help with a 1000pt sob mech. list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help with a 1000pt sob mech. list

I wanted to do a army were my tatic would be to have tanks that in the first turn move, pop smoke launchers(or fire) then move again and dump a load of sisters of right next to the enemy so that they can rapid fire and fire alot of flamers and so on ... but this tatic has some big flaws as you can see straight away.
    -The first i saw was that rhinos only have armour 11 so every strength 5 gun is going to be aiming their way.
    -I start with next to no squads out ont the feild, just a few tanks that with draw fire.
    -There is a good chance that my sisters might die inside the burning, destroyed rhinos.
    -The transports dont come cheap and if i droped 2 rhinos i could get another ten sisters out their(but then my tatics would go out the window sooo....)
    -I might find it hard to take out marines because i will end up rly close to them (and they have a good chance of winning combat)
    - dnt rly have any good chance of taking out any beastly loards or monstaras creatures :s
    any way the army list i came up with....

HQ - 286
    ---Canoness w/blessed wepon, cloak of st A, litanies faith, book of saint lucius and bolt pistol.
    ---5 woman squad of celestian w/ 2 flamers
    --- transported in an immolator w/Hv bolters, blessed ammo, smk&arm

TR - 412
    ---10 woman squad of battle sisters w/2 flamers, Veteran with brazier of holy fire ---transported in a rhino w/smk&arm

---10 woman squad of battle sisters w/flamers & melta gun, Veteran with brazier of holy fire ---transported in a rhino w/smk&arm

HV - 300
    ---6 woman retributor squad w/3 Hv bolters & a multi-melta, veteran

---6 woman retributor squad w/3 Hv bolters & a multi-melta, veteran

Faith points = 9

...the problems i can see with this is in deployment i only have 3 tanks and 2 squads but the 9 faith points will help in combat but i still dont trust their toughness 3 and i thought about penitent engines, sister repentia or arco-flagellants but i wanted an all sister army and the others cant have a transport:cry: so i might get my ass kicked in close combat with my tactic of getting close and hoping that they all die in the masses of fire i put out (but bad rolls happen) but with all this i doo like the idea of lots of tanksrunning around the feild.

so if you managed to read all this and without turning into a mindless zombie(well done) i would like any thoughts on my tatics or my list. thnxs.

Dnt judge my judgments plz
    Its not my fault, blame some other guy
    www.myspace.com/ike36

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

That is a good list to start with. Look at other 1000pts armies posted here - many will have similar challenges/solutions discussed.

Mechanised is a way to go according to many people, so you are on the right track. Few things that come right up:

-Maybe do not mix HB with MM in your Retributors... If you want MM on them, I say that they should start inside a Immolator so that you can move them up 12", unload them behind it and wait for incoming armor...
    -HB on Immolator is OK, but with Heavy Flamers you can move 12" (and not only 6') if you still want to fire... I say either stick with HF or go all the way for MMelta - you can hunt other Rhinos with that.
    -If you go all-Mechanised, Exorcists are a necessity

I like your list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eventualy i'm going to replace one of the retributor squads with an Exorcists but the cost alot of money :cry: but thnx for your advice i will probably go with the hv flamer then and just change it depending on the army i'm facing.
    Dnt judge my judgments plz
    Its not my fault, blame some other guy
    www.myspace.com/ike36

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Well, keep also in mind that you do not have anything to take on enemy tanks, and I am not sure if you even will be able to deal with Rhinos here. You have only one meltagun, 2 Mmeltas (but mixed in with H and blessed weapon (on a lucky day it can kill a Rhino). What are you going to do with armies sporting more armor?

On a second thought, maybe in this light your two MMeltas are not such a bad idea here... With each squad having one, they will cover more ground from two locations, and the difference in range betwen HB and MM can be overlooked for the time being. Also, do you have any Seraphims (for you especially with Inferno Pistols untill you get the Exorcist), or maybe more Meltagun Sisters to throw in the mix?

As for the Exorcist - order a Whirlwind launcher from GW mail-order. That should cost under $15 if you get free delivery to your local GW store, and you can build something like this, to put on your Rhino/Immolator chasis (I also got the ornamental plates, but they are not necessary):

To summ it all up - my first competitive army was very simmilar - two Rhinos for Celestians and Troops, one squad on foot, 6 Seraphims, 8 Retributors and no Exorcist at all - it was fun Good Luck!
    Last edited by SmokWawelski; May 22nd, 2006 at 17:14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Smok is on the money,. mech sisters are common and very effective, ou are correct that rhinos are not impregnable but the way to go is called preenting a target righ environement, basically put up as many tanks as possible,

You need 2 exorcists to do this well.
    You should not take heavy botlers on immolators, stick with flamers
    rets are nice but optional, if you do take them take a squad of 6 and buy them an immolator, they dont have to be in it and it adds to the tanks
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread