[1000] Space Wolves Assault Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

[1000] Space Wolves Assault Army

Hey all. Atm I'm currently testing out a lot of SW combinations so you'll see a few lists pop up in this forum.

Here's the 'Fast Assault' Army. Yeah, I'm aware I have no Anti-Armour.

HQ

Wolf Lord (115 points)
    - Terminator Armour, Storm Bolter, Frost Blade, Wolf Tooth Necklace

Rune Priest (111 points)
    - Bolt Pistol, Frost Axe, Wolf Tooth Necklace

Troops

10 Grey Hunters (221 points)
    - 7 with Bolters and Close Combat Weapons
    - 1 with Plasma Gun
    - 2 with Bolters and Power Fists

10 Blood Claws (164 points)
    - 2 with Power Fists, Bolt Pistols and Frag Grenades
    - 8 with Bolt Pistols, Close Combat Weapons and Frag Grenades

Fast Attack

Blood Claws with Jump Packs (180 points)
    - 2 with Bolt Pistol and Close Combat Weapon
    - 2 with Power Fists and Bolt Pistols
    - 1 with Flamer

Blood Claws with Jump Packs (180 points)
    - 2 with Bolt Pistol and Close Combat Weapon
    - 2 with Power Fists and Bolt Pistols
    - 1 with Flamer

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, lord in termy armour bad I commented on this in your other threads. You also dont need 2 HQs in 1000 points, drop one the priest and put the squads in Rhinos. Drop the Lord down to WGBL if you need more points.

I would drop the grey hunters down to 9, swap the plasma for melta and loose the bolters. Drop the bloodclaws down to 9 also. This lets you add your character to either rhino squad. Alternativly dont get in the rhino and just walk behind it as a shield. good for saving those expensive bloodclaw jump guys.

Combine the assault squads into a single unit of 8 and get them a wolfguard leader with a thunderhammer, drop the flamers as well.

Any points remaining a melta speeder would be nice.
    The man of tomorrow is judged by his battle today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderOne
    Again, lord in termy armour bad I commented on this in your other threads. You also dont need 2 HQs in 1000 points, drop one the priest and put the squads in Rhinos. Drop the Lord down to WGBL if you need more points.
    Um, you might wanna read the CodexW again. SWs must have 1 HQ "for every 750pts in the army, rounding fractions up."
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basic Math:

Rounding is a way of dealing with fractions. Sometimes fractions are not needed. They may just get in the way and complicate a simple situation. It may be handy to just eliminate the fraction. Rounding does this by producing the nearest integer:

3.00 --> 3 3.14 --> 3 3.5 --> ? 3.76 --> 4

As you can see 3.14 gets rounded to 3, and 3.76 gets rounded to 4. The case of 3.5 is a slight problem, as it is equally distant from 3 and 4. Traditionally, 3.5 is rounded to 4. 1/2 becomes 1. People often call that "rounding up" or "we round .5 to the next higher integer."

750/2 = 375

1000 - 750 = 250

250 is less then half so you round down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

134 (x4)

Basic Math:

Rounding is a way of dealing with fractions. Sometimes fractions are not needed. They may just get in the way and complicate a simple situation. It may be handy to just eliminate the fraction. Rounding does this by producing the nearest integer:

3.00 --> 3 3.14 --> 3 3.5 --> ? 3.76 --> 4

As you can see 3.14 gets rounded to 3, and 3.76 gets rounded to 4. The case of 3.5 is a slight problem, as it is equally distant from 3 and 4. Traditionally, 3.5 is rounded to 4. 1/2 becomes 1. People often call that "rounding up" or "we round .5 to the next higher integer."

750/2 = 375

1000 - 750 = 250

250 is less then half so you round down.
    LOL. I will refrain from being insulting. Just read the bloody rule. Here, I'll provide a direct quote (as I did before): "...exactly one HQ unit for every 750 point in the army, rounding fractions up." Read the last 3 words carefully.

That is all.
    Last edited by kore; May 18th, 2006 at 16:40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you say round fractions up its exactly as I said, if they imply somthing else its worded wrong. The given example in the book dosent swing it either way and unless its cleared up in a FAQ then its another "grey area" open to interpretation. In math rounding up is .5+, that is how I was taught math, that is what I use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

134 (x4)

In math rounding up is .5+, that is how I was taught math, that is what I use.
    *groan*
    Correct, this assumption is accepted in any "rounding situation," I agree with you on this as this is how I was taught. However, the rule is specific in its wording as GW intends that all rounding is to be "upward." The specific language, that which I've quoted twice now, is an exception to the "rounding rule," that is why they specify rounding up. They are very clear that they want you to break the rule you and I have been taught, otherwise they would've simply said "rounding all fractions" not "rounding fractions up."
    Last edited by kore; May 18th, 2006 at 18:47.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if they ment it the other way wouldnt they have said "1 hq per 750 or part 750 points"? We all know GWs codexs have some very bad english and I would accept either interpretation, unless someone says in a FAQ or whatever which is correct then use whichever you think is right.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Well if they ment it the other way wouldnt they have said "1 hq per 750 or part 750 points"? We all know GWs codexs have some very bad english and I would accept either interpretation, unless someone says in a FAQ or whatever which is correct then use whichever you think is right.
    Please see every space wolves list on this forum.

The rule does not state round to the nearest interage to determan number of HQs.

The rule clearly stats round any fraction up.

Its like this, a bus averages 3.14 riders perday. The bus company wants to make sure there is seeting for all the passengers, so do they round the number of seats to the nearest interager or simply up?

They would round up, because if they didnt, every once in awhile someone would have to stand/not be allowed on the bus.

Anyway, thats not a perfect example, but if you field 751 points of space wolves, you must select two HQs, although if your opponent is cool, im sure theyd let you slide.

Anyway, at 1000 wolves need 2 HQs.

That is why wolves play best at 1500, and 2000 (well 2100, but thats pretty rare)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar
    Anyway, thats not a perfect example, but if you field 751 points of space wolves, you must select two HQs, although if your opponent is cool, im sure theyd let you slide.
    I agree. Personally, I think the points limit of the game should decide this, under the whole rounding up rule. If it is a 750pt battle, 1 HQ is need. If you make a 753pt army and your opponent doesn't mind this, 1 HQ is still needed. If it is an 800pt (random number) battle, 2 HQs (under the rounding up rule) are required. Hope that makes sense.

+ Reply to Thread