[1000] ig first list-friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000] ig first list-friendly

just got into the game and decided to go ig, my first list so please help, thanks, im going with the 8th cadian soi tryed to theme the weapons somewhat accordingly

HQ-40
    -junior officer
    -4 guardsmen
    HQ SUPPORT-190
    -6 guardsmen-3xAutocannon
    -6 guardsmen-3xAutocannon
    HQ-40
    -commissar-laspistol-ccw
    TROOPS-226
    -platoon 1 hq-junior officer-4 guardsmen
    -squad 1-10 guardsmen-grenade launcher-lascannon
    -squad 2-10 guardsmen-grenade launcher-lascannon
    TROOPS-226
    -platoon 2 hq-junior officer-4 guardsmen
    -squad 1-10 guardsmen-grenade launcher-lascannon
    -squad 2-10 guardsmen-grenade launcher-lascannon
    TROOPS-80
    -20 conscripts
    FAST ATTACK-195
    -3 sentinels-autocannons-armoured crew compartment
    TOTAL-997

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The armoured crew compartments are really needed on the sentinels and only make them too expensive. They don't help that much against shooting. I personally would never dream of going into a 1000 point match without atleast one tank with the Imperial Guard.
    Finally, grenade launcher and lascannon is a rather odd combination of weapons to have in a squad - what are you going to be using the squad for? Grenade launchers can go with just about heavy weapon except lascannon, but lascannon is striclty anti-tank, which the grenade launcher isn't good at. Basically, you'll always be wasting a weapon.
    Since you have so many lascannons in your squads, you might want to put heavy bolters in the heavy weapon squads, since you wont need any more anti-tank. This, combined with no armoured compartments, and scrapping the conscripts should get you a tank into your army as well.
    The Imperial Guard is like a punchbag - No matter how hard you hit it, it'll always be ready for a fight.

Vcitory for the Imperial Guard comes about through the sacrifice of our men, not through the cowardly survival tricks of other armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

I would make one of your HW HQ squads a Lascannon variety, they are only 15pts more per squad. Add something to your HQ Command squad, Mortar, Iron Discipline and a Standard is a must. Drop the Commissar for Iron Discipline, and hense drop the Conscipts.

Give your Platoon HQ Iron Discipline and again some sort of Heavy Weapon. Perhaps a heavy Bolter and Grenade Launcher, or just a Mortar. Mortars don't do much, but can help in some situations, and are worth 10 points so the squad can keep out of LOS.

Add two of the Autocannons to a couple of your troops squads and keep the Grenade Launchers in those squads, but add Plasma to the other ones. Lascannon/Plasma squads are the best combo by far.

Your Sentinals will be completetly wasted as you have no other Armor on the field to draw fire. I would take a Leman Russ or a Bassie before I would take a Sentinal. Sentinal are O.K., but you have to have Heavies first. Never put ACC on anything that is AV10, you'll have Penetrating hits anyway, so it won't matter, and you've wasted the points.

For this list, I would recommend one or two Storm Trooper squads to Capture objectives/quarters etc.

Your list has the basis for a good one, just needs some tweeking.

Cheers!
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

+ Reply to Thread