1500 list and a dilemma - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

1500 list and a dilemma

I have here a 1500 list of Dark Angels. Could I get some advice on it. Plus, I want to make an 1850 list with this as the base. Could I get some ideas for the other 350 points.

Master of Sanctity
    +Terminator Honors
    +Bolt Pistol
    +Furious Charge
    119pts

Command Squad [10]
    +Veteran Sergeant
    +Powerfist
    ++Plasma gun
    ++Furious Charge
    220pts

2x Tactical Squad [10]
    +Veteran Sergeant
    +Powerfist
    +Stubborn
    ++Meltagun
    +++Drop Pod
    225pts each
    450pts total

Tactical Squad [10]
    +Veteran Sergeant
    +Powerfist
    +Stubborn
    ++Plasma gun
    190pts

Assault Squad [10]
    +Veteran Sergeant
    +Powerfist
    +Stubborn
    ++2x Plasma Pistols
    265pts

Land Raider
    +Extra Armour
    255pts

1499pts total

That's about it. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Umm, there isn't a single unit dedicated to shooting. A lot of armies will be able to out-assault you, remember that when making your army lists.

I would give the chaplain a jump pack and attach him to the assault squad, and give the command squad a fear of the darkness librarian and put them in a drop pod.

Tactical Squad [10]
    +Veteran Sergeant
    +Powerfist
    +Stubborn
    ++Plasma gun
    190pts
    I would remove this entirely and stick in 2 5-man tactical squads with a plasma cannon. Costs 190 pts for the 2 of them.

Oh, and drop the Land Raider. They're really only good for transporting termies, otherswise a few tactical squads can get the shooting job done better. You can use the points for the librarian, who should cost about 140 pts. Then, with the remaining points, throw in a Ravenwing Land Speeder with an assault cannon. That would improve your entire list immensely. If you just started out with a Land Raider, a tactical squad, and an assault squad on the board, you're in for trouble. Now you have more stuff to hurt the enemy before your podders come in.

As for expanding to 1850 pts, I would say add in:

Ravenwing Land Speeder w/ assault cannon, 80 pts
    Venerable dreadnought, TLLC, ML, extra armour, tank hunters, 170 pts
    Tactical squad x5, Plasma cannon, 95 pts

...which gives you 5 more points, to give the librarian something I guess. Hang on...

Codicier librarian, terminator honours, bolt pistol, fear of the darkness, 121 pts...
    If you drop a marine somewhere, you can make the librarian an epistolary with veil of time...

Epistolary, terminator honours, veil of time, fear of the darkness, combat shield, familiar, 175 pts
    ...well you'll have to drop about 2-3 marines, but he will really help you. A librarian with veil of time can wipe out a lot of guardsmen before going down (I had ezekiel trapped in the middle of about 60 guardsmen and he killed more than half before dying, and I even forgot to use Veil of Time altogether! But I did get lucky with armour saves and bionics. When he was down to 1 wound, he failed 2 saves, and I rolled 2 6's for bionics!).

Maybe you should give him furious charge, too (the whole squad). Not much beats a Librarian charging with 6 attacks at S5 I6 who re-rolls everything (He will kill about 4 marines per turn or about 3 termies).

Meh, sorry to drool over librarians so much, cheers,
    Ezekiel1990

+ Reply to Thread