MEdusa V army 1000pt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MEdusa V army 1000pt

hey this is the army i am using for the medusa campaign and i could use so sugggestoins

Hq
    Captain
    power wepon
    boltpistol
    termie honors
    combat shield

Command squad 9
    2x flamers
    serg. power fist/honors
    drop pod

Troops
    8 scouts
    snipers
    180pt

8 scouts
    snipers
    180pt

Tactical squad 10
    2 x flamers
    power fist/honors
    drop pod

Tactical squad 10
    2 x flamers
    power fist/honors
    drop pod
    995pt
    so any suggestions

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Overall looks pretty good, although I don't know how drop pods will fare in a city fight environment. So this is what I would do:

1.Get rid of the drop pods.
    2.Give the commander and his CS infiltrate.
    3.Upgrade a tac squad to veterans with infiltrate.
    4.As you are lacking anti tank weaponry I would take at least one or two landspeeders with multimelta and heavy flamer to take care of tanks/dreadoughts if an opponent takes some armor.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright i was thinking i could block of routes with the pods but if i don't use them i woul still not have enough points for the speeders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by hero
    alright i was thinking i could block of routes with the pods but if i don't use them i woul still not have enough points for the speeders
    Good point, how about keepin the DP's and increase 1 scout squad to a 10 man unit, and droping the other, this should give u enough points to buy 1 speeder and give frag grenades to your command squad.

BTW what chapter are u using?
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

OK, this may seem harsh, but against all comers, that list sucks.
    You have no anti-tank (well, no reliable anti-tank anyway, powerfists can get lucky, but you shouldn't rely on them), and have gone all out on the worst upgrade available to you.
    Here's a breakdown:

HQ:
    If you're going to drop-pod, a Librarian is far more suited to the role. If you're insisting on the Captain, give his command squad 2 melta guns and infiltrate, maybe go for the CC elements of the command squad (champion and veteran sergeant), but only if you have spare points.
    Either way, the flamers are not worth the special weapon slots. In the HQ squad, go for melta, it's nasty when you land, and if you need to try and assault something it gives you those lovely extra shots before charging.

Troops:
    Loose the sniper scouts, if you want scouts then try out a CC squad (large numbers, frag grenades, veteran sergeant w/ power fist), or missile launcher squads. Sniper rifles are just not good enough to be worth that many points, especially when you probably won't be coming across many monstrous creatures, and if you do they will be easily able to stay out of LOS (I'm assuming you're using cityfight rules).

Those tactical squads need melta or plasma. While flamers seem nice, especially in cityfight, unless you only play against orks/eldar/guard they are going to be next to useless.

Overall, I like the style of the army, it should work nicely in cityfight (assuming you make some of the changes I suggested). All infiltrating/drop-podding is powerful and forces your opponent to think very carefully about thier movements, but that doesn't mean you should be lazy. You have to make sure that your troops remain supported, and don't get cut off and taken apart as and when they arrive.

I would loose one squad of scouts, change the other into a CC squad, change the weapons around in the SM squads, and add a dread in a drop-pod. This should be aproximately similar points, and maintains what I see as your theme.

Again, no offence was meant. I hope you understand that this is not a personal thing, I am just trying to help you make a better, all purpose list. The one you have is probably very nasty vs. hordes, but it would be a walkover for a MEQ player.

Good luck,
    -t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

+ Reply to Thread