Black Templar 1500 - New to 40k Please Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Templar 1500 - New to 40k Please Help

Hiya guys im new to 40k but i have watched alot of my fellow gamers down at my club and talked to them about armys and i chose Black Templars because they look like a fun army and i like their fluff.

This is my go at an army list in 1500pts, maybe you guys could help me out because you all know more .

HQ

Emperors Champion (140)
    -Accept Any Challenge

Marshal (141)
    -Jump Pack
    -Terminator Honors
    -Power Fist + BP

Master of Sanctity (136)
    -Terminator Honors
    -Holy Orb
    -Bolt Pistol

Troops

All crusaders without a Meltagun or Powerfist + BP are armed with BP + CCW's.

Crusader Squad Alpha (135)
    -5 Initiates
    -3 Neophytes
    -Power Fist + BP
    -Meltagun

Crusader Squad Bravo (141)
    -6 Initiates
    -2 Neophytes
    -Powerfist + BP
    -Meltagun

Crusader Squad Charlie (141)
    -6 Initiates
    -2 Neophytes
    -Powerfist + BP
    -Meltagun

Elite

Dreadnaught (165)
    -Venerable
    -Twin Linked Lascannon
    -Missile Launche5r
    -Tank Hunter

Sword Brethren (165)
    -7 Sword Brethren
    -Lightning Claws
    -Meltagun

Fast Attack

Jump Squad (203)
    -8 Assault Initiates
    -Powerfist + BP
    -2 Flamers

Heavy Support

Predator Annihilator (133)
    -Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    -Smoke Launchers

Total: 1500

The Marshal obviously goes with the Jump Squad and the Chaplin i think should go with the Sword Brethren. The dreadnaught and predator kinda linger at the back taking out tanks and contributing to anti infantry when theres nothing else to do. Appart from that the 3 crusader squads just B-line it to the nearest enemy while the jump troops and sword brethren try to move around the side to try and take out some troops.

Please offer any suggestions for tactics or alterations to the list. Thank you guys.

Last edited by Ctrl-Alt-Delete; June 2nd, 2006 at 20:42.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Possibly swap the Jump pack around between the Chaplain and Marshal, as loath and common as it is, it's one of the most effective things out there to have a Jump Chaplain with a sqaud of Jetarines.

Also, the Pred on it's own? Nope. They have a tendecy to, well, die. A big target without another big target nearby to help is doomed. But you are smart and chose the Annhialator with Heavy Bolters, and the Dreadnaught is a FS role too. May you aren't going to lose them after all, just remember to keep them fairly distanced.

The Crusaders are great. Perfectly designed for their role, I.E. Righteous Zeal their way into the enemy.

For a first list, it rules. I see a strong base group of Grunts with it's fair share of deadly firepower. I see a strong, flexible lead element. I see multiple Fire support elements. I see a few extra squads to plug up any holes that may arrive. Good stuff!
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks buddy, i really appriciate you getting back.

I put the jump pack on the Marshal instead of the Chaplain because i heard that the Chaplain doent get to use his Unmatched Zeal ability when he is equiped with a jump pack(because hes going too fast flying in the air as opposed to running across the ground), is this true because i cant find it in the codex but they were pretty sure when they said it.

Zed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

It seems like a good list. I can see that the dreadnought is going to provide the heavy fire support and shoot at the high armour elites and vechiiles from a distance. If I would change anything, apart from what's already been said, I wouldn't give the Marshal a powerfist, but it's good that you've got a powerfist in most of the squads.
    "DICE FOR THE DICE GOD!"

And the almighty Dice God said to his followers "Thou shalt not speak ye words "anything but a one" For thou whoever'st speaketh this blasphemy will be cursed with thy rolls being of one".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ctrl-Alt-Delete
    Thanks buddy, i really appriciate you getting back.

I put the jump pack on the Marshal instead of the Chaplain because i heard that the Chaplain doent get to use his Unmatched Zeal ability when he is equiped with a jump pack(because hes going too fast flying in the air as opposed to running across the ground), is this true because i cant find it in the codex but they were pretty sure when they said it.
    anyone with a jump pack can walk their normal 6", assaulting with jump packs is considered on foot, so yes the Chaplain can use his unmatched zeal. I've yet to play a game where my BT Chaplain has not had a jump pack!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if i were to put the jump pack on my chaplain and put him with the assault squad, they could jump forward 12", then when/if they are shot zeal forward and then move and assault 18" right?

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Of course. Please do me a favour and he-*****-man-slap the fool who told you Jump packs disable righteous Zeal.

Of course, I prefer the Independant Characters to only have Power weapons because they still ignore armour and S4 only fails to wound monstrous creatures. That extra 10pts could go to something like Bionics for both Independant characters. But that's like careful crafting of characters and usages that you'll be pondering.

Other than that I see that you have no problems. Keep that list close to what it is. Me likee!
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well....while it doesn't say that the Chaplain's rule is wiped out, Jump Infantry are not affected by Righteous Zeal anyway.

So...that's kind of a null and void argument. :ninja:
    Sam Mills (1959-2005) and Mark Fields - Keep Pounding

Cry Cheese, And Let Loose The Wraithlords And Templar!

+ Reply to Thread