[2000] What! A new list! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

[2000] What! A new list!

Here goes my concept list including a 3rd exorcist.

HQ
    Canoness: frags, blessed weapon, jump pack, cloak of st. aspira = 116pts
    Canoness: Eviscerator, cloak of st. aspira, jump pack = 110pts

ELITES
    10 x Celestians: Flamer, Heavy Flamer. Rhino, extra armour, smoke = 206pts

TROOPS
    10 x Battle Sisters: 2 Flamers, Veteran superior w/ bolter. Rhino, extra armour, smoke = 194pts

10 x Battle Sisters: Flamer, Heavy Flamer, Veteran superior w/ bolter. Rhino, extra armour, smoke = 200pts

5 x IST: 2 plasma guns = 70pts

FAST ATTACK
    8 x Seraphim: Vet w/ Eviscerator, BOSL, 2 w/ dual flamers = 230pts

6 x Dominions: Veteran superior, 2 melta guns. Immolator: Extra armour, smoke = 183pts

10 x FAGK (Fast Attack Grey Knights) Justicar w/ targeter = 276pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Exorcist: EA = 140pts
    Exorcist: EA = 140pts
    Exorcist = 135pts

ARMY TOTAL = 2000pts, 9 Faith Points.

So, 3 exorcists is great for all those pesky MEQ's. the dominions i added somewhat do what my 2 melta battle sister squad does.... cheap anti armour unit, and the immolator can help with hordes since my retributors are now gone. The grey knights are awsome at cc but also are devestating at shooting, but will be great bullet magnets so they're taken as FA so i can deep strike. the celestians, battle sisters, and canoness' are the same, doing normal rush and dump and slicing HQ's in half. same for the seraphim. the IST are another cheap anti space marine unit, especially at killing deep strikers trying to reach the armour.

Now, i know what you're saying.... what if you're up against tyranids? well the exorcist is probably the best TMC killer IN THE GAME! and 3 of them can deal with synapse creatures very very fast! so hopefully all the high strength shots will waste the synapse creatures and make the bugs run for the hills!

Last edited by gen.nehring; June 12th, 2006 at 19:21.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -41 (x0)

grey knights! your using grey knights! the enemys gonna poop themselves

is the melta dominion squad worth it with 3 exorcists?

overall nice solid looking list here. only suggestion would be to change round the EA on the exorcists, an extra meltagun for the dominions, and the heavy flamers. either stick with all HF or all EA. you might as well get an extra meltagun for the dominions if you are taking them, and maybe a VSS for the faith...

anyway a scourge squad cannot do all 3 of those in one turn. the squad can deep strike and deploy the portal, but it will be next turn when the reserves fly in from the portal. thus the scourges will be the only thing on the board for a turn lol... ripped to shreds
    -SONS of RUSS member-

Exiled until 5thED redo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I'd try to get some 36" ranged stuff in there.
    If you have 2000 points of enemy coming at you, you absolutely need to start chopping his numbers early on.

Try to get a Chimera for the ISTs, and/or an INqusistor with HB Servitors. With the DH contingent, you could even make him a DH INquisitor, and get a couple of sages, and a Psycannon. That's a great shooty squad.

What to sell?

GKs are so good, I think you only need Eight.
    Eight Stormbolters is a friggin STORM all its own, and firelanes and elligible targets sometimes tend to limit 10 dudes to get all their shots in. Eight SBs are often just as effective as 10. GKs are also fearless, and hit twice in CC, so they really don't need high numbers to remain effective in CC. Also, I think the Justicar is elligible for a Meltabomb and Targeter. That's six points very well spent. (If there's an Indirect Basilisk in the far corner behind forest dropping pie plates on your large army, the DeepStriking GKs might be your only hope to nail it. The Meltabomb will help. It's only 5 points).

As to the Cannonesses.
    Each GK is a Str6 Init4 attack in CC. With those boys on your field, I believe that you don't have to put 55 points worth of swords on your Cannonesses, and I don't think that both of them need to be jumpers. I'd put one Cannoness to lead the Celestians, and reduce one of the swords, and of course knock the Celestian squad down to nine, and sell a jump pack.

I hate Dominions. I think that Celestians can accomplish everything that Dominions can accomplish, and you get better CC, and free faith, for about the same price. Sell the Dominions for a Chimera, or for the Shooty Inquisitor Squad, or at least Trade the Dominions for Celestians. (Don't forget the 5-point Heavy Bolter Option on Celestians).

A lot of your star players in this army are not faithful (Exorcists & GKs), so not having 10 faith points is not a problem in this game. Don't worry about a faith count that is not up to par.

To recap,
    Cut back 2 GKs, trim down the Cannonesses a little bit, and trade in the Dominions.
    Get some more 36" range out there.
    Last edited by Red Zinfandel; June 12th, 2006 at 20:55.
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

what sell? no way, this is in addition to what i have. the reason im making a new list is im starting my what hopes to be badass exorcist conversion in a few days, and i have all those rhinos and sisters already. what i dont have is those grey knights. i have an inquisitor but i'ld have to get some henchmen. hmmm, both of my canoness' have jump packs glued on, maybe i could magnetize one?

as for a DH inquisitor.... (mind starts twirling) *thinks about making a DH inquisitor in termie armour conversion* im liking the idea, i like mystics a lot plus if i did drop the dominions, that alone would save almost 200pts! i'll keep on working on the list.

@ crucial..... i knew that would be too good if they could pop out of the portal all in the same turn. well then definetly yes, dont put on any upgrades. but maybe if you're playing mostly friendly games that allow normal deep strike swap a squad out for 3 hellions w/ WWP? but for a tournie stick w/ scourges.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

By "sell" I didn't mean sell the models. I meant "sell" in terms of points exchanging points.

I've been working on a similar concept with 3 Exorcists, the Inquisitorial HBs, and a Chimera or two. Basicly, the shootiest WH army I can muster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -41 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by gen.nehring
    @ crucial..... i knew that would be too good if they could pop out of the portal all in the same turn. well then definetly yes, dont put on any upgrades. but maybe if you're playing mostly friendly games that allow normal deep strike swap a squad out for 3 hellions w/ WWP? but for a tournie stick w/ scourges.
    aye, no upgrades at all in my book. its an absolute waste of about 150pts.

however hellions cant carry WWP in anyway whatsoever to the scourges is really your only choice for deep striking WWPs...
    -SONS of RUSS member-

Exiled until 5thED redo...

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

ah, bummer there.

anyways, im gonna borrow the DH codex from a friend probably today and might try and make up an inquisitor and HB retinue.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Don't get all carried away with sages and the Plasmacannon.
    Just get the cheap, 36" HeavyBolts, and maybe a Psycannon.
    I see a lot of temptation to make the squad more expensive than it should be.

The Invulnerable Trump on the Psycannon is a good piece of equipment in a 2,000 points game, where weird stuff with invulnerable saves shows up. And yes, Sheldon, as far as I;m concerned, a Psycannon negates the Invulnerable Save that a Turbo-Boosting-Biker gets. The turboing biker gets NO save vs the Psycannon.

Please don't get the PlasCannon.
    It's a rip in 4th. hen you shoot it, you have to place the little template over the head of one dude. If the enemy has his squad dispersed properly, you end up hitting exactly... one dude. Yes, yes, yes, it's nice to slam deepstriking Terminators with it, but WH has plenty of equipment that can adress that need, and nobody with a brain would ever drop his Terminators where a plas template could see him.

If you're stingy enough, you should be able to get a Chimera into the mix.

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

depends on what kind of bikers yur shooting.... against dark eldar bikes then no save, but space marine and eldar ones still would in my book as it says they gain an invulnerable save, it doesnt say that it replaces their normal save.

and well its no issue against ork bikers, as pyshic power harnessed into bolts does you no good at getting through that pollution!

as for the inquisitor.... im looking at 1 sage, a psycannon, HB servitors, then 2 mystics.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

+ Reply to Thread