1500 Sisters Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Sisters Friendly

I have a sisters army that i like to play with pretty good results but i want to improve on it some.
    Right now the army list is

1500 Sisters Friendly

hq: 1cannoness- cloak of st.aspira, rosarius, blessed weapon, and inferno pistol
    + 4celestian Retinue 1 storm 1 flamer
    + 1 v sgt-plasma pistol & power weapon
    + 1 Preist power armor, laspistol & eviscerator
    pts 330

Elite: 6 Acro Flagellants
    pts 210

troops: 11 sisters 2xflamers
    + 1 v sgt ccw & plasma pistol
    pts 173

troops: 11 sisters 2xstorm bolters
    pts 171

fast: 5 dominions 2x meltagun 2x stormbolters 1 imagifer
    + 1 immolator hflamer
    pts 226

heavy: 5 retributor 3xhb, 1 mm & 1 imagifer
    + 1 immolator hb
    pts 255

heavy: 1 exorcist
    pts 135

i have 1 more exorcist & can make 1 immolator in to an exorcist also i have a squad of 8 sisters repenta + mistress and 4 more sisters, and inquisitor 2 chirugeon, 2 crusaders, 2 sages, 2 familiar, 1 penitent, and 3 acolytes and 5 seriphims 1 sgt with a ccw/pw and pistol and 1 with twin flamers.
    comments are welcome

Last edited by Omedon; June 6th, 2006 at 12:00.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

HQ: 1cannoness- cloak of st.aspira, rosarius, blessed weapon, and inferno pistol
    + 4celestian Retinue 1 storm 1 flamer
    + 1 v sgt-plasma pistol & power weapon
    + 1 Preist power armor, laspistol & eviscerator
    pts 330

Either take blessed weapon or inferno pistol to save points. This is an expensive squd to stay outside of a Rhino or Immy, and the way it is set up you need it up-close to be effective due to short range weapons...Can you get into action without too heavy losses while moving only 6"?

Elite: 6 Acro Flagellants
    pts 210

troops: 11 sisters 2xflamers
    pts 173

troops: 11 sisters 2xstorm bolters
    pts 171

Why not give the VSS another Storm Bolter if you have two here already? SHould save you some points again.

fast: 5 dominions 2x meltagun 2x stormbolters 1 imagifer
    + 1 immolator hflamer
    pts 226

I would not take the Storm Bolters here. Imagifier is not my favorite, but it might work for Dominions if you want to take them. My choice would be actually to drop the whole squad and use another Exorcist instead, with leftover points from savings on your list put into Seraphim squad :yes:

heavy: 5 retributor 3xhb, 1 mm & 1 imagifer
    + 1 immolator hb
    pts 255

Give no gear to VSS - Rets are not front line unit, they should not get into CC ever... Maybe Auspex only, if the enemy will try to infiltrate nearby...I am not also sure about mixing HBs with one MM... If you will take another Exorcist, you can try to proxy another HB with that MM sister for 12 shots at 36"

heavy: 1 exorcist
    pts 135

Add extra armor (on all the mechanized stuff actually).

This is my small input, and I am not an expert in those things...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

THis is a good army only if the enemy has the courtesy to meet you on your side of the field.

If you want to be more competitive (which seems to be your desire), then try to fill all your needs with the least amount of Special Equipment Purchases. Overall, it looks to me like there is too much reliance on the armory. Specialized equipment is expensive.
    How to do this?
    Identify the roles that you need filled, and try to fill those roles with unaugmented units.

The only special equipment that I see as very worthwhile is
    Hand-Flamers on Seraphim,
    Book Of St Lucius on squads whom I expect to see in CC,
    Cloak of St Aspira,
    Blesed Weapon,
    Eviscerator on a Seraphim VSS and/or Cannoness
    Mounted Flamers

I am of the 2 or more Exorcist School.
    Why?
    1- Sisters are severely limited in the Heavy Weapons they can take. They need a Heavy Weapon supplement.
    2- The Exorcist, point for point, is a very good value tank. Thus a good addition.
    3- Exorcists are like Rooks. Two of them are three times as good as one, because they balance out the D6 odds, and they protect each other with multiple batteries.

My advice on many of the special weapons.
    - Inferno Pistol: Is it worth 15 times as much as a Bolt Pistol? Hardly. Bad overall investment. Let the Exorcist do that job. The Vehicle damage chart is very severe, you don't need really high penetration to tak out a tank. 2 Exorcists will drop most tanks.
    - Celestian Retinue: Not necessary unless you have already filled your Elite Slots. Celestians should be taken as a seperate squad, giving you the option to un-join the Cannoness.
    - Rosarius: Bad deal. Make the CLoak 2+ INvulnerable in CC.
    - Plasma: I never take it. You're throwing away a free Bolter, and it's simply not worth 15 times a Bolter. I can get its job done with other equipment, and for less.
    - Arcos. I'm not crazy about using them. They are my favorite looking piece in the army, but they're dicey, difficult, and a hindrace to strategy.
    - Flamers on foot: Never never. No opponent with a brain will allow them to get used.
    - Footslogging troops: THey usually don't see much action. I keep them cheap. Defense only. Also, the SOB VSS (a 25 point model) is a terrible value. Think twice about her.
    - Dominions. I think they are a rip-off. I always can build a squad who can accomplish the same task for less.
    - Retributors should not have a Plasma Pistol. They should not be near anyone. THey also should not have the Mixed weaponry. I'd just take 8 or 10 Rets and the 4 HBs. Cheap and simple.
    - HB Immolator is an example of a tank with a bad value, as is the MM Immolator.
    - Exorcist should have extra armor. It is valuable & worthy of the upgrade.

- Where oh where are the Seraphim?
    Jump Back is the best srategic advantage that the WH army has. It's an extra move between turns. It's almost folly to discard their advantage.
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriphims extra move

Extra move?
    The only thing i see they have is hit and run that is it where is the extra move?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Hit-N-Run for all intensive purposes, is an extra move.

If they are in CC after the end of your opponent's phase, (or after yours) they may move 3D6. This move is taking place when nobody else is allowed to move. And when your turn comes up, you can still move again, as normal.
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zinfandel
    Hit-N-Run for all intensive purposes, is an extra move.

If they are in CC after the end of your opponent's phase, (or after yours) they may move 3D6. This move is taking place when nobody else is allowed to move. And when your turn comes up, you can still move again, as normal.
    ...combine that w/ an eviscerator and the seraphim can smoke a tank up to 36" away as of his turn (albeit with very good rolling, but his tank 99% for sure will not be that far away.)
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

+ Reply to Thread