I can get the most out of 1000 points. So here it is.

Command platoon- junior officer- 97pts
    Bolt pistol, carapace armour, lascannon team, 2 grenade
    launchers, sharpshooters

stormtrooper squad- 10 stroopers- 145pts
    grenade launcher, flamer, veteran sergeant- power
    weapon, deepstrike or infiltrate

techpriest enginseer- 45pts

infantry platoon
    command squad- junior officer- 165pts
    bolt pistol, power weapon, carapace armour, honorifica
    imperialis, trademark item, 4 veterans, all with
    meltabombs, hardened fighters doctrine

infantry squad 1- 93pts
    autocannon team, grenade launcher, sharpshooters

infantry squad 2- 88pts
    heavy bolter team, grenade launcher, sharpshooters

sentinel- 45pts
    multilaser

leman russ- 177 pts
    hull mounted lascannon, heavy bolter sponsoons, pintle
    mounted heavy stubber

basilisk- 145pts
    indirect fire, improved comms

exactly 1000 points.
    The changes are the 2 grenade launchers in the HQ instead of a missile launcher, sharpshooters, and here are the doctrines I use: hardened fighters- counter charge HQ, sharpshooters- self explanatory, stormtrooper squads- cos I use them..., techpriest enginseers- so I can waste points and close order drill- it's free.

Last edited by BiG_SaNCHeZ; April 9th, 2006 at 02:49.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Member Lord Marshal Graf Harazahn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how can your command squad have a lascannon team and a missile launcher?
    BOOKS OF THE IMPERIUM
    176. Thou shalt not refer to Ork Dreadnoughts as 'garbage bins'.
    195. Thou shalt not shave the Space Wolves while they are asleep .
    213. Thou shalt not challenge a Daemon Prince to a fist fight.
    220. Seraphims do not want to join the "Mile High Club".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doh. I forgot you can only have one heavy wepon team. well i will fix that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

overall it looks like a pretty well balanced and fun list.
    i like to use Techpriests with Honorifica imperialis, they can be awesome :yes:
    close order drill is allways a good choice
    and is this a general list or an opponent specific one.
    BOOKS OF THE IMPERIUM

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by BiG_SaNCHeZ
    I posted my army list a while ago and since then I have made alot of changes to it. I have made some new squads with the remnants of others left over when adding weapon teams to my infantry squads and comand squad. I am going to buy some models REALLY SOON so I can get the most out of 1000 points. So here it is.
    Ok, well I can't remember your first but this seems to have gotten a lot worse.

Command platoon- junior officer- 97pts
    Bolt pistol, carapace armour, lascannon team, 2 grenade
    launchers, sharpshooters
    No, bad choice. Get all the junk off the officer. The only upgrade worth taking is a power weapon and a honourifica. Also drop the all of the guns and add a standard bearer. This squad is for leadership and last ditch counter attacks only.

stormtrooper squad- 10 stroopers- 145pts
    grenade launcher, flamer, veteran sergeant- power
    weapon, deepstrike or infiltrate
    Ok, flamers and grenade launchers are a waste of the Stormie's better BS. If you're going for infiltrating I suggest two plasma guns other wise for a deepstrike squad I suggest a 5 man suicide squad with two melta guns.

techpriest enginseer- 45pts
    Not worth the points. Drop.

infantry platoon
    command squad- junior officer- 165pts
    bolt pistol, power weapon, carapace armour, honorifica
    imperialis, trademark item, 4 veterans, all with
    meltabombs, hardened fighters doctrine
    Drop Hardened fighters, drop all of the armory crap (barring power weapon) and give the hounorfica to the HQ. This is to be used as a leadership node as you have no vox network. Hey, where's your second troops choice?

infantry squad 1- 93pts
    autocannon team, grenade launcher, sharpshooters

infantry squad 2- 88pts
    heavy bolter team, grenade launcher, sharpshooters
    For a measly 2 points each upgrade to plasma guns. Also sharpshooters only pays for itself in Support team squads.

leman russ- 177 pts
    hull mounted lascannon, heavy bolter sponsoons, pintle
    mounted heavy stubber
    Drop the pintle stubber.

exactly 1000 points.
    The changes are the 2 grenade launchers in the HQ instead of a missile launcher, sharpshooters, and here are the doctrines I use: hardened fighters- counter charge HQ, sharpshooters- self explanatory, stormtrooper squads- cos I use them..., techpriest enginseers- so I can waste points and close order drill- it's free.
    You have massive problem in that you only have a one troops choice. Also you need more anti tank Firepower and you should really rethink your HQs and leadership system.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Triumph of Man has covered most things.

For HQ I'd think of using a JO, then give him Honorifica, Iron Discipline and a Power weapon for if things get really Dire.
    This unit shouldn't need to shoot at things, or ever really want to be in LoS of things. The main purpose of an IG HQ platoon is to confer a nice Ld all round your army. For thins you'll want a Standard bearer too.

Elites:
    Read this article for my views on Stormies.

Generally you want a suicide squad to infiltrate up to/deepstrike behind enemy lines fire off a couple of salvos of plasma/melta fire and bite the dust. If they survive well, even better

Techies. Meh, in a large army I might consider a Techie with lots of tech servitors and move behind my vehicle line and repair them as they get shot at. Other than that circumstance, he's useless.
    Your Leman is unlikely to get damaged in the first place and even if he is there's only a 1/2 chance of your Techie doing any good. If your Basalisk is getting shot at, well consider it dead.

Troops

Generally for troops you want a Command squad with

JO
    Power Weapon, Iron discipline
    Maybe a mortar.

Hide him from LoS, take pot shots at the enemy with your mortar. Put him in palces to confer Ld to sqauds out of reach of your main HQ.
    These come out at 60 points (50 no mortar) each. For that they do quite a few little but nice things

Then your troop squads

2 squads
    2 Plasma guns
    A heavy weapon for each squad, either Anti tank or Anti Infantry. If your stuck for choice, get a Missile launcher, ok at both but not fantastic at either.

2 squads like that come at ~150 points.

That makes one platoon ~ 210 points. 2 Plasma guns, 2/3 heavy weapons, an Officer to guide it.

Two of those and you've got your core of troops at ~ 420 points.

Thats 50 warm bodies.
    4 Plasma guns
    4/6 Heavy weapons
    2 more bubbles of good solid Ld.
    More lasguns than you can shake a stick at!

Fast Attack

Sentinel. I like the idea of a lone sentinel, they can cause alot of trouble if they stay out of LoS, then charge them into a group of infantry with S3 and giggle

Heavy Support

Leman Russ. Love them, yours is fine in my opinion but change the lascannon to a heavy bolter.
    That means even if you lose your battle cannon, you can still get 12 good anti-infantry shots whilst moving 6". That'll shock your opponent when they think they've neutralised your Big gun, only to have it turn into a mobile gun platform of DOOM! :ninja:

Basalisk is fine, but you might not need those improved comms. Still their nice to have.

In 1000 points I don't think there is much space to include doctrines, other than the free ones and Iron Discipline. You want more warm bodies and more heavy weapons.

As Triumph of Man said you need to consider your Ld options the 3 I can think of are:
    1) Vox system. Get a Master vox in your main HQ, give each infantry unit a vox caster. If you hide your main HQ he can confer nice Ld all over the place no matter where they go.
    2) Bubbles. Use your Officers in nice little places out of LoS and confer their Ld around. This works even better than Vox's IMO because you can then give all your units Iron Discipline via the Officers, one of the best Doctrines out there.
    3) Vet sergeants. Simple, upgrade each unit to a have a Vet sergeant, each unit gets a little Ld boost.

Read this and this. Both excellent articles by Hourglass. They are written from a 1500-1850 points game point of view but its all good stuff.
    Archaon's Top Tip for profiting from the End Time: Pillage before you burn

When I say jump you don't ask me 'How high?' maggot! You jump!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok. um, I have my infantry platoon command squad as a counter charge unit cos of my low troops numbers. About the lascannon on the tank, its because it didn't come with a heavy bolter! I don't intend to buy much more right now, so thats why I don't have plasma guns. The actual HQ unit is just there for some extra fire support, again I only have grenade launchers and flamers cos I haven't bought any special weapons. Should I have 2 lascannons, and if so, should I drop the hbolter or the autocannon? My honorifica squad can sit in amongst my troops, maybe behind a nicely placed piece of terrain, acting as a morale boost, then if it comes down to cc then he will hopefully kill something in the last stages. Since I have a small amount of troops I don't need much morale, maybe if I drop the techpriest then I can turn a junior officer into HSO and get rid of the nade launchers for company standard and basically turn him into another morale booster. Then with the other doctrine then I could take drop troops... and use my honorifica squad to DS? or would he get his ass kicked? The improved comms is for the reserves roll, although I could have it attached with blu tack and pull it off in missions not using DS or reserves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would suggest two autocannons, they are good against infantry and light tanks.
    I wouldnt deep strike the command squad, it's kinda suicidal, guardsmen cant rely on good toughness or saves to survive. For a better close combat defence why not add some grey knights or use the sentinal to tie up low stregnth squads.

and yeah the techpriest is kinda pointless, but if it's just a friendly game, why not?
    BOOKS OF THE IMPERIUM

+ Reply to Thread