1500 TORNEY Advice needed ^^ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 TORNEY Advice needed ^^

Hey guys, I started collecting WH late last year, this 1500 pt list is intended for torneys and i would love if you guys could give me some advice.

HQ

Canoness
    Inferno pistol
    Blessed weapon
    Cloak of St. Aspira
    Jump pack
    Litanies of faith
    Mantle of Ophelia

Canoness
    Inferno pistol
    Eviscerator
    Cloak of St. Aspira
    Jump pack
    Litanies of faith

ELITES

Inquisitor
    Bolt pistol

Callidus

TROOPS

14 Sob
    + Vet upgrade
    2 flamers

14 Sob
    + Vet upgrade
    2 flamers

FAST ATTACK

10 Seraphim
    BoSL
    Superior
    2 flamers
    Eviscerator

HEAVY SUPPORT

Exorcist

Exorcist

Exorcist

Firstly, i know what you're thinking, 3 exorcists?!? yes that's right. IMO Excorcists are teh ownage. And 3 just decimate, and 3s good incase 1 or 2 get popped early game leaving you with no AT. And with that excorsist laucher *drools* they are just so hax, able to decimate any heavily armoured unit.

2 Cannonesses are awesome.
    I know i could leave the callidus assasin out. But IMO he is awesome too, well worth it.
    I read in one of reds post you should get 8, not 10 seraphim to make them easy to hide, but at the rate they go down i believe you need all the sera you can get, and 2 more does make a difference.

Any advice will be MUCH apprieciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks pretty basic. what i would personally do is drop the litanies of faith and mantle of ophelia and give your vss' something useful. like a brazier or storm bolter or something.

could give them both storm bolters then youd have 20 points left to make your inquisitor not so worthless. right now hes just dumb

you could give him a storm bolter and power weapon, or scourging or something. just so he doesnt just stand there all game.
    leave the moderating to the moderators

if pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm thinking im gonna drop 2 sister flamers off each Sob sqaud, drop 2 seraphim. and add 3 Veteran guardsmen with my inquisitor, and give it a bolter/plasma combi. and mabye a sage or 2...

I plan to make that Cannoness run aroung on its own, and with its toughness being what it is... I dont wanna lose it on the first turn to a stray lascannon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -41 (x0)

3 exorcists lol ouchhhh

interesting to see someone taking 2 canonesses AND an assassin as it seems most people think there should only be 2 characters running about in a 1500pts game.

not sure about you sister squads... they should be 12 strong, and replace the flamers with storm bolters becuase you probs wont use the flamers on foot. if i were you i would reduce one squad to 10 sisters (keeping the flamers) and put them in rhino making a nice divine guidance flamer squad

you dont need 10 seraphim... seriously 22pts is quite abit. my squads only 6 sisters strong with flamers, eviscerator and the book of st lucius. (you can see them and the rest of the army here: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...uahahahah.html theres also LOADS of advice in the topic from red that may help )

defo do something to the INQ tho... at the moment hes just gonna sit there doing jack... yeash give him a plasma gun and a plasma cannon... or just a plasma if you want. the re-rolls the sages give should protect you from over heating for all of the game unles you roll a 1 for both guns in one shooting phase.. :rolleyes:

keep the faith
    -SONS of RUSS member-

Exiled until 5thED redo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I absolutely agree, so far ive reduced my squads to 12 man each, taken away the flamers, im not sure about the storm bolters, are they really worth it?, ive also reduced my seraphims to 8.

With the points left over, ive given the INQ scourging, 3 seargents with plamsa rifles, 2 sages and a chirugeon.

I will consider putting 1 squad in a transport thats a good idea.

How do you think this list will do competitively?
    Last edited by Firax; April 28th, 2006 at 14:40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mhh..about seraphim if u want to play lot of them my advice is to put them into 2 different squads.first because, se u said, they are easier hideable;secondly they are the unit that will spent the mostly of your faith points to give them inv save 3+.so because if u have to roll over the number of the team, obtaining a 10 is not sp easy
    -Innocence proves Nothing-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the italian is giving some good advice
    plus by splitting them into 2 squads you getanother faith point.

i like storm bolters, like was already mentioned if your foot slogging how often are you going to get to use your flamers? with how weak sisters are your going to be wanting to stay as far away from the enemey as possible. storm bolters are also assault weapons so you can still shoot them after moving around. 2 in the squad and 1 on the vss is great imo.

for guardsmen on the inq, i think they are better off as gun servitors with heavy bolters. 9 bolter shots > 3 plasma shots. especially when you already have 3 exorcists, no reason for the plasma imo.
    leave the moderating to the moderators

if pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -41 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by micah
    for guardsmen on the inq, i think they are better off as gun servitors with heavy bolters. 9 bolter shots > 3 plasma shots. especially when you already have 3 exorcists, no reason for the plasma imo.
    unless hes facing power armour, but your right the heavy bolters are nice (but id use the plasma lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Firax
    I absolutely agree, so far ive reduced my squads to 12 man each, taken away the flamers, im not sure about the storm bolters, are they really worth it?, ive also reduced my seraphims to 8.

With the points left over, ive given the INQ scourging, 3 seargents with plamsa rifles, 2 sages and a chirugeon.

I will consider putting 1 squad in a transport thats a good idea.
    the INQ sounds ok, but id strongly recommend taking one more sister off the seraphim.

storm bolters are nice as micha said. if you really want some points then by all means take the storm bolters off the sisters, but they are still nice#

transports recomended for one sister squad definatly :yes: combo them with the seraphim. (seraphim and rhino squad divine guidance the enemy (or just shoot him) then seraphim charge and hold the enemy in place until your opponents turn where you jump out of combat. then in your turn you divine guidance or just shoot him up again. should make a mockery out of the enemy )

How do you think this list will do competitively?
    alright, its pretty well rounded (apart from the exorcists lol) could you please update your list with another post so we can look at it again?

cheers
    -SONS of RUSS member-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, heres the second version. Its either this, or i take the INQ squad and callidus out and put in another seraphim squad and a few extra stuff.

HQ

Canoness
    Inferno pistol
    Blessed weapon
    Cloak of St. Aspira
    Jump pack
    Litanies of faith
    Mantle of Ophelia

Canoness
    Inferno pistol
    Eviscerator
    Cloak of St. Aspira
    Jump pack
    Litanies of faith

ELITES

Inquisitor with bolt pistol and CCW
    3 Warriors all with heavy bolters

Callidus

TROOPS

10 Sob
    + Vet upgrade
    Flamer
    With Rhino
    EA SL

12 Sob
    + Vet upgrade

FAST ATTACK

7 Seraphim
    BoSL
    Brazier of holy fire
    Superior upgrade
    2 flamers
    Eviscerator

HEAVY SUPPORT

Exorcist

Exorcist

Exorcist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -41 (x0)

Ok, heres the second version. Its either this, or i take the INQ squad and callidus out and put in another seraphim squad and a few extra stuff.

HQ

Canoness
    Inferno pistol
    Blessed weapon
    Cloak of St. Aspira
    Jump pack
    Litanies of faith
    Mantle of Ophelia

Canoness
    Inferno pistol
    Eviscerator
    Cloak of St. Aspira
    Jump pack
    Litanies of faith

ELITES

Inquisitor with bolt pistol and CCW
    3 Warriors all with heavy bolters

Callidus

TROOPS

10 Sob
    + Vet upgrade
    Flamer
    With Rhino
    EA SL

12 Sob
    + Vet upgrade

FAST ATTACK

7 Seraphim
    BoSL
    Brazier of holy fire
    Superior upgrade
    2 flamers
    Eviscerator

HEAVY SUPPORT

Exorcist

Exorcist

Exorcist
    neat list but needs further analysis:

at first look a thought the seraphim VSS was illegal because the book of st lucius is 1handed thus you had 3 weapons lol.. but im wrong because its wargear lol silly me :rolleyes:

i dont wanna pressure you into doing something you dont wanna do, but people on this forum would tell you to take away the INQ and the assassin and get yourself some more sister stuff. i would kinda agree with them. id say take a retrubutor squad with 4 heavy bolters instead of the INQ (you get faith, 1 more heavy bolter and divine guidance (which is needed for any power armoured army)) but your heavys are already filled with those 3 exorcists. However i personally like the idea and profile for the callidus...

you desperatly need a second flamer in that rhino squad (and maybe a brazier on the VSS)

i would personally do the following:
    drop the mantle on the canoness
    drop the inferno pistol on the second canoness (you have an eviscerator afterall), give her a bolt pistol
    drop the brazier on the seraphim VSS (too many flame template is overkill)
    drop the INQ

get a heavy flamer or a normal flamer on the rhino squad then...
    upgrade the squad to celestians (can handle themselves much bette rin combat that sisters and you are guaranteed to hit combat with a squad with flamers)
    give the celestian vss an eviscerator and a book (for the same reason as the seraphim vss)
    then get yourself 5 IST with 2 plasmaguns (rapid firing plasma can rock power armour) to fill your troops out

there you have basically gotten rid of the INQ and made that rhino sister squad into a pretty damn effective unit that can work with the seraphim or just divine guidance the hell outa the enemy you have also got those IST. i just didnt see the INQ going anywhere really.

thats just my view though lol, you could keep the INQ in if you already have the models or you really like him

mmhmm cheers
    -SONS of RUSS member-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast