2000 pt grenadiers, 1st list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt grenadiers, 1st list

Here's my first shot at an IG list. I'm trying for a more grenadier feel, though I added in a basic platoon for more bulk.

I left the points a bit high, since I figure you guys will easily trim the extra.

Doctrines:
    Grenadiers
    Iron Disipline
    Veterans
    Light Infantry
    Sharp Shooters

I was hoping to get Cameleoline in there since much of my army infiltrates. Any ideas?

HQ:

Junior Offier w/ Honorifica 101 pts
    Master vox, Veteran w/ standard, Iron Disipline

Anti-Tank Squad 130 pts
    3 Lascannons, Sharp Shooters, Light Infantry

Fire Support Squad 100 pts
    3 Heavy bolters, Sharp Shooters, Light Infantry

Elites:

10 Hardened Veterans 135 pts
    Missile launcher, 3 plasma guns, vox

Troops:

10 Storm Troopers 136 pts
    Vet Sgt w/ power weapon, 2 meltaguns, vox
    Chimera 93 pts
    Multi laser, heavy bolter, extra armor, smoke

10 Storm Troopers 136 pts
    Vet Sgt w/ power weapon, 2 meltaguns, vox
    Chimera 93 pts
    Multi laser, heavy bolter, extra armor, smoke

Junior Officer 80 pts
    3 Plasma guns, vox, Iron Disipline

Infantry Squad 100 pts
    Lascannon, plasma gun, vox

Infantry Squad 100 pts

Infantry Squad 100 pts

Heavy Support:

Leman Russ 155 pts
    Heavy bolter, heavy bolter sponsons

Leman Russ 155 pts

Leman Russ 155 pts

Total: 2036 pts, aiming for 2000

Since this would be more an army I picked for the models and the change of pace, I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of effectiveness. For example, I just don't care much for using an artillery Basilisk in a "mobile" force despite the fact the indirect fire would likely make it a better choice than a 3rd Russ..though the model would make nice variety...And Ratlings, Ogryns, and Rough Riders are out.

That said, anything you can suggest to make the list more effective and point efficient would be greatly appreciated. I don't own any of the models, so every unit is flexible or replaceable.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By and large this isn't a bad list, in fact except for the Stromies its alot like a list I run.

But I don't use vox and I would recommend you don't either because all of the units you're running are either going to be with 12" of a level 8 or better officer or have LD of 8 all by themselves. You're spending 70 points (master vox + 9 voxes) for a mere +1 LD. Plus if you really want ID you don't take vox because you can't pass ID through Vox.

But other than that I really like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

I agree with socprof on the Master Vox, I don't think you need it for with Iron Discipline.

Because you use vets, I would do two things. Drop Light Infantry for Cameolelene. It is impossible to get good infiltrating spots in most games, so you end up infiltrating to where you would have set up anyway. The vets can infiltrate anyway for Cleanse games.

I swap the Lascannon from the troops and exchange the missle launchers from the Vets. I would rather have a 3+ to hit Lascannon than ML.

Other than that give smoke to the Lemans, and the list is quite good!
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback.

I was torn about that Vox thing myself. Seemed like a lot of points for base 8Ld units, but then, those really aren't units I wanted falling back. I'll cut the voxes to free the points I was over and replace the missile launchers with lascannons. I'm so used to my entire army being BS4, forgot while saving 10pts and making the veterans a bit less tempting a shooting target is always good, these are my only BS4 heavy weapon shots.

I see your point about the Light Infantry. While nice thematically, it would be a rare table to have 5 good points to deploy with infiltrate outside of my regualr deployment zone and HQ already deploys pretty late, so little bonus there. Think I'll pass on the Camo after all. I like the idea, but I'd have to cut an entire infantry squad to include it.

+ Reply to Thread