1500 Ultramarines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Ultramarines

HQ:

Master = 117
    Power Weapon
    Bolt Pistol
    Iron Halo
    Frag Grenades

Reclusiarch = 107
    Power Weapon
    Bolt Pistol
    Rosarius
    Jump Pack
    Frag Grenades

Total: 224

(They're HQs, so not much to say. Terminator Honours were removed on review to add in second tactical squad)

Elites:

Tyranid Hunters = 223 (Master)
    Sergeant, 6 Marines
    1x Power Fist/Bolt Pistol
    1x Heavy Bolter
    1x Flamer
    5x Bolter
    Krak Grenades
    Frag Grenades
    Purity Seals
    Transport: Rhino
    Smoke Launchers
    Extra Armor

Total: 223

(I have several 'Nid opponents, so I felt they were a solid choice. Especially against 'fexes and such.)

Troops:

Tactical Squad = 253
    Veteran Sergeant, 9 Marines
    1x Heavy Bolter
    1x Plasma Gun
    7x Bolter
    Smoke Launchers
    Extra Armor

Tactical Squad = 253
    Veteran Sergeant, 9 Marines
    1x Heavy Bolter
    1x Plasma Gun
    7x Bolter
    Smoke Launchers
    Extra Armor

Total: 506

(mobile firepower, which is what I feel marines are all about. I only included the HBs in case I needed to set up a defensive perimeter and/or killzone in cover for anti-troop power.)

Fast Attack:

Assault Squad = 240 (Chaplain)
    Veteran Sergeant, 8 Marines
    2x Flamer
    6x Bolt Pistol/CCW
    Frag Grenades
    Jump Packs

Total: 240

(needed counter assault with a mobile, yet somewhat static feeling list)

Heavy Support:

Devastator Squad = 200
    8 Marines
    4x Missile Launcher
    4x Bolter

Predator 'Destructor' = 115
    Autocannon
    Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    Extra Armor

Total: 315

(anti-tank and what-not)

Tactics: The two tacs will speed up and take up defensive positions in cover where available, laying down coverfire for everyone behind them. The assault marines with chappy will hide out near the tacs until the assaulting enemy troops get a little too close for comfort. Their speed should allow me to either catch the enemy before they can get to CC, or crash in and bring them down with combined arms if they reach my front line position. Devastators will obviously hang back and blast tanks, so yeah. Tyranid Hunters will work as a mobile support unit. When one flank needs assistance or breaks down, they'll speed up and provide covering fire while the tac squad gets back on it's feet, or stays there if a tac squad dies. The predator will fulfill a similar role, moving around the battlefield and laying down a hail of anti-infantry fire.

My view on this is that I will crush horde armies under my thumb, but mech armies may give me fits if I can't bring down the transports fast.

Opinions?

Sam Mills (1959-2005) and Mark Fields - Keep Pounding

Cry Cheese, And Let Loose The Wraithlords And Templar!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um, why do u have 2 hq units in a 1500 point game. that's a little too many for 1500 points. u should use 2 hqs in 2000+. i would drop the master, freeing up 117 points for maybe another pred or a small dev squad. the tac squads look good for anti-infantry, but may have trouble against IG Leman Russ'. Beside the devs, what other anti-tank support do u have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdeath3
    um, why do u have 2 hq units in a 1500 point game. that's a little too many for 1500 points. u should use 2 hqs in 2000+. i would drop the master, freeing up 117 points for maybe another pred or a small dev squad. the tac squads look good for anti-infantry, but may have trouble against IG Leman Russ'. Beside the devs, what other anti-tank support do u have?
    I have two HQs for the morale, and assault power. Since I have only a single real counter-assault unit, I needed the Chap's re-rolls and what-not to give them some serious hitting power. The Master, while a nice CC beast, is there mostly for morale, since my model count is somewhat low and I don't want anything running off the board on a bad roll for a LD 8 morale check.

The autocannon can bust tanks if the need is bad enough. Also, if I see my opponent deploy a few tanks that bother me, I can always choose to DS my assault squad and powerfist things to death if i'm worried about bringing them all down.

But to be honest, 4 MLs have usually done the job for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know 4 mls are great, but what about a Leman Russ'. they have front armor, making them invuln to krak nades in the front. 6+D6 is less than the leman russ front armor. u would need to hit the side, in which u would need to roll a 6 in order to glance it or hit the rear which is a 4+. i can see how the devs would be good against infantry, but a little sketchy against heavy armor. i understand about the master being there for morale. if you remove one bolter from each tac squad, u can throw termie honors on both the chappie and the master. trust me, in CC ur gonna want terminator honors to get one more attack to kill the enemy. well, thats my $0.02

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdeath3
    i know 4 mls are great, but what about a Leman Russ'. they have front armor, making them invuln to krak nades in the front. 6+D6 is less than the leman russ front armor. u would need to hit the side, in which u would need to roll a 6 in order to glance it or hit the rear which is a 4+. i can see how the devs would be good against infantry, but a little sketchy against heavy armor. i understand about the master being there for morale. if you remove one bolter from each tac squad, u can throw termie honors on both the chappie and the master. trust me, in CC ur gonna want terminator honors to get one more attack to kill the enemy. well, thats my $0.02
    One problem with your theory.

MLs are strength 8 when using Krak missiles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o, i thought they were s6. ok, u have a 1/6 chance of killing a leman russ from the front. and a 1/2 from the side and a 5/6 from the rear. nvm, the army is good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Cypher,

I like your football taste. I've been a fan since the expansion. I went to college in Charleston, SC.

This year, they're looking really strong--maybe we'll get another Super Bowl treat.

Now, on the topic of 40K, I understand your reasoning with 2 HQs, and it's sound, but still expensive. I think that maybe a higher model count is a better option.

I also think you need more lascannons in there to deal with heavy tanks and MC's. Not a lot of them, but a twin-linked LC on your predator would be a good start.

I'm glad to see that someone else is still willing to use APCs. They have a lot of benefits other than as an "assault squad" delivery system.

Cheers
    4 bionic bitz for Og "Da Boss" Grotstompa
    40 grots stomped
    400 boyz killed in action
    4000 light years of "Ere we go, Ere we go, Ere we Go" without a break
    $40K spent on GW

I'm a SM commander with about 20 service studs in my head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grotstompa
    Cypher,

I like your football taste. I've been a fan since the expansion. I went to college in Charleston, SC.

This year, they're looking really strong--maybe we'll get another Super Bowl treat.

Now, on the topic of 40K, I understand your reasoning with 2 HQs, and it's sound, but still expensive. I think that maybe a higher model count is a better option.

I also think you need more lascannons in there to deal with heavy tanks and MC's. Not a lot of them, but a twin-linked LC on your predator would be a good start.

I'm glad to see that someone else is still willing to use APCs. They have a lot of benefits other than as an "assault squad" delivery system.

Cheers
    Yesss. Panthers own my soul man. I have at least two grand in Panthers gear, never miss a game, and try to go to at least two every year.

And yeah, we are looking solid. If Foster can keep his bones unbroken we'll have a solid running game with DeAngelo Williams and Goings.

Anyway, on to 40k, that's not a bad thought. I may take the Pred Anni with HB sponsons instead of the autocannon. Just need to free up a few points for that. I've actually got a revised list in the works, so i'll post that in a day or so and get the finished copy up. While they hadn't been mentioned yet, I felt there were some flaws that needed adjusting.

By the way, i'll PM you the link to the sports forum I live at. It's great. No open flaming noobs, intelligent discussion, all sports, and general daily life stuff too. Would love to have you around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher-
    Yesss. Panthers own my soul man. I have at least two grand in Panthers gear, never miss a game, and try to go to at least two every year.

And yeah, we are looking solid. If Foster can keep his bones unbroken we'll have a solid running game with DeAngelo Williams and Goings.

Anyway, on to 40k, that's not a bad thought. I may take the Pred Anni with HB sponsons instead of the autocannon.

Lucky B@$t@rd. I wish I didn't live on the West Coast during football season....

I suggested lascannons because the AP2 against monsterous creatures is usually necessary, especially Tyranids. Otherwise, the ML's usually do the trick. Your plasma guns should help out a lot, too.

I'll look for your revised list
    4 bionic bitz for Og "Da Boss" Grotstompa
    40 grots stomped
    400 boyz killed in action
    4000 light years of "Ere we go, Ere we go, Ere we Go" without a break
    $40K spent on GW

I'm a SM commander with about 20 service studs in my head.

+ Reply to Thread