1500pt Sisters - Newer Player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt Sisters - Newer Player

I'm a newer player here but i've been reading up on sisters for quite a while and wanted to make a list that would do well under tournament circumstances...

1 Canoness (HQ) @ 140 Pts
    Blessed Power Weapon; Inferno Pistol; Jump Pack; Cloak of St.Aspira

1 Canoness (HQ) @ 125 Pts
    Eviscerator; Cloak of St.Aspira; Mantle of Ophelia; Jump Pack

7 Seraphim Squad (Fast Attack) @ 203 Pts
    Twin Bolt Pistols ( x4 ); Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades
    Twin Hand Flamers ( x2 ); Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades

1 Veteran Sister Superior
    Eviscerator; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades

7 Seraphim Squad (Fast Attack) @ 203 Pts
    Twin Bolt Pistols ( x4 ); Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades
    Twin Hand Flamers ( x2 ); Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades

Eviscerator; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades

10 Battle Sisters Squad (Troops) @ 202 Pts
    Bolter ( x8 )
    Flamer ( x1 )
    Heavy Flamer ( x1 )

Power Weapon

1 Rhino
    Extra Armor; Smoke Launcher

10 Battle Sisters Squad (Troops) @ 142 Pts
    Bolter ( x8 )
    Flamer ( x1 )
    Heavy Flamer ( x1 )

Bolter

1 Exorcist Tank (Heavy Support) @ 140 Pts
    Extra Armor

1 Exorcist Tank (Heavy Support) @ 140 Pts
    Extra Armor

6 Retributor Squad (Heavy Support) @ 225 Pts
    Bolter ( x1 )
    Heavy Bolter ( x4 )

Veteran Sister Superior
    Bolter
    Simulacrum Imperialis
    Auspex

1 Immolator
    Extra Armor; Smoke Launcher; Holy Promethium

Starting Faith: 9

Total Points: 1520

Some gameplay questions -
    1. Should I add another rhino to cart the second BS squad around?
    2. What is the point cost of a Simulacrum Imperialis? I want the retributors at 6 man strength so i can get a immo without the HS spot (they will never be in the immo) so i wanted a cheap way to make sure i could use faith without constantly missing the roll with the low squad numbers?
    3. I know there is alot of debate on the forums about the need for inferno pistols. Can anyone give me their thoughts on if its a waste on the first canoness?
    4. If Holy Promethium worth it? I like the idea of setting heretics and xenos ablaze in blessed flames and it doesn't cost much but if i'm never going to use it/it doesn't work well it would be better to use those points elsewhere.
    5. How do I get the points down to 1500 with or without new stuff?

Some modeling questions - (remember i need WYSIWYG)
    1. What is the best way to model a Canoness with a jumppack and an Eviscerator or BlessedPW/Inferno... i assume that the Canoness blister does not contain the parts needed for these.
    2. The seraphim Sister Superiors from the Seraphim box come with a sword and what looks like a plasma pistol what is the best way to make this into and eviscerator. Should a model with an eviscerator have a bolt pistol?
    3. The Sister Superiors in my BS squads are modeled with a sword and a bolter. I was wondering if the SoB get the rule that they can use the bolter as a 1 hand weapon. If i give the VSS a power weapon does she still get her bolter? What is the best way to equip a BS squad superior? What is the best way to model this?

I like the general outline of this army. It gives me the models to play effectively at 1000 pts and 500 pts. If i were to play a 2k point army i would probably only add a =][= and a lot
    of assassins... see this link -> http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-assasins.html

I like the idea of being able to control the board and with a mobile army (2 seraphim squads, rhinos etc) i can keep him occupied with assasins till my main forces arrive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -41 (x0)

nice detailed post, i'll let some WH powerhouse deal with the list, but about the modeling questions i had the same problems:

Quote Originally Posted by Vauk
    Some modeling questions - (remember i need WYSIWYG)
    1. What is the best way to model a Canoness with a jumppack and an Eviscerator or BlessedPW/Inferno... i assume that the Canoness blister does not contain the parts needed for these.
    i cut the bolt pistol off the bolter hand and stuck the sword on it, leaving her right hand for that fluffy looking scroll thingy. i green stuffed a jump pack... pretty simple really, just model some sort of exhausts on her backpack

2. The seraphim Sister Superiors from the Seraphim box come with a sword and what looks like a plasma pistol what is the best way to make this into and eviscerator. Should a model with an eviscerator have a bolt pistol?
    here i got the eviscerator from the canoness sprue and cut it up and stuck it on in place of the sword the VSS already has. again pretty simple conversion.

good look with the sisters

cheers
    -SONS of RUSS member-

Exiled until 5thED redo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a newer player here but i've been reading up on sisters for quite a while and wanted to make a list that would do well under tournament circumstances...
    <Snip list>

I really dig your list. Thinking of something very similar myself.

I'm no expert, but I thought I would see if I could provide a few answers to some of your questions.

1. Should I add another rhino to cart the second BS squad around?
    I reckon so, personally. You need to get to the frontlines asap and with a minimal squad losses.

2. What is the point cost of a Simulacrum Imperialis?
    It's listed in the description of each Battle Sisters squad. Copyright infringement to list it here (AFAIK), but it appears in the description section if a squad is able to take it.

I want the retributors at 6 man strength so i can get a immo without the HS spot (they will never be in the immo) so i wanted a cheap way to make sure i could use faith without constantly missing the roll with the low squad numbers?
    I'm not big on immolators myself and I would forego it, but that's just me.

Neat idea with the Simulacrum and Retributors, but you may be better served by an additional sister or two instead?

3. I know there is alot of debate on the forums about the need for inferno pistols. Can anyone give me their thoughts on if its a waste on the first canoness?
    I like em. If the opportunity presents itself and you can pop a vehicle, well worth the points IMO. Gives her a little more versitility. I don't think it's a waste - consider the equivalent cost of a VSS with a demolished vehicle. Even if you kill only one marine, it has made its points back.

4. If Holy Promethium worth it? I like the idea of setting heretics and xenos ablaze in blessed flames and it doesn't cost much but if i'm never going to use it/it doesn't work well it would be better to use those points elsewhere.
    I've never used it, so can't offer advice here.

5. How do I get the points down to 1500 with or without new stuff?
    If you dropped the Immolator and picked up a Rhino for the second BS squad (when they charge in and flame with divine guidance, it will be kinda like an Immie anyways ), and perhaps shaved the grenades off the Seraphim you'd be getting closer to your target. Most people would advise against the power sword on the VSS as well - don't know how much difference it is gonna make.

...and I'm not sure, but I think your first Canoness is 10 points over? (Don't have the codex at hand).

Anyways, good luck with your army.
    NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!
    Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i personally would drop the extra connoness- i think its unfluffy to have 2 commaders. if you wanted to keep the immy ( i would ) you could do the following-

remove the mantle of ophelia
    Take off the Vet sister superiors power weapon
    the extra armour off the exorcists
    the imagifer off the retributors.

This would give you 55 points to spend on rhino-y goodness.

+ Reply to Thread