1500 Points infantry - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

1500 Points infantry

Hello all, me and a friend just came up with this while throwing some ideas around..... Is it viable??

HQ: 121
    Iron Discipline
    HSO, Power Weapon
    Master Vox
    Wavey Flag Veteran
    Mortar

Mortar Support Squad: 80

Elites:

Independant Commisar: 50
    Bolt pistol and CCW

Troops:

Platoon 1: 507
    Command Squad:
    Iron Discipline
    Missile Launcher
    2 Plasma guns

Infantry Squad:
    Vox
    Missile Launcher
    Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad:
    Vox
    Missile Launcher
    Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad:
    Vox
    Heavy Bolter
    Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad:
    Vox
    Heavy Bolter
    Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad:
    Vox
    Autocannon
    Plasma Gun
    Platoon 2: 537
    Command Squad:
    Iron Discipline
    Missile Launcher
    2 Plasma guns

Infantry Squad:
    Vox
    Missile Launcher
    Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad:
    Vox
    Missile Launcher
    Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad:
    Vox
    Heavy Bolter
    Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad:
    Vox
    Heavy Bolter
    Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad:
    Vox
    Autocannon
    Plasma Gun

Remnant Squad:
    5 men
    flamer

Conscript Squad:
    50 Conscripts

The Independant commisar will lead the conscripts towards the nearest enemy assault unit and hold them up while the line shoots the buggery out of the enemy.... Simple really.

Doctrines would be:
    Iron Discipline,
    Conscripts,
    CoD,
    Independant Commisars

How does it look??

Last edited by Cripsin; June 11th, 2006 at 21:16.
    Inquistion force WIP. Pics on posts 17 and 23.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make your HQ a junior officer with honorifica imperialis, 5 points saved.

Bolt pistol is 1 point extra, also, buff your commissar up, he may not last long.

Please put your troops in a better format, thanks.

You know you can't shoot into CC right, I may have just misinterpreted you.

You need more elites, maybe some veterans or kasrkin, whatever, they just put out more special weapons and heavy ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x1)

Sorry about format..... Not very good at it, is that better??

The commissar is not supposed to last long, hes supposed to shelter behind conscripts, if i buff him up and put him in the front line then he will get picked out (as independant commisars are independant charectors) and killed, he sits and the back and sustains morale..... Exactly what he should be doing.

I wish i could shoot into combat but i know you cant... (sniff)..... The conscripts are ther to slow the enemy down so i can reposition and fire when the enemy kills them all. A large 50 man speed bump!!

This wasnt really an elites kind of army, what with all the troops and all, but usually i would agree, i beleive however that this army should be able to shoot its way out of most situations with what its got.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More shots is not always everything. If you are facing a Tau player, masses of bodies won't matter, it just prolongs it all.

You should not be charging towards the assault unit, you want the conscripts to have a line so anything is held up. If you charge towards them, you lose a turn that you could have used for shooting at the assaulters and weakening them, instead of having your conscripts thrown away for nothing.

Your HSO may not need the iron discipline because he should be staying in cover somewhere, and not conveying his Ld to too many troops that need it.

Are you sure you don't want to drop some men and those missile launchers for some lascannons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x1)

I know lascanons are better at AT (and anti terminator), i just prefer missile launchers, they are more versatile, (frag and krak), and in my opinion look a wholelot better than the lascannons.

i think Iron Discipline passes down the vox, as the rule states that any unit using the leadership of the officer benefits (and they are using his leadership through the vox).

Also, by charge forwards for the conscripts, i mean engage the enemy in front of my line, so that i can reform to meet the threat by the time the combat ends, without the unit consolidating into another of my units, they are not running at the enemy as such, just engaging in advance of my line......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Iron unfortunately doesn't pass down the vox.

Sorry bout the conscripts, didn't understand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

I think ID is sent through Vox Caster; the codex states:
    The benefits of standards and trademark items are not conveyed through the vox-caster!
    This mentions nothing about any other skills; just those two. Otherwise surely they would have said? It also says nothing about it in the ID section.

Fluff wise, ID is just in the mind; surely he can send what he feels in his minds to the men, to encourage them?
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Then you'd be wrong. We've gotten published errata for the Guard Codex which clearly states that Iron Discipline does not pass down a vox-caster. Check the GW site if you like.

Crispin, the all-infantry concept isn't a bad idea at all, it can make for a competitive Guard list. The parts that aren't competitive though are the commissar and the Conscripts. There's a reason no serious list uses them, they're a waste of points even as a tar pit. Better off buying more Infantry Squads. Or even better, Hardened Veteran Squads since they're more effective. Also, mortars make for a pretty poor heavy weapon. If you stash your HQ squad out of enemy line of sight and let them grant leadership from afar then its adequate. But no need for a support squad. And finally if you want a strong, take-on-all type list then I'd recommend you drop grenade launchers for plasma guns and start upgrading some missile launchers to lascannons. You might like the look or versatility of ML's better, but it takes 72 missile launcher shots to statistically destroy ONE vehicle with an armor value of 14 (half the shots hit, only one in six chance to glance, one in six change of getting a "Vehicle Destroyed" result). I might have missed where you had 140 missile launchers in your list, but otherwise you want some lascannons so you at least get a chance.
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

+ Reply to Thread