1850 Grenadiers (experimental) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 Grenadiers (experimental)

Tell me what you guys think

HQ- Junior Officer- Honorifica, PowerSword, Iron Discipline- 75pts
    Retinue

Fire Support Squad- 3 Autocannons- Sharp Shooters- 105pts

Sentinal- Lascannon- 55pts

Elites- 10 Ogryns- 250pts

10 Ogryns- 250pts

10 Oryns- 250pts

Troops- 10 Storm Troopers- 2 plasmaguns- 120pts

10 Storm Troopers- 2 plasmaguns- 120pts

10 Storm Troopers- 2 plasmaguns- 120pts

Fast Attack- Sentinal- Lascannon- 55pts

Heavy Support- Leman Russ- Hull and sponson H. Bolters- 155pts

Leman Russ- Hull and sponson H. Bolters- 155pts

Basilisk- Indirect Fire- 125pts

Total- 1845

Idea is to swamp them with the 3 wound, toughness 4 Ogryns while blasting away with the battlecannons and earthshaker, and providing close support with the Storm Troopers.
    I slapped this list together in about 10 minutes while at work, so give me your thoughts.

"Let them come and feel the wrath of the Hammer of the Emperor! FIRE!!"
    Captain von Drake
    396th Belruvian Heavy Infantry

Regimental Battle Honors: Medusa Campaign
    Alma III Campaign

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think basically this list has too many points invested in Ogryns. Sure a squad might be useful, but three squads is a bit much, especially when each one costs the same as a decently kitted out infantry platoon. I'd definitely drop at least one of these squads and add in an infantry platoon of 2-3 squads so that you can form a decent gunline to base a strategy around.

I think the other problem this list has is its lack of mobility. You're going with units that want to get in to combat, and yet you will have to do it by moving 6 inches at a time. Maybe putting a squad of ogryns in a chimera might be worth a bit of a bash, although of course this will limit the size of your ogryn squads to 6.

I dont rate auto cannons at all. In fact, the only time I would ever field one is if I fielded an Exterminator, and even then I'd wish it was a 4th heavy bolter. If you want to kill tanks, use lascannons. If you want to kill infantry, use heavy bolters. Personally, I'd go lascannons every time as you have 3 pie plates that will deal with infantry quite well.

The rest of the army is fine, I'm a fan of stormies myself and your tanks will serve you well.
    What Guardsmen dont want to hear...
    "Ok boys, time to fix bayonets!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lack of mobility is almost part of the plan. Imagine, a 90-wound front line. The opponent has to decide on firing his big weapons at the ogryns, in a attempt to thin them from hitting their line like a frieght train, or firing at my tanks, which will be raining ordnance death on them.

Your other points are valid. The reason I went with autocannons was their versatility over H. Bolters and highr rate of fire over Lascannons.
    "Let them come and feel the wrath of the Hammer of the Emperor! FIRE!!"
    Captain von Drake
    396th Belruvian Heavy Infantry

Regimental Battle Honors: Medusa Campaign
    Alma III Campaign

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by joesawgunner
    The lack of mobility is almost part of the plan. Imagine, a 90-wound front line. The opponent has to decide on firing his big weapons at the ogryns, in a attempt to thin them from hitting their line like a frieght train, or firing at my tanks, which will be raining ordnance death on them.

Your other points are valid. The reason I went with autocannons was their versatility over H. Bolters and highr rate of fire over Lascannons.
    Anybody who loves Autocannons is OK in my book!

Get some Commissars in there and have 1 per Ogyrn Squad?

This Army is so totally different from what I'd regard as a rational Guard army that I'd just love to see it in action - I think it has real charm as an Assault Army.

I can just visualise your freight train hitting home!!
    Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

+ Reply to Thread