[1850] biker SM - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [1850] biker SM

heretical thoughts? ShadowZora13's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    231 (x4)

[1850] biker SM

This is my half DiY half GW inspired Army consisting of bikes, whirlwinds and infiltrating devastators. It just ws eliminated from Votewar MkIV with a record of 2-2, losing vs latd w/ 3 basi and 90 muties, and 150 orks. I think it did pretty good. The below list has a few modifications to what was in Votewar, but the concept is the same.

The backgrounf info for this list can be found here: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...tml#post656798 (Angels of Fire)

Angels of Fire
    Space Marines

Advantages:
    Be Swift as the Wind, Honor your Wargear
    Disadvantages:
    Die Standing, Aspire to Glory

Master of Sanctity-167
    Bolt Pistol; Frag Grenades; Artificer Armor; Space Marine Bike; Terminator Honors; Crozius Arcanum; Rosarius

6x Veteran Space Marine Bikers Squad-288
    Skilled Riders; Furious Charge
    2x Flamers
    Veteran Sergeant:
    Power fist; Bolt Pistol; Combat Shield
    1x Attack Bike Heavy Bolter

10x Devastator Squad Marines-320
    Infiltrate; 4x Plasma Cannons or Lascannons

6x Space Marine Bikers Squad -273
    Skilled Riders
    2x Meltaguns
    Veteran Sergeant:
    Power fist; Bolt Pistol

Skilled Riders
    2x Meltaguns
    Veteran Sergeant:
    Power fist; Bolt Pistol

Skilled Riders
    2x Meltaguns
    Veteran Sergeant:
    Power fist; Bolt Pistol

Whirlwind-85
    Castellan mines or Vengeance Missiles. (With the Castellans being preferred)

Whirlwind-85

Whirlwind-85

HQ: 167
    Elites: 608
    Troops: 819
    Fast Attack: 0
    Heavy Support: 255

Strategy is to use the whirlwinds to set mines where they are necessary, such as in front of the army, to one side, on the objective, or in front of the infiltrating devastator squad which would then be acting as a bait squad. The chaplain is attached to the elite bike squad. The bikes will all move up to the enemy and hit them hard when they try to attack the bait devastator squad, and possibly push them into more mines.

Now an option is to make the first bike troops squad 4 regular bikes and an attack bike, with plasmagus, and give the other 2 squads multimeltas.

For 2000pt I plan on adding either a Dread, or 5 scout bikes with either tank hunting gear or a fisted serg, or maybe some regular scouts.

C&C appriciated. Thanks.

"...lest we perish without ever recognizing our peril"
    -Inquisitor Hoth

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Master of Sanctity-167
    Bolt Pistol; Frag Grenades; Artificer Armor; Space Marine Bike; Terminator Honors; Crozius Arcanum; Rosarius
    Remove artificer armor, your chaplain will definatly do the charging, and given how powerful a chaplain is on bike, the only thing that will touch him are powerfists, which arent effected by arty armor.

6x Veteran Space Marine Bikers Squad-288
    Skilled Riders; Furious Charge
    2x Flamers
    Veteran Sergeant:
    Power fist; Bolt Pistol; Combat Shield
    The combat shield is not needed, and probably wont be useful.

10x Devastator Squad Marines-320
    Infiltrate; 4x Plasma Cannons or Lascannons
    Considering how little shooting this squad will take, id only field 8 men.
    Your bikes are simply to scary to worry about a squad like this, infact youd be better off if the enemy shot them, and 8 men would at least give the enemy a shread of hope that they might kill them, considering they have infiltrators, its unlikely they will go without a good cover save as well. So 8 man should do you just fine.

Skilled Riders
    2x Meltaguns
    Veteran Sergeant:
    Power fist; Bolt Pistol

Skilled Riders
    2x Meltaguns
    Veteran Sergeant:
    Power fist; Bolt Pistol

Skilled Riders
    2x Meltaguns
    Veteran Sergeant:
    Power fist; Bolt Pistol
    These are excellent.

Whirlwind-85

Whirlwind-85

Whirlwind-85
    I find vengeance missiles are easier to use, and have more prodictable results, however castellans have there uses, however you can pick as soon as you see your opponent which should give you some idea of what to except.

Strategy is to use the whirlwinds to set mines where they are necessary, such as in front of the army, to one side, on the objective, or in front of the infiltrating devastator squad which would then be acting as a bait squad. The chaplain is attached to the elite bike squad. The bikes will all move up to the enemy and hit them hard when they try to attack the bait devastator squad, and possibly push them into more mines.
    Few armies are fast enough to fall for this bait, that is, your bikes will already be infront of this squad, or even with it, in essance, your gonna be doing the charging, with rare exceptions like against dark eldar.

Anyway, i wouldnt count on them for that roll. However, id incourage you to talk them up, so your enemy will hopefully waste shots at them.

With the changes above you save: 61 points.

Perhaps not useful for 1850, but when you step up to 2000, you should probably remove those points to allow for more possibilities. (currently perhaps switching arty armor to an adamantium mantel would be a better choice. however your list is basically solid as it is)

Given the results of the votewar, it looks like most people believe your list lacks the ability to fight hords, and they are correct to an extent, you are often massively outnumbered. So when you step up to 2000, id bring things which are good at dealing with hords.

2 LST would be nice, they'ed add a nice mowing down effect to enemy hords, and they can take objectives.

Or simply another bikes squad.

I would avoid dreadnoughts, espeically with out drop pods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    231 (x4)

Thankd for the advice. The Artificer armor and combat sheild were there mostly for use of extra points, although I would have been smart to invest in a multimelta I think. And maybe some plasmaguns, because you can argue they can still charge after firing, asseen here:http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ity-trait.html
    post #16

I hadn't thought of the adamantium mantle tho, thanks.

I'm thinking if I want the devs to survive all that fire focused on them I should keep em large unless it would do me better not to. Will look into that.

The problem is with 150 pts you cant do much in a biker army. Scout bikers are the only feasible option, or taking two small elite squads or something.... or a drastically weaker HQ...hmmm

-Inquisitor Hoth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

231 (x4)

Anyone else Got anything to say on this list? I know I'm double posting, but I really need more input on it, and its dropped down so far with only one reply from a guy who had critiqued it for 3 weeks durration durring the votewar it was in...

-Inquisitor Hoth

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Psh, votewar told you what you need: more anti hord.

But i dont agree with that, few orc armies really even have 150 models.

I played orcs last week, with BT allies.

The orc had 2000 points of orcs, but only 120 orcs.

Now, maybe better orc players would field 150 in 2000, your unlikely to see a completly infantry orc list again.

I had 4 LST, they killed like 700 points of stuff, 2 warbuggies, one of those battle plateforms/transport things, a tank, and uncountable orcs.

The only person here who knows bikes better then me chaos brynn, and possibly ezekiel.
    Last edited by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar; May 23rd, 2006 at 08:03.

+ Reply to Thread