1700pt GT list. Want to do well. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

1700pt GT list. Want to do well.

I have forked over the dough, and payed my $100, booked the hotel rooms for Aug 19th and 20th.

I have been in a few tourneys with my Grey Knights, and want to put together a list for the Tourney that will do Deamonhunters proud. I expect to modify this list with your help!

My lists have done well so far, and I have wound up in the top 1/4-1/3 of each tourney in all aspects, but I of course would like to do better.:rolleyes:

My lists completely obliterate hoard armies like 'Nids and Orks, and troop heavy armies in general, even Marines.

I have run into problems with Tank Heavy Marine and IG armies . I have found that I like Assassins when used properly, (only Callidus and the Eversor). To alleviate this, I have taken three dreads with TLLC and ML combo. (should be enough fire support?)

My other problem is deployment of my HQ. Deepstriking has not been that favorable for me, and walking Termies is usually not the best idea (unless you are fighting 'Nids or Orks), so I am thinking of using a LRC.

Enough blabbing here it is:

HQ: 300pts. BC(Psycannon)+4 Termies(one with Psycannon). Usually DS squad

ELITES: 170pts. Inquisitor with Psycannon. Sits behind PAGK squad with two Psycannons. (Firebase).

Callidus Assassin

TROOPS: 275pts. PAGK squad (Justicar + 7GKs, 2 Psycannons)

TROOPS: 275pts. PAGK squad (Justicar + 9GKs)

FAST ATTACK: 275pts. PAGK squad (Justicar + 9GKs)

HEAVY SUPPORT: 429pts. 3 x Dreadnaughts, (each with TLLC, ML, Smoke)

1699pts.

Option: Drop one Dread, add a LRC. Use the LRC to move the HQ into CC and then kill all possible.

I would drop the two Psycannons in the HQ for an Incinerator.

I would change the Callidus for an Eversor.

I would drop two PAGKs from the Psycannon Squad.

1699pts

Thanks for all feedback.

I am leaning toward the "Option" list.

Last edited by Diggums Hammer; June 9th, 2006 at 04:49.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

I like both lists. I think your "option" list with the LRC is the stronger build of the two, but also the one that's more fragile and subject to some bad luck ruining your day. (You know how I feel about packing HQ termies into a LRC, so I'll leave it at that. Otherwise, that "option" looks pretty solid.)

That said, I think there's some improvement to be made in your "3 dread" list (which is the one I would prefer, myself). The one problem with it is all of the GKs dedicated to your "fire support" squad. It's got 3 GKs that are truly superfluous, 75 pts of underutilized GK power. I see no reason to build such a squad with anything but the minimum number of GKs. Were it me, I would take those 3 GKs and skim a few more GKs from your other PAGK squads, probably drop a psycannon from your GQ and change the Callidus for an Eversor, all so you can have a 5-man GK fire support squad and 3 8-man GK squads.

Otherwise ... I got nothin'. Per usual, you've got solid lists on offer, Diggums. Good luck at the GT! Let us know how it goes!
    Last edited by number6; June 9th, 2006 at 20:03.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the LRC list because iam sure you know how i feel about Land Raider
    The HQ in the LRC is lethal indeed, but should i blow up its most likely lethal for you. I would pratice this list with putting the troops grey knights in there instead. Otherwise the plan is solid, but damn Diggums you love your Psycannons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Definitley the one with the LRC, it's much tougher, can dish our a lot of damage (plus anti-tank from the assaultcannon and multi-melta), will keep your HQ *safer* than DS and could get them to assault faster! Nice list!
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One dread should be AC/CCW, and I strongly prefer the eversor, he can doa lot more damage and he costs less. The 2 psycannon grey knight squad should be 5 strong and not more, then you will have extra points. I love the LRC, nine has never been destroyed, but If your problem is IG, tau etc, you will be even more troubled and the LRc is great for hoard armies, which you already to well against, so the choisce is up to you. I strongly suggest switching the weapons to AC/CCW on at least one of the dread ( I would do that to all 3, but thats just me).
    The gold grey knight man. These are hardy men who like cheese.

Ever thought of how cheese was found?:
    Brother captain
    `` I say sah, the milk in this barrel smells foul!``

Grand master:
    ``Oooohhh, give it a go!``

''Quack, damn you!''
    -Jamie heinamen, Mythbusters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Thanks for the advice so far. Here another "All out Assault" version.

HQ: (379pts) Grandmaster (Icon, Psycannon), 4 Termies.

Troops: (550pts) PAGK Squad, Justicar + 9 Grey Knights (Vanilla) x 2

Fast Attack: (275pts) FAGK Squad, Justicar + 9 Grey Knights (Vanilla) x 2

Heavy Support: (258pts) LRC + Smoke
    (236PTS) 2 x Dreads (AC, CCW, SMOKE, EA)

Total: 1698pts
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Diggums Hammer
    Here another "All out Assault" version.
    I don't think there's any way to improve that one! Simple and to the point. Looks brutal.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

~ I like the new assault one better, personally using the GM myself is "da bomb."

~ The LRC should be 268 though, 10pts. higher as we "unofficially" use the Space Marine Codex rules, according to the FAQs posted by HivemindTim (GW employee) on GW's forums.

~ The way I would put you back under would be, drop the smoke and extra armor off one dread bringing you to 1700 exact, or switch the GM's psycannon to one of the GKT (saves 5pts.) and then drop smoke on one of the dreads...
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be sure to tell us how it works out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimmers
    Be sure to tell us how it works out!
    ~ Be very patient than, his tourney isn't until Aug. 19th...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast