Sons of the Forge - Tourney Legal -2000 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

Sons of the Forge - Tourney Legal -2000

Chapter Name: Sons of the Forge

Traits: Scions of Mars, Purity Above All

Disadvantages: Eye to Eye, Have Faith In Suspicion

Origin: Chapter founded on a Forge World, believes in the Omnissiah (Emperor and Machine God are one and the same), each marine being heavily bionically augmented, almost to the point of being Marine-Servitors, led by Techmarines. (thats the basics, more in depth to come)

Army List:

HQ: Techmarine
    Scions of Mars
    Servo-Harness
    Iron Halo
    Terminatior Honors
    Bolt Pistol
    2x Tech Servitors
    =176

Elite: Techmarine
    Terminator Honors
    Bolt Pistol
    2xTech Servitors
    = 101

Elite: Dreadnaught
    Venerable
    Extra Armor
    Smoke Launcher
    = 133

Elite: Terminator Squad x5
    Assault Cannon
    = 220

Heavy: Predator Annihilator
    Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    Extra Armor
    Smoke Launcher
    = 138

Heavy: Whirlwind
    = 85

Heavy: Devistator Squad x 7
    Missile Launcher x4
    = 185

Troops: Tactical Squad x8
    Terminator Honors
    Purity Above All
    Power Weapon
    Plasma Gun
    = 180 x4 = 720

Fast: Land Speeder Tornado
    = 80

Fast: Assault Squad x5
    Terminator Honors
    Power Weapon
    Teleport Homer
    = 145

=1983

Questions? Comments? :sleep: Concerns?

Last edited by Son Of The Forge; May 9th, 2006 at 00:27.

This was a triumph...
    I'm making a note here:
    HUGE SUCCESS
    Its hard to overstate my satisfaction.
    Adeptus Mechanicus;
    We do what we must because we can
    for the good all of us,
    except the ones who are dead...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Why not throw in another two assault marines? You have the spare points so why not put them in? Other than putting in more marines my only other suggestion is speed. Your thirty marines are lacking in any way to get around on the board other than by hoofing it. Taking out one of the four squads for three rhinos increases the speed of the remaining squads and frees up some more points to put in another marine or two. It is never exactly a bad idea to increase the strength of a squad after all. (and those five assault marines are going to be begging for some more brothers to help them when they get caught in the thick of the fighting...)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Does Scions of Mars make predator annihilators cheaper? If not, your points are off.

Personally, I'd get rid of that assault squad. Without the option of having a chaplain, their effectiveness drops especially in a game of this size. I'd trade them in for another LST.
    We all carry on,
    When our brothers in arms are gone.
    So raise your glass high
    For tomorrow we die,
    And return from the ashes you call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should consider using a 5 man squad with apoth, and PC, and take out the assault marines to add a dev Squad w/ plas cannons. These 2 squads to stay together and the apoth would elimnate most of the risk involved in plasma weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

Wow, I thought that my post had gotten lost in the pile and was pretty much ignored. Thanks for those that took the time out to reply!

Quote Originally Posted by DEADMARSH
    Does Scions of Mars make predator annihilators cheaper? If not, your points are off.
    You are correct, I made a mistake on the numbers and didn't realize it. I've gone back and edited the list and total points so that they are both correct. Good catch! :yes:

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever
    Why not throw in another two assault marines? You have the spare points so why not put them in?...(and those five assault marines are going to be begging for some more brothers to help them when they get caught in the thick of the fighting...)
    A pretty good assesment, the assault squad might need a beefing up to potentially last longer on the board, but since I've got even less points than before, 17 points left in fact, now I can't add even one without taking away from something else. Right now as they stand, they're basically there to quickly plant the teleport homer as far up the baord as possible and get into combat to block line of sight to my incoming Termies. They're not really there to be a devistating force and probably not going to kill too many units as they are now. This is pretty much fine with me, as they have a specific job, but do you think they might need a few more numbers to handle the incoming fire and last in close combat for at least a turn? Could they make do with what I have? If not, then what should I get rid of to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever
    Other than putting in more marines my only other suggestion is speed. Your thirty marines are lacking in any way to get around on the board other than by hoofing it. Taking out one of the four squads for three rhinos increases the speed of the remaining squads and frees up some more points to put in another marine or two. It is never exactly a bad idea to increase the strength of a squad after all. )
    I want to make as much use of the Apothacary Sergeant's powers as possible, especially since it costs so much. This means that the tactical squad needs to be as big as feasably possible to soak up the damage that the apothacary's powers can't ignore. Also, since the powers are basically only useful in the enemy's shooting phase (except for ignoring your own plasma gunner's injury). Putting the squad in transports, rhinos and drop-pods alike, are redundantly protecting the squad from enemy fire but also carrying them closer to being in assault range of the enemy, where again the apothacary's powers dont work. It's basically come down to this decision: Apothacaries or Transports. Doing both is not only redundant, but expensive.

The reason that I've gone with Apothacaries is mostly fluff-based. Each of my Vet Apothacary Sergeants are going to use the various older techamarine models. The concept of my army is heavily bionically augmented marines being 'repaired' in battle by thier 'techmarine' sergeant. At least to me, this is a cool idea, but it doesn't really fit with the use of transports. I'm still debating this issue though. Are there any alternatives that I could try?

This was a triumph...
    I'm making a note here:
    HUGE SUCCESS
    Its hard to overstate my satisfaction.
    Adeptus Mechanicus;
    We do what we must because we can
    for the good all of us,
    except the ones who are dead...

+ Reply to Thread