First 40K Army. 2000 Friendly Witch Hunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First 40K Army. 2000 Friendly Witch Hunters

So, this is my plan for my Witchhunter army. Some feedback on it would be super, thanks.

HQ-192 PTS
    -Inquisitor Lord
    -Inferno Pistol
    -Eviscerator
    -Digital Weapons
    -2 Chirurgeons
    -Warrior
    -Crusader
    -2 Penitents
    -Sage
    -3 Acolytes
    -3 Auspex
    -3 Bolt Pistol
    -3 Close Combat
    -Familiar

Elites-523
    -Celestian Squad-183
    -5 Celestians
    -2 Storm Bolters
    -Veteran Superior
    -Storm Bolter
    -Power Armour
    -Immolator
    -Holy Promethium
    -Sisters Repentia Squad-230
    -10 Sisters
    -Mistress
    -Vindicare Assassin-110

Troops-526
    -Battle Sister Squad-167
    -9 Battle Sisters
    -2 Storm Bolters
    -Imagifier
    -Veteran
    -Bolt Pistol
    -Chainsword(close combat weapon)
    -Battle Sisters Squad-159
    -10 Battle Sisters
    -1 Melta Gun
    -1 Heavy Flamer
    -Veteran
    -Bolt Pistol
    -Chainsword(close combat weapon)
    -Inq. Stormtroopers-100
    -7 Troops
    -Veteran
    -Power Armour
    -Inq. Stormtroopers-100
    -7 Troops
    -Veteran
    -Power Armour

Fast Attack-304
    -Seraphim Squad-132
    -4 Seraphim
    -Veteran Superior
    -Dominion Squad-172
    -4 Sisters w/flamers
    -Veteran Superior
    -Immolator

Heavy Support-401
    -Exorcist-145
    -Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter
    -2Penitent Engines-160
    -Retributor Squad-140
    -6 Retributors
    -2 Heavy Bolters
    -Veteran Superior
    -Close Combat Weapon
    -Plasma Pistol

Point Total: 1946
    Any help spending the rest of my points, and/or criticism would be cool. As I said, this is my first army, and I'd love to learn.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

This is a very first time type of list. You've included a little bit of everything because at the moment you don't know enough about the units or the army to make real discriminations. Such a list isn't necessarily a bad one, but I think you could do with some advice on what your choices will mean for your army.

HQ
    This Inquisitor has a large retinue many of whom aren't doing anything terribly useful. The Inquisitor isn't very powerful in close combat and lacks effective support from his squad. You need to decide what you intend your Inq to do and fit him out for that if you want to take one. See the 'Speaking of Inquisitors...' thread for an idea on what such an Inq could do as a cc fighter.

Canonesses are good characters. They are cheap and effective, and add lots of that useful Faith. Given an Eviscerator or the Blessed Weapon and a few other bits of kit and they can carve up the enemy quite well, though don't expect them to take on Chaos Lords or Daemon Princes.

Elites
    The Celestians are a good solid choice, mobile and with ranged firepower. Bear in mind that they are not cc troops, they are just a little bit less vulnerable to it than other Sisters.
    Repentia are poor troops, you may find they accomplish little for their extravagant cost. If you find you need to cut a unit for something else, cut this one, it will make your army more competitive.

Troops
    Your troops are understrength and underequipped, too many points have been diverted to other things. Give the Superiors such things as Books of St. Lucius, power weapons or combi-weapons, or just leave them with a bolter. BP and CCW is a useless combo, it diminishes firepower and doesn't increase cc power significantly. Minimum size squads of Sisters often need transport to get them into battle effectively. If you want to keep them on foot beef them up to 12-14 each to give them the resilience they'll need. For special weapons flamers, heavy flamers and meltaguns are best, 2 stormbolters give just a few spits of long-range fire which won't do anything, while at 12" they become the same as a regular bolter.

The Stormtroopers need special weapons. Plasma guns are good, they zap marines and threaten most other things. Don't bother with power armour, the last ones alive should be the plasma gunners (if their own weapons don't fry them).

Fast Attack
    The Seraphim are understrength and they need flamer or inferno pistols. Give the VSS an eviscerator.

The Dominion with quad flamers are of doubtful value. Four flame templates is hard to place effectively. If you want to take Domins I'd recommend quad stormbolters plus one on a superior for mobile firepower, 10 shots at 24" after moving 6" is tactically useful. Alternatively take the pricey option of quad meltas for a unit that can vaporize vehicles, devastate Terminator squads or topple Carnifexes.

Heavy Support
    The Penitent Engines are a gamble, they can inflict alot of damage or just die horribly. They're regarded as a little overpriced for what they are. Bear in mind that you have to take a Priest to be able to field them which is an added cost.

The Exorcist needs Extra Armour so it can duck back out of sight when stunned. Exo's can move and shoot at full effect, exploit that.

The Retribs don't need any equipment on the VSS, give her a bolter so she can join in the long-range fire. Quad HB squads of 8-10 strength can be very powerful, consider it if you have the points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice. As soon as I get the time, I'll look into making these changes. Again, thanks. You have been extremely helpful.

+ Reply to Thread