1850 DH w/WH Allies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 DH w/WH Allies

Hey, first time poster here...about to go into battle against my friend's Tyranid list, which is very horde..about 30 Genestealers, lots of Termaguants and Hormaguants. In the past, his 'Stealers have been my bane, with their initiative and their Rending, so I'm really hoping to pour on as much shooting as possible.

I know one thing I'd change in the list is dropping the BC's retinue for another squad of PAGK, but I don't have the models for it, so I'm letting it ride.

Please, let me know what you think, and offer any advice/tactica on fighting the bugs!

HQ:
    BC w/Psycannon
    Retinue = 5 GK Terminators, 1 w/Psycannon

Troop:
    IST x10
    In Chimera w/MultiLaser, Heavy Bolter, Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter,Extra Armor)

PAGK x10 (Justicar has Teleport Homer, 2 of GK’s have Incinerators)

Elites:
    SoB Celestian Squad (1 Sister Superior w/Bolter, 5 Celestians w/Bolters)
    In Immolator w/Twin Linked Heavy Flamer

Ordo Malleus Inquistor w/Psycannon, Emperor’s Tarot
    Retinue = 1 Gun Servitor w/Plasma Cannon, 2 Gun Servitors w/Heavy Bolters, 2 Sages, 1 Mystic)

Vindicare Assassin

Heavy Support:
    Land Raider Crusader
    1 Dread w TLLC & DCCW w/Incinerator
    1 Dread w Plasma Cannon & ML

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

For the tactic of pouring on a lot of firepower, you seem to have a frighteningly low body count. Remember that regular GK's have stormbolters, making them extremely effective vs massed infantry.

HQ:
    BC w/Psycannon
    Retinue = 5 GK Terminators, 1 w/Psycannon
    Little hefty here - its like you turned down a GM but still invested his points in GKT. I'd definitely drop the retinue once you get the models for it.

IST x10
    In Chimera w/MultiLaser, Heavy Bolter, Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter,Extra Armor)
    Give the IST special weapons! Always always always! I suggest grenade launchers for the range & templates.

PAGK x10 (Justicar has Teleport Homer, 2 of GK’s have Incinerators)
    Incinerators are a bad call here - Nids are fast, and you'll rarely be close enough to them to use the Incinerators, as they'll get the charge most of the time. Stormbolters or psycannons are better here.

Elites:
    SoB Celestian Squad (1 Sister Superior w/Bolter, 5 Celestians w/Bolters)
    In Immolator w/Twin Linked Heavy Flamer
    Not sure what the point of this squad is except for the Immolator. I'd prefer an Armored Fist or somesuch.

Ordo Malleus Inquistor w/Psycannon, Emperor’s Tarot
    Retinue = 1 Gun Servitor w/Plasma Cannon, 2 Gun Servitors w/Heavy Bolters, 2 Sages, 1 Mystic)
    This unit is fine, although I'd put Auspex on the Inquisitor - always handy in case there're infiltrators.

Vindicare Assassin
    The Vindicare I can understand - good for removing synapse creatures and such.

Land Raider Crusader
    I don't like those regardless of foe. But some people do. Regardless, I hope you aren't planning on putting any models in here - Tyranids are fast, they'll close on you quickly. And you'd be better off footslogging models so that you can have them shoot.

1 Dread w TLLC & DCCW w/Incinerator
    1 Dread w Plasma Cannon & ML
    I'd swap the TLLC/DCCW/Incin for an Assault Cannon/DCCW/Incin - more shots per turn, making it much better at horde stopping. The second Dread I like as-is - long ranged templates will do wonders for you.

You really could do with some maxed out infantry units, be they SoB, GK, IST, or IG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by mEGALOMANIAC
    You really could do with some maxed out infantry units, be they SoB, GK, IST, or IG.
    I have to agree with that, probably SoBs if you can't get GKs. SoBs make a decent firepower squad, you can stuff a fair few in the squad, and they're 3+.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I had pretty much some of the same thoughts when I got home. Swapped Incinerators out for Psycannons on the PAGK, and put 2 Grenade Launchers on the IST.

If I had my wooden druthers, I definitely would put in some troops in lieu of the GKT, just don['t have the models right now.

The SoB are there to beef up the numbets, they're 2 points more than the IST's, but better saves, stronger weapons, and better in CC. (Not that it matters against Nids.) The Immolator I'm hoping will do well with it's ability to move 12" and fire always fire the heavy flamer and reroll to wound, but we'll see. They also are now toting a Heavy Bolter to add to some of the firepower as well.

The LR is not going to have any troops in it, it's primarily a rolling fire base that hopefully will draw the 'Stealers away from my troops, since they're one of the few 'Nid units he has that can scratch the 14 Armor on it.

I did wind up putting AC on both Dreads, along with Missile Launchers. I figured no point in DCCW since if they get into CC with most of the Nids, they're going down quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put some CCW with the AC and put heavy flamers on hte CCW, these are nid killng machines! charge into synapse creatures with str 10! Ac missile combo is generally a bad idea because the missile launcher has 48 inch range and the AC only 24, so neither can be used effectively.
    The gold grey knight man. These are hardy men who like cheese.

Ever thought of how cheese was found?:
    Brother captain
    `` I say sah, the milk in this barrel smells foul!``

Grand master:
    ``Oooohhh, give it a go!``

''Quack, damn you!''
    -Jamie heinamen, Mythbusters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Mustard's right; better having the powerfist so you can use the Incinerator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I just finished from the battle, and delivered a whoopin' upon the bugs! He had a total of 92 models, and by the end, he only had a single Carnifex with 1 wound left on it. I was going relatively unscathed until the end where his Hive Tyrant rampaged on my armor. I lost total my IST & Chimera, my 2 Dreads, my LR, 1 of my Terminators, and 1 of the SoB. The Inquisitor unit was my MVP as they rained shooty death down on the 'Nids and then even made a horde of hormaguants break from CC and run off the board.

I think I agree with removing the Missile Launcher, it was only so-so effective, but I really could have used the DCCW when the Hive Tyrant laid into my Dreads. We're doing it as a campaign, but I still have some room to tinker with my lists, the way we're doing it.

Thanks for all the advice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite welcome mctucklebury!
    You should post that battle on the battle report forum ill gladly read it!

Brother captain

Grand master:

''Quack, damn you!''

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posted a full battle report, rambling and incoherent as it is, over at the relevant forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good ill read it right now.

Brother captain

Grand master:

''Quack, damn you!''

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast