1st Cadian Planetary Assault Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st Cadian Planetary Assault Force

I've been using this list for a while now, and pretty much have it just about where I want it to be. It's primarily aimed at defeating standard marine army's, and does so with relative ease. A marine list has yet to beat it, although my demolisher has an uncanny ability to produce the hits exactly when they are needed most. Tanks are generally used to cover the flanks, while the grenadiers take the front lines backed up by the core infantry platoon. The vet squad is a fantastic anti marine 'bait' unit. Too good a target to resist, enemy infantry that try to crack this squad tend to end up dead when the rest of the army opens up on them.
    The most unusual aspects of this list are probably the command squads, with the HQ command squad having a particularly unusual set up. The idea was to keep them both cheap, while maintaining some decently powered shots. The HQ command squad is intended to provide some 24inch fire on the move, towards enemy units that begin to get close to my main lines. The all assault weapon layout is to allow a suicide charge as a last resort, hopefully buying me a turn to withdraw my more valuable squads. I have had this unassuming squad get 'under the radar' on many occassions and pop light tanks with the grenade launchers too. The apparent weakness of this squad can become a useful tactical tool if used correctly. The infantry command squad acts as a defacto fire support squad, and generally does a good job in its role while still providing its little leadership bubble.
    Anyway, on to the list.

Doctrines:
    Grenadiers
    Close Order Drill
    Iron Discipline

HQ
    CMD Squad
    Junior Officer - Iron Discipline, Stormbolter
    2x Guardsmen with Grenade Launchers
    2x Guardsmen with LP + CCW

Anti Tank Squad
    3x Lascannon Teams

Troops 1
    Infantry Platoon
    Cmd Squad
    Junior Officer - Iron Discipline, Stormbolter
    2x Guardsmen with Grenade Launchers
    1x Heavy Bolter team

4 x Squads
    Sargeant with Lasgun
    Lascannon Team, Guardsman with Plasma Gun

Troops 2
    Grenadiers, 10 man
    1 Vet Sarge with Power Weapon and Hellpistol
    2 Plasma Guns

Troops 3
    Grenadiers, 10 man
    1 Vet Sarge with Power Weapon and Hellpistol
    2 Meltaguns

Elites
    Hardened Veteran Squad, 10 man
    1 Vet Sarge with Stormbolter
    1 Heavy Bolter Team
    3 Plasma Guns

Heavy Support 1
    Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Hull Heavy Bolter, Sponson Heavy Bolters, Smoke

Heavy Support 2
    Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Hull Heavy Bolter, Sponson Heavy Bolters, Smoke

Heavy Support 3
    Leman Russ Demolisher
    Hull Lascannon, Sponson Plasma Cannons, Smoke

Men: 86
    Tanks: 3

So there you have it, feel free to criticise or make comments. The list does well, but its very tight in the points department, so finding points for changes is always difficult.

What Guardsmen dont want to hear...
    "Ok boys, time to fix bayonets!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Wow, nice tight list, not much to critique. A couple of small points.

I like to put a standard in my HQ, just in case I fail a test.

Your second Grenadier squad could be made into a DS Elite choice, which would better suit the Melta kit, any thought to that?

Do you keep the Demolisher back with the other Russes, or move it forward? If you move it, I like the Hull HB, and Sponson HBs to save points.

Otherwise, nice list!
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've thought about all of those things actually, the standard in particular is something I would really like to squeeze in there, although then I'd probably find myself trying to find points for an honorifica for the junior officer to make better use of it.

I find the grenadiers to generally do well, even without the deepstrike ability. In general, most opponents I play push their forces forward though, which tends to play into the strength of having a concetrated gunline. I'll admit however that indirect fire can be a problem when I face it, however thats not too often, hence the more static setup.

The Demolisher loadout is another love it or hate it issue I find. I tend to use it on its own holding one flank, while the standard Russes hold the other. It generally doesn't move too much, unless its towards the end of the game and I'm trying to secure objectives. Additionally, I like having access to multiple high strength, low ap shots just in case there's an opponent fielding units like carnifexes or wraithlords. A weapon destroyed result on this bad boy still leaves a very dangerous weapons platform in operation. The points saved on an all HB loadout is attractive however, and definitely something I've given thought too. I'll probably try the list with the HB set up and standard in the HQ and see how it does.
    What Guardsmen dont want to hear...
    "Ok boys, time to fix bayonets!"

+ Reply to Thread